The following program contains strong nudity

2»

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been said before, but I find it amusing that complaints tend to be geared more towards nudity/sex than violence. ..... .

Didn't Mary Whitehouse admit later in life that she had concentrated too much on things like nudity and not enough on violence.
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    "strong nudity" = Tits, bum, fanny the lot!

Don't worry, I got the 'Gregory's Girl' quote.

There are a lot of stupidly worded warnings these days, not just on TV, but films too, just look at some of these BBFC howlers
    "Contains mild fantasy violence," "Contains infrequent moderate sex references," and the did use this for one of the Harry Potter films, "contains mild violence and fantasy spiders"

And slightly changing the topic, this weeks most ridiculous story about warnings...

A supermarket change in the North West has had to remove it's stocks of bags of peanuts, as the packaging does not contain the warning "may contain nuts" It's not the horsemeat scandal, a bag of nuts isn't going to contain solid gold raisins is it?
  • TrinitronHDTrinitronHD Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Don't forget US network TV is very coy when it comes to anything involving sex or strong language
    But not Showtime, HBO or other cable channels. It's pretty much obligatory on those.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    That's why the BBC cut the start of Hunted, as about one minute into the first episode there is a sex scene. The BBC One screening showed nothing, whereas Cinemax in the US showed it uncut and you got to see Melissa George topless.
    Is because the BBC would have problems showing nudity at 9.01pm

Luckily the UK BD release from EOne uses the US edit :D

Very true. Sky One aired Strike Back (also a co-production with Cinemax, like Hunted) at 9pm on a Sunday and got into hot water with Ofcom because it featured full frontal female nudity within the first few minutes.
    Ofcom objected on two levels, first that it featured full frontal female nudity three minutes after the watershed, and second that the programme followed the ‘family orientated’ The Simpsons.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    It was - the second episode - and I must have missed that fishy women you mention as I didn't see any of that. Quite possible as the show didn't really hold my attention.

Haha :D Was she wearing a fish costume?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it too much to ask that Ofcom actually defines what it means by gradual transition? At what point does a nipple or more become acceptable or does it depend on the whim of the censor on the day?
  • Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wondered what they call a fanny over there

Mr President :D