Cracked screen on IPad

My 8 year old daughter dropped my IPad2 down some concrete steps today and although it still works, the screen is cracked. What is the best way to get it fixed? And how much will it cost? Anyone have any experience of this? Thanks x

Comments

• RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple will swap out your iPad for a refurbished one for £199, or you could use a third party repair service like this: http://www.gloopy.co.uk/ipad-2-front-screen-repairs-uk/

Check if it's just the front glass that needs replacing though, as if the screen underneath the glass is smashed too it will be quite a bit more to have it fixed by a third party.

Alternatively if you're confident with this sort of thing you could try fixing it yourself. The parts are readily available online and there are plenty of video guides on YouTube, etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    This happened to me directly after christmas, my screen cracked but was still usable. If your ipad is like mine in that it still works I wouldn't recommend trying to fix it yourself as it's possible you could damage the screen underneath.

I rang companies in my hometown and they suggested a company who could repair it for £95. I believe CEX entertainment also offer a service similar to this.

Good luck!