Odd camera work on MOTD

alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
Forum Member
Anyone else think the camera work on Match of The Day was a bit strange?

Over the shoulder gonzo style when interviewing the managers - the interviewer neither fully in or out of shot. Then when the pundits were on - too tight on the close ups and then on the wides the camera didn't seem steady at all, it was weaving and bobbing like they let the work experience lad have a go.

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow are they cooking now on MOTD - a sort of Saturday Kitchen meets MOTD ;-)

Camera woks I suppose it makes it easier to see the food being cooked.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Wow are they cooking now on MOTD - a sort of Saturday Kitchen meets MOTD ;-)

Camera woks I suppose it makes it easier to see the food being cooked.

I changed the typo and now everyone will think you have gone crazy. :D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    I changed the typo and now everyone will think you have gone crazy. :D

Lol they already do:D
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MOTD is coming up to its 50th anniversary later this month.Early games were covered on four cameras with the slowmos put in later because the BBC only had one slowmo machine and it was used on racing during the afternoon.
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are obsessed with shaky cameras, close-ups and stupid angles. All we want to do is switch on, watch the football and hear a little bit of comment. No need for clever camerawork.
  • singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    MOTD is coming up to its 50th anniversary later this month.Early games were covered on four cameras with the slowmos put in later because the BBC only had one slowmo machine and it was used on racing during the afternoon.

I thought BT were the main host broadcaster?
  • alexj2002alexj2002 Posts: 3,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    Anyone else think the camera work on Match of The Day was a bit strange?

Over the shoulder gonzo style when interviewing the managers - the interviewer neither fully in or out of shot. Then when the pundits were on - too tight on the close ups and then on the wides the camera didn't seem steady at all, it was weaving and bobbing like they let the work experience lad have a go.

They bizarrely decided to use just the one camera for the pundits, so rather than straight cuts between a wide shot and then a close up on the pundit speaking (with the cameras re-positioning while not active), the camera did the moving and zooming 'in vision'. Goodness knows why they think it looks good - if gives the result you'd expect from some amateur production where they're equipped with a single handycam. Just hold the bloody thing still!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    alexj2002 wrote: »
    They bizarrely decided to use just the one camera for the pundits, so rather than straight cuts between a wide shot and then a close up on the pundit speaking (with the cameras re-positioning while not active), the camera did the moving and zooming 'in vision'. Goodness knows why they think it looks good - if gives the result you'd expect from some amateur production where they're equipped with a single handycam. Just hold the bloody thing still!
    They did the same on the highlights show and it did look really weird. I wondered why they were doing it like that.
  • singhss1singhss1 Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    They did the same on the highlights show and it did look really weird. I wondered why they were doing it like that.

We are talking about the highlights show as BT showed it live.