Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    flowerduckflowerduck Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    That was so awkwardly entertaining. Peter's face throughout was gold.

I don't think I have laughed as much in a long time. Yes, awkard yet entertaining and extremely surreal! Peter and Jenna occasionally had the look of 'wtf' througout and often at each other... bless them. There is already Peter 'dad dancing' as a gif on tumblr.... :D

I won't mention the portrait as someone must have spent a long time painting it....
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Clara/Jenna ever tell The Doctor off because of something he said in passing?:confused:
  • Options
    PobattiPobatti Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    Would Clara/Jenna ever tell The Doctor off because of something he said in passing?:confused:

She's no shrinking violet - if the Doctor does say something she has a problem with you can rest assured she'll make a point of telling him off for it :)
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pobatti wrote:
    She's no shrinking violet - if the Doctor does say something she has a problem with you can rest assured she'll make a point of telling him off for it :)
    Good and so she should, when called for.:D
  • Options
    Mr MoriartyMr Moriarty Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did not manage to capture the live stream but pretty much everyone I know that did is calling it very awkward and weird lol can anyone explain why? :)
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did not manage to capture the live stream but pretty much everyone I know that did is calling it very awkward and weird lol can anyone explain why? :)

I think this sums it up.

Maybe this. || The Tucker stare was with us.

To be fair it was South Korea's live-stream and we weren't supposed to be following along with the comedian's jokes. It was all harmless - just funny to watch Peter & Jenna stay cool in the madness of it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Episode 2 has officially leaked :o

Just a heads up for folks to be wary of a second wave of major spoilers for people to avoid.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Pobatti wrote: »
    Episode 2 has officially leaked :o

Just a heads up for folks to be wary of a second wave of major spoilers for people to avoid.

I know some people who had access to episode 2 several weeks ago, I found out about it a day or two after everyone had hold of Deep Breath. I caved and downloaded episode one but composed myself and deleted it again rather than watching, and never gave episode 2 another thought. I'd hate to spoil myself a way into a series... I can appreciate the hype surrounding the debut episode as people want to get a feel for the new Doctor and so on, but episode two, really? :confused:

Not long now though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know some people who had access to episode 2 several weeks ago, I found out about it a day or two after everyone had hold of Deep Breath. I caved and downloaded episode one but composed myself and deleted it again rather than watching, and never gave episode 2 another thought. I'd hate to spoil myself a way into a series... I can appreciate the hype surrounding the debut episode as people want to get a feel for the new Doctor and so on, but episode two, really? :confused:

The story goes that episode 2 was briefly available, but there weren't enough "seeds" for anyone to obtain the complete file - those who downloaded it were missing the beginning chunk rendering the video unplayable.

The file was "reseeded" a couple of hours ago, and the full file is now downloadable and playable, though the quality is far below that of the episode 1 file: it's far rougher, missing effects and placeholder CGI are much more apparent and appear much more often, some of the Dalek voices haven't been finished (and sound plain weird), there are even parts where Capaldi and Coleman's lines are missing and appear only in subtitles.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Despite what anyone might have told you, they didn't have access. It clearly existed but as the poster above says, was not accessible.

And there's no greater danger of spoilers now than before, as the entire story was already leaked weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    And there's no greater danger of spoilers now than before, as the entire story was already leaked weeks ago.

A good piece of logic that slipped my mind a few posts ago :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will you be watching, Tony? So you might tell us how wrong we are, again... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends who "we" is and what you're supposed to be wrong about, But I already saw it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to know ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...why? And who is "we" and what are you supposed to be wrong about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "We" being those who saw the final product of episode one and were left confused as to why it appeared that Capaldi, Coleman & Moffat weren't just spouting lies and unwarranted hyperbole in interviews despite being told that they were wrong and we were wrong for believing them.

Just as NeonVisual is now trying to convince his followers that the new title sequence is game show rubbish, you were trying to tell us that the first few episodes of series 8 did not live up to the expectations set by the Cast & Crew. This was not done "in your opinion" at all times - you were stating outright that what they had said was not true. That is something that can be misconstrued.

Perhaps the two leaked pre-air screeners do not live up to your standards (whatever they are), but that doesn't necessarily mean that we had been buried under unfounded hype. It would appear that the majority of the audience and press who attended the screening of the final episode came away having witnessed the beginnings of the new approach and direction that we were promised.

"Good for them" I know. Even in my review of the episode I stated that I was somewhat disappointed that the villains weren't as sinister that they could have been. But then I remembered that Doctor Who is a family show and there are limits to what can be shown on screen. Merely having a more experienced gentleman and actor in the lead role was enough to elevate it, dramatically, above the last few series. The longer scene lengths went a long way to relieve complaints of Moffat characterization of the last few series. There was a serious message underlying the character-centric story and it wasn't one of a fairytale thematic design. It was interesting to see - considering that post-regenerative stories are mostly transition periods. Capaldi has his 11 moments early on just as 11 had his 10. Thankfully no walking in to walls.

Whether we like the individual plots or not (for DB it rightfully took a backseat to The Doctor/Clara IMO) doesn't necessarily relate to whether the series is going to feel different to those that came before it. You have said that the "window dressing" would not affect your view of a story... and that view is perfectly acceptable. But once you led us to believe that Capaldi & co. were stating falsehoods - I knew it was worth waiting for the screening to find out.

Now I don't wish to derail this thread again - or turn it in to "what I thought of Deep Breath" - so I'm not going to speak further on the matter (unless forum policy suddenly changes to allow discussion of the leaked material so that we might compare in a new thread) and enjoy the rest of my Birthday (I know, sad that I'm even here :p) But as a general message to those who haven't seen any of the two unedited episodes (or the scripts) - it is worth waiting to conclude whether or not the team's new approach to storytelling and visual direction is anything close to a departure from the first seven series of the modern era of the show.

We're all different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only concession I'm really willing to make is the premier had some longer scenes. But it was an extended episode, they always do have more breathing room. The rest of the stuff about the overall feel was indeed hype and bollocks, but I'm not gonna cry if some people choose to disagree.

Happy birthday anyway! I only hope the weather is a bit better for it where you are, but the impression I get is that it's pretty bad all over.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just imagining River Song saying, 'spoilers!':D
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Now I don't wish to derail this thread again - or turn it in to "what I thought of Deep Breath" - so I'm not going to speak further on the matter (unless forum policy suddenly changes to allow discussion of the leaked material so that we might compare in a new thread) and enjoy the rest of my Birthday (I know, sad that I'm even here :p) But as a general message to those who haven't seen any of the two unedited episodes (or the scripts) - it is worth waiting to conclude whether or not the team's new approach to storytelling and visual direction is anything close to a departure from the first seven series of the modern era of the show.

We're all different.

Happy Birthday CD93!! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Wilmshurst will be directing this year’s Christmas special.

(thanks Airborae :) )
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Pobatti wrote: »
    The Doctor

i beg your pardon ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    i beg your pardon ?
    It's unfortunate that it's a scene that was filmed on location and therefore common knowledge for spoiler hounds... but yes The Doctor will be featuring briefly :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i beg your pardon ?
    Proper spoiler and answer to your question you will understand:
    It is the 11th Doctor, who gives Clara a phone call to ask her to help Doc 12.
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i beg your pardon ?

i want me to spoil it for you properly then click the spoiler tab below but if not then dont :)

Warning Spoilers follow.

SPOILERS..

Right Basically before Clara reaches the TARDIS in TOTD and puts the phone back on its hook, The 11th made a phone call to future Clara and 12 to reassure her that 12 was really him and to trust him as 12 is properly alot more scared than she was and to say a final goodbye :) its quite moving if im honest
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know how I feel about this. I adore cough splutter but wonder if the scene will work in the context of the debut of Peter C. Still, if done well.....not long until I find out.

Bit silly being vague in a spoilers thread, but I still haven't worked out how to do spoiler tags. :blush: Anyone who can who wants to give their opinion on how they thought the scene worked, without going into specifics, I'd be interested.

Edit: Just seen jxbrenna's post. Had already been spoilered from the location filming. I could get rather emotional!
This discussion has been closed.