Helen Flanagan - sponsored by The Sun?

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You touched a nerve ;).

No, he really didn't and that just another forum cliche and way of digging at other FMs. I think you'll find I've not posted very much about either of the females that he mentions.

It's the coming onto a forum to criticise others who post on that forum that p*sses me off. Plenty of other sections in this place to post in if Showbiz is 'beneath' anyone. I've nit been into 3/4 of this forum as I have no interest so I don't really get someone coming into here just to make digs at other FMs.

If people actually read this forum rather than just throw accusations about, they might see the majority of posts are taking the p*ss out of these ridiculous z listers rather than being 'jellus'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zora wrote: »
    I don't see anyone flying into a rage. I see people who have just had enough of being talked down to whenever they give an opinion on certain celebrity females.

I am actually very surprised the mods allow posters like you and JasonWatkins to post in the manner you do. I've been on many forums over the years where your attitudes would have had you banned.

Daft thing is, I don't think I've ever really offered an opinion on either Flanagan or Cole, let alone one of the views Jason is so keen to pour scorn on. I simply hate the fact that (mostly male) FMs come onto here just to roll their eyes and look down on anyone who posts here with obvious underlying 'jellus' digs in their disdain.

Most people discussed in showbiz are desperate attention seekers who deserve to have fun poked at them. Why should people be sneered at just for doing that?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Jason - you're not stupid; you know full well that you are focusing on FM's - not on the celebrity

You're right in that I wasn't focusing on the celebrity - that was never my intention. My intention was to poke fun and tease in a general sense that people cared so much about a "zeleb" that they'd take the time to let everyone know how little they cared. I just didn't appreciate the notion that I might have been targetting specific people or "telling people what to say".

At the end of the day, I find humour in absurdity and I just find the approach to Flanagan, Cole et al just absurd. And the reaction to that being challenged often just adds to that as well. But it's something that's clearly upset some people so for that I'm certainly more than happy to apologise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

Most people discussed in showbiz are desperate attention seekers who deserve to have fun poked at them. Why should people be sneered at just for doing that?

Nail on the head, Blondie! :)

I actually think attitudes of some of the people who do this sneering should really be clamped down on. It should be very much against the T&Cs because it's nothing more than an attempt to silence anyone saying things they don't like, and who made them judge and jury?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually think attitudes of some of the people who do this sneering should really be clamped down on. It should be very much against the T&Cs because it's nothing more than an attempt to silence anyone saying things they don't like, and who made them judge and jury?

I appreciate it might not be the most appropriate thing to say at the moment, but I do so appreciate the passive aggressive approach you're taking by talking about me without actually addressing me directly ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I appreciate it might not be the most appropriate thing to say at the moment, but I do so appreciate the passive aggressive approach you're taking by talking about me without actually addressing me directly ..

I've seen by observing others that addressing you directly doesn't get people very far. Nothing passive-aggressive about it, I just know when not to waste my time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With what attitude? Someone gives their opinion, fine, but to fly into a rage if someone takes exception to it and demand petulantly that you must be respected for having an opinion is childish.

Nor do I ever come across anyone in the real world who behaves like that; it appears to be mainly an internet phenomenon.

Also - I have experienced the exact opposite. People value being treated with basic respect, which includes the ability to agree to disagree and to NOT treat their opinions like arseholes.

Maybe we just move in VERY different social circles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen by observing others that addressing you directly doesn't get people very far. Nothing passive-aggressive about it, I just know when not to waste my time.

I would have thought my most recent responses to certain people in this thread demonstrate that i'm quite willing to talk and to explain myself in a perfectly rational manner. But if you wish to continue talking about me instead of to me, then I suppose I can't stop you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think discussion on this subject has been exhausted and some of us will have to agree to disagree. I wouldn't want the mods to lock the thread because of bickering or getting off topic.

Back to Helen, does anyone know when her reality show will air and if it will be a series rather than a one-off? I can't imagine what they will fill it with, content wise.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right in that I wasn't focusing on the celebrity - that was never my intention. My intention was to poke fun and tease in a general sense that people cared so much about a "zeleb" that they'd take the time to let everyone know how little they cared. I just didn't appreciate the notion that I might have been targetting specific people or "telling people what to say".

At the end of the day, I find humour in absurdity and I just find the approach to Flanagan, Cole et al just absurd. And the reaction to that being challenged often just adds to that as well. But it's something that's clearly upset some people so for that I'm certainly more than happy to apologise.

You really do come across as if you believe yourself to be the only person on here aware of the irony of giving attention to idiot zelebs desperate for attention.

This may come as a shock to you but it's perfectly possible to be fully aware of the above and still want to have a little rant about the idiot zeleb in question for no reason other than they are an idiot zeleb and you feel like it, because you're on a showbiz forum, 95% of which is filled with idiot zeleb nonsense.

Why make such a meal out of it? You seem to be taking it all way more seriously than anyone else.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

What about the attitudes of those doing the sneering at the celeb in questio, should that be clamped down upon and against the T&Cs? The irony of your argument is hilarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the attitudes of those doing the sneering at the celeb in questio, should that be clamped down upon and against the T&Cs? The irony of your argument is hilarious.

See the second paragraph in post #103. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Why make such a meal out of it? You seem to be taking it all way more seriously than anyone else.

As I've already said, and as I'm sure you're more than aware, trying to express a sense of humour through the medium of ascii text isn't always the best avenue to take as it doesn't always work.

Various people extract varying levels of emotion and intent from those characters so invariably the initial intent is quite often lost.

Again, as I've already said, I simply found humour in the repetitive nature of the complaints but I appreciate now that this is a wholly sensitive subject so I will most certainly do my best to take in to account that other FM's could well take what I say the wrong way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But this is a showbiz forum to discuss all aspects of the z list and the desperate wannabes. That's the idea of the forum. Why would it be against T&Cs to do exactly what the forum is here for?

Can you really not see that criticising other FMs is a different matter to criticising zelebs?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Complain to the mods - they set the rules that it is against T&C's to denigrate FM's. Criticising celebs - as long as it is not libellous or offensive - is within the rules.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for the apology.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    You really do come across as if you believe yourself to be the only person on here aware of the irony of giving attention to idiot zelebs desperate for attention.

This may come as a shock to you but it's perfectly possible to be fully aware of the above and still want to have a little rant about the idiot zeleb in question for no reason other than they are an idiot zeleb and you feel like it, because you're on a showbiz forum, 95% of which is filled with idiot zeleb nonsense.

Yep Lexi

Most of us have stressful lives these days so what is wrong with taking a bit of me time to have a moan about Kerry getting knocked up again, Nat Cass losing weigth again or Helen F just being am airhead?
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Pablo79 wrote: »
    She's a fabulous actor. It's a real pity she endures all this criticism just because she happens to appear in the tabloid press every once in a while and has the odd trauma or two in her personal life.

Who are you? Her Mum? :D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't fly into a rage or demand anything petulantly - I was merely expressing an opinion which disagreed with another opinion.

You did say people should be treated with respect for having an opinion, though. It did come across that you took exception to anyone disagreeing with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    But this is a showbiz forum to discuss all aspects of the z list and the desperate wannabes. That's the idea of the forum. Why would it be against T&Cs to do exactly what the forum is here for?

Can you really not see that criticising other FMs is a different matter to criticising zelebs?

Under the terms and conditions it's different. Morally, it's no different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also - I have experienced the exact opposite. People value being treated with basic respect, which includes the ability to agree to disagree and to NOT treat their opinions like arseholes.

Maybe we just move in VERY different social circles.

But then who is being disrespectful? It seems to me it's you who has the bad attitude. I didn't attack anyone personally at first; I just pointed out that there's nothing special about having an opinion, as we all have them. Then YOU attacked ME. Was it the a**ehole comparison you found so objectionable? It's a common expression, if slightly earthy. I didn't invent it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, Dave. People like you are absolutely exhausting, and I realise how absolutely pointless it is even attempting to engage reasonably with you.

Life is too short. Toodles.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw thus daft bint on BBBOTS recently.
    She really is moronic...like...you know..but...'I'm so ditzy like....you know.
    I wouldn't know an opinion if it jumped up and bit me on the bum....' :yawn::yawn::yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You did say people should be treated with respect for having an opinion, though. It did come across that you took exception to anyone disagreeing with you.

I simply expressed an opinion. At no stage was I petulant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under the terms and conditions it's different. Morally, it's no different.

Disagree but then it's not like we've ever agreed on anything is it?