Michelle Keegan quitting Corrie

Comments

• avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    How do you not know that?:rolleyes: Who knows what will happen when they do choose to leave the programme? Maybe they just enjoy the show. Personally, I like Samia and enjoy her storyline with Marcus. I do think certain characters have a sell by date like Kirsty, but others are fine to stay if need be if they have the right stories, if you know what I mean.;)

Thank you and very well said.:)
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised she's quitting. Who'd want an affair with Gary!? :D
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    You're right of course because its not like they'd get any acting work anywhere else;)

Never know. IMO her acting isn't bad at all, that seems to be the favorite claim for every actor on DS.

I like Michelle and I like Tina, and I will miss her character if she decides to leave.
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I like her character but since Graham left I have felt that Tina seems somewhat aimless in the Street- like you kind of wonder why a girl like her stays there. Tommys OK, and their relationship was vaguely interesting sometimes but they haven't done enough with his character to make us care one way or another. I can see why the actress (or actor as some prefer) may want to leave and try other things, because in the case of Tina the best drama has already happened.
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    You're right of course because its not like they'd get any acting work anywhere else;)

Like most soap actors then, not just Kym and Samia.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

That's quite mean spirited. I'm not sure what you have against them. I for one appreciate the fact that Corrie largely has a loyal cast. It's preferable than having what seems like a revolving door on some of the other soaps.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had a job acting in Corrie, I'd never leave it. She's mad to be leaving..
  • pudseymrcvspudseymrcvs Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby_Marz wrote: »
    Agent F wrote: »
    Well I'm sure we'll know for sure at some point tomorrow. The above just says she was offered a new contract.
    That DS article was copied from the Star on Sunday so thet 3 year contract probably never existed.
    An ITV source told the Daily Star Sunday:

If she's not going until May 2014 it sounds like she got another year's contract and it won't be renewed again.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's quite mean spirited. I'm not sure what you have against them. I for one appreciate the fact that Corrie largely has a loyal cast. It's preferable than having what seems like a revolving door on some of the other soaps.

True though. For every Katherine Kelly or Jenna-Louise Coleman there's a hundred Patsy Palmers and Kate Ford's. I'm just being realistic ;)
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Is a shame, because I thought Tina & Tommy would end up being the new Jack & Vera.

Glad in a way, because she's getting out before Stuart Blackburn has a chance to ruin her character.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ........book her in for 2014 Strictly now I reckon ;)
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is a shame, because I thought Tina & Tommy would end up being the new Jack & Vera.

Oh my God, what a nightmare. That would be like a prison sentence for me. Not working for anyone else. Stuck in the same job from youth to grave.:eek:

An absolutely horrific thought!! Good luck to Michelle, I say.

Spread your wings babe and fly onto better things.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont think its mean spirited, just realistic, first of all the acting profession is very hard and at any one time there are thousands of actors out of work, and also I;m afraid a lot of soap actors really arent the best. A lot of them go straight from nothing to a soap and then they are playing one character with some very ropey scripts.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be no great loss imo. Her character just spends the majority of her time shouting at people or having hissy fits. Plus her hair is getting so big they won't be able to fit it in the Rovers before too long :p
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to her, she is a good character but has had some dodgy storylines of late, so not surprised just hope she doesn't go the Helen Flanagan route.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    I'm gutted, she's my favourite person on CS by far!

I can sort of see her having a more showbiz career rather than acting, appearing in some sort of TOWIE spin-off with Mark Wright eventually once their money dries up. I hope I'm wrong though and she goes the way Suranne Jones has!

I was thinking the exact same thing regarding Suranne Jones:)! I think when Suranne left she was the same age as Michelle is now and also had a similar high profile in the show and in the media. I think Michelle could have a similar career to Suranne if she ditches the fake tan and Mark Wright. I'm sorry but although Mark seemed like a nice guy on IACGMOOH, when it comes to women, he's just not very trustworthy and Michelle won't be taken seriously as an actress if she's papped going with him to clubs full of bimbos with fake boobs popping out of their dress:eek:!

Though tbh I predict her and Mark will have split up before she leaves Corrie anyway:)
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    cj1234 wrote: »
    I dont think its mean spirited, just realistic, first of all the acting profession is very hard and at any one time there are thousands of actors out of work, and also I;m afraid a lot of soap actors really arent the best. A lot of them go straight from nothing to a soap and then they are playing one character with some very ropey scripts.

I think the poster was being mean spirited by, on the one hand, admonishing certain actresses for not leaving the show and on the other, reveling in the notion that they probably wouldn't get any other work if they did.

The above may all be true but that doesn't stop actors of a certain nature taking the plunge and leaving a show. Even Michelle Keegan, who I like, is hardly Meryl Streep. But I don't criticise her for going either - everybody has to make the choices right for them. It just so happens that actors like Samia are happy where they are and that's no bad thing either.
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    I do like her but not really bothered about her going to be honest.
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I hope they kill her off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    zummigummi wrote: »
    I hope they kill her off.

like drown in the river like her dad :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    New boss Stuart B will not wish to lose Michelle. She is such a great actress.

Please stay Michelle...:)
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jacqueline Jossa will win sexiest female now then
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was good when involved with the Platts (I also liked her original feud with Kirsty) but been pointless since.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    This was inevitable really; she really was a whirlwind of energy when she first came into the show, and was always destined for greater things.

When given the right storyline, she was amazing at it (her relationship with David, her depression after her Dad's death), but the surrogacy story really seemed to smack of running out of ideas.

I wish her all the best for the future...provided she gives the tanning a rest :p
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she will be very missed but I predict she will be back. LOL to the those who commented on the tanning!