Options

Victoria Derbyshire's New BBC Show

Comments

• Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    I saw it for the first time a couple of days ago and thought it was well worth watching. At least it made a break from the mainly repeated rolling news. I'm sure viewing figures are pretty much as they would be for the rest of the time on that channel and in any case they don't really matter. It also generates useful interviews to use snippets of during the main news, so it serves a useful purpose.

A self-serving purpose. Those "snippets" wouldn't normally be worthy of making the main bulletins, but no doubt James Harding has ordered his editors to include VD excerpts and "make sure you mention this was from the VD show".
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    114,000 / 2.6% for the BBC2 show yesterday.
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tumbling. (Tom & Jerry cartoons would be cheaper and gain a bigger audience)
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good job most contributors to this thread don't have anything remotely serious in their lives to get steamed up about. :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    best boy wrote: »
    ...and collecting an astonishing payout, which is the standard BBC reward for failure.

I'm sure they'll keep trying Derbyshire in a number of different formats until they finally find one which suits her - extremely limited - 'talents'. It's called the 'Clare Balding Formula'. :D
    Balding seems pretty competent though. They may stick her presenting sports that nobody has heard of and only 3 people in the world compete in but tends to do her research and is professional about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    It's a good job most contributors to this thread don't have anything remotely serious in their lives to get steamed up about. :D

Froome still yellow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Froome still in yellow (again).
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »
    A self-serving purpose. Those "snippets" wouldn't normally be worthy of making the main bulletins, but no doubt James Harding has ordered his editors to include VD excerpts and "make sure you mention this was from the VD show".

Yet in spite of all the BBC advertising this program gets the ratings remain dreadful. Mind you the trailed dressed up as news on BBC Breakfast today was so dull the advertising is probably backfiring!
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Carol Kirkwood's contributions to this show. She must be on holiday after her Wimbledon multi shifts though.

VD - "Hello Carol, how are you today?"

CK - "I'm very well thank you Victoria, how are you??".

But, the slightly awkward interactions with various other weather people carry on regardless so...there's still occasional amusement to be had there.

Whenever I watch and despite VD's name being plastered over the screen I still think I'm watching Kaye Adams half the time. :blush::o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    I miss Carol Kirkwood's contributions to this show. She must be on holiday after her Wimbledon multi shifts though.

VD - "Hello Carol, how are you today?"

CK - "I'm very well thank you Victoria, how are you??".

But, the slightly awkward interactions with various other weather people carry on regardless so...there's still occasional amusement to be had there.

Whenever I watch and despite VD's name being plastered over thue screen I still think I'm watching Kaye Adams half the time. :blush::o:D

So you think it's a dig. Rather than mere chewing the cud?
  • Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching BBC TV last night and up popped yet another advertisement for the Victoria Derbyshire show. The BBC must now have given it as many plugs as it has viewers!

Sadly Victoria's pedestrian delivery and the dull nature of the topics probably only meant that viewers decided to avoid it.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful show and woman.
    BBC please get rid.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to have disappeared from the BBC News channel countdown however.No show on BBC2 on Friday because of the grand prix (although she doesn't seem to work Fridays in any case).
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redvers36 wrote: »
    I was watching BBC TV last night and up popped yet another advertisement for the Victoria Derbyshire show. The BBC must now have given it as many plugs as it has viewers!

Sadly Victoria's pedestrian delivery and the dull nature of the topics probably only meant that viewers decided to avoid it.

I wonder if the News channel's ratings will ever recover from VD.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    A sign in the local establishment told me "VD is treatable"
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »

Should do if they went back to the rolling news format.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should do if they went back to the rolling news format.

They seem to run the trailer every hour on the hour - it makes tomorrow's programme sound incredibly dull. Sign of desperation methinks.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got 3 days off this week, so I must have a look at one of these.

Is it worse than Matthew Wright?

Mind you I've heard she has 'lovely films' though.
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Post partum psychosis , what a jolly start to the week !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder why they've never done a programme on marital infidelity, that would be worth watching.......
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble with these topic based human interest shows is that if you aren't interested in the topic you won't watch.
    I am one of those who doesn't find the human interest angle attractive, and don't give a f*ck about what the man in the street thinks about things.
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I wonder why they've never done a programme on marital infidelity, that would be worth watching.......

heard VD host a couple of rather uncomfortable discussions on marital infidelity when she had her radio programme :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    heard VD host a couple of rather uncomfortable discussions on marital infidelity when she had her radio programme :)

Was Fi Glover a guest ?:D
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,157
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    The trouble with these topic based human interest shows is that if you aren't interested in the topic you won't watch.
    I am one of those who doesn't find the human interest angle attractive, and don't give a f*ck about what the man in the street thinks about things.
    The man/woman on the street is usally as thick as pig-s**t anyway.:D
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably a good show, its just her IMO.... She has a very strange demeanour sometines.

Someone should remind her she went to Preston Polytechnic, not Oxbridge.