The Register - hree’s definition of “unlimited” is 25GB

joelukenjoeluken Posts: 250
Forum Member
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/07/lyca_4g_10gb_cap/

"Three’s definition of “unlimited” is 25GB, buried in the terms and conditions PDF. I guess that’s the “Display Department”."

Really or does that relate to feel at home usage in another country ?

Any one know where in the T&C's this covered ?

Comments

• Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like them to post this terms and conditions as I've never had a problem exceeding 500GB in a month once.

A load of rubbish
  • ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been printed on the back of my bills ever since I signed up.

http://i.imgur.com/fkZkHCk.png

I am able to use way more than 25GB if I wish though.
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joeluken wrote: »
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/07/lyca_4g_10gb_cap/

"Three’s definition of “unlimited” is 25GB, buried in the terms and conditions PDF. I guess that’s the “Display Department”."

Really or does that relate to feel at home usage in another country ?

Any one know where in the T&C's this covered ?

Oh dear... lazy reporting day at The Register it seems.

25GB relates to Feel at Home usage. In the UK it's more. Three even says so here, online, so why The Register were looking at PDFs I don't know.
  • joelukenjoeluken Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Looks like sloppy reporting >:(

Also do Three generally use the term "unlimited" in relation to data in their marketing ?

Spotted this on a another forum.

Three 18/3/2014 price guide T&C's - http://www.three.co.uk/ThreePortal/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id...

Section -

Feel at home -

"If your plan, or Add-on, allowance comes with All You Can Eat Data, your data use while abroad in a Feel At Home destination is limited to 25GB of data"

All you can eat data allowance -

"A usage cap has been set at 1000GB in order for example to identify commercial use of the service, which is not permitted under the Terms for Three Services"
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. The 25GB limit is indeed only for when you're on a Feel at Home country. Someone really hasn't read things properly.

That story needs to be rapidly updated, as it's bound to spread like wildfire and then the usual suspects will be creating new threads on here (if they're not still banned!) and no doubt suggesting that even if this story is 100% wrong, it's somehow proof that Three intends to introduce hard caps in the future!
  • AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Register seems to be joining the list of the UK's ever reliable news sites. They include: The Daily Fail, CNET.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've edited the article by the looks of things.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlecR wrote: »
    The Register seems to be joining the list of the UK's ever reliable news sites. They include: The Daily Fail, CNET.

Is CNET actually that bad? never used myself but a lot of my friends often use it for reviews.
  • joelukenjoeluken Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    They've edited the article by the looks of things.

Lol - they clearly decided to mention the most popular feel at home destinations. Does the 25Gb allowance not work in the USA, Italy, the Republic of Ireland, Austria, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong in addition to Indonesia and Macau.

"Three’s definition of “unlimited” is 25GB while abroad – although only in "Feel at Home" destinations like Macau and Indonesia – and around 1,000GB a month while at home in Blighty, though Three notes this is "subject to TrafficSense™"."
  • lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joeluken wrote: »
    Lol - they clearly decided to mention the most popular feel at home destinations. Does the 25Gb allowance not work in the USA, Italy, the Republic of Ireland, Austria, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong in addition to Indonesia and Macau.

"Three’s definition of “unlimited” is 25GB while abroad – although only in "Feel at Home" destinations like Macau and Indonesia – and around 1,000GB a month while at home in Blighty, though Three notes this is "subject to TrafficSense™"."

*snort* you took the words out of my mouth :D they might just as well have chucked in the word "only" a couple of times too and have done with it, to complete the whole tone of that report.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect Three got in touch with them, but they didn't want to admit their error. I'm surprised they didn't just remove the story.

Isn't it nice weather today? Bit windy, but quite sunny.

Clearly the angle, or 'hook' was this revelation about a 25GB limit, which turns out to be false. So there's no longer a story!

It's no longer relevant to talk about any limit on Three when abroad, when it starts off about Lycamobile, any more than me having mentioned the weather above...
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 999GB is not commercial use?

Nice.
  • AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Is CNET actually that bad? never used myself but a lot of my friends often use it for reviews.

It's got worse.

For instance, they said Tesco Mobile uses EE in one article, then in another they said it was O2 (correct this time). They have a lot of silly mistakes in their articles that make me mistrust them as a news source.

They're not nearly as bad as The Fail though...