Options

Sony charging for online multiplayer

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Tretton said the money will be invested to make psn better. Lets be honest, where would the money come from the fun the awesome service? like gaikai, fast download, uploads?
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm one of these people until last month. I have never subscribed to PS+ until i got a free year code from the PS4 conference. Since then i have found i've downloaded a lot of stuff, but dont have time to play it :(.

welcome to my world:D:(
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a personal level, it doesn't bother me as I'm already as PS+ subscriber, and my £40 which will be paying for enhanced PS4 online functionality as well as all of the PS3 and PS Vita benefits I already get. So for me, it's nothing short of a bargain. I'm sure lots of other existing members will feel the same way.

For anybody migrating from Xbox Live, well they are used to paying for online, but will be getting added benefits on PS4.

The only people really affected will be those that aren't already paying. I'm sure that some of them will be miffed, but Sony aren't doing anything that Microsoft haven't done for years, and it's a much better value package overall.

However, not everyone playing for free on PSN has being paying MS for the privilege, so the fact that MS have being 'at it' for years will be of little comfort.

I've been with PSN+ from nearly day one, its fantastic value and I wouldn't be without it.