Options

Odyssey - starts on BBC Two, Sunday the 28th June at 9.15pm

Comments

• Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    It is definitely growing on me, especially as I am now beginning to understand the plot properly.

But what is Henri Leclaire doing wandering around the desert?.....he should be back at Selfridges!

Oh that's who he is, thanks; if I'd seen his name - Gregory Fitoussi - I would've remembered. I don't watch Selfridges but I did watch Spiral (French police and legal drama BBC4) and he got killed off in the last series. I knew he was in Selfridges though.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still quite enjoying it. I love the desert scenes but the New York scenes are somewhat repetitive and dull.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The middle class activist is annoyingly unassuming.

I didn't expect to see the transvestite uncle again either.

I'm still interested in the general plot i.e. exactly who and why is funding the terrorists but it feels like I've watched a lot of padding already, yet there's still 9 episodes to go. I'm beginning to see why it wasn't well-received in the USA.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    charmarr wrote: »
    And the first person she calls is the baddie.
    Not her husband.Not her daughter.
    As IF.

Soldier out in the field calls the Army to be rescued and you think that is some sort of illogical leap.
    The world including the Army thinks she's dead, she's got Mercenary's on her case, Ansar Dine(sp) on her case.
    The first person she calls is the person who she trusts, her commanding officer and someone high enough up the pecking order to authorise risking lives sending people to look for her.
    Her Daughter's toddling off the the City on her own, Africa in a helicopter armed to the teeth to rescue Mummy shouldn't be beyond her...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It got on my chuffin' nerves tonight. How many more times is she going to be nearly killed?!!! Why did she get out of the jeep with that angry crowd milling round; I know she was following Colonel Glen's orders but no way would she feel it was safe to get out of the jeep at that time. She realised Col Glenn wasn't her ally when she saw footage of her funeral on TV. I thought the funeral took place before she phoned him to say she was alive? I know we need to suspend disbelief watching things like this but this is getting more ridiculous. It's also 6 episodes too long as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It got on my chuffin' nerves tonight. How many more times is she going to be nearly killed?!!! <snip>

I'll take an educated guess, every bleedin week is how often she's nearly going to be killed.
    I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, catch the recording later.
    I'll take another guess, I'll enjoy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll take an educated guess, every bleedin week is how often she's nearly going to be killed.
    I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, catch the recording later.
    I'll take another guess, I'll enjoy it.

It's highly entertaining if you aren't concerned about picking holes in it all the time. A thoroughly enjoyable Sunday night offering when there isn't much else on. Although the gunman shooting at her when she jumped out of the window had terrible aim :D. I don't really understand what is going on with Peter Decker and Joe Abrams though so if someone could explain that would be helpful :).
  • Options
    Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really enjoying this bar the one or two failings such as the shoot outs etc which are hopeless they are supposedly the best mercenary groups yet they cannot hit her from a 2 story bedroom window while laying flat out in a skip !!!!!

other than silly things like that we really enjoy it at a time when there is very little else on TV on a Sunday night
  • Options
    ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    It's highly entertaining if you aren't concerned about picking holes in it all the time. A thoroughly enjoyable Sunday night offering when there isn't much else on. Although the gunman shooting at her when she jumped out of the window had terrible aim :D. I don't really understand what is going on with Peter Decker and Joe Abrams though so if someone could explain that would be helpful :).

My thoughts exactly. I am enjoying it and I just ignore the less than realistic bits. It is the only programme that is gripping me at the moment. although I am still a bit confused with some of the plotline....
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hardly a quality drama. Why didn't she just phone her husband and save us six episodes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's hardly a quality drama. Why didn't she just phone her husband and save us six episodes?

Very true...but then there would be nothing to watch!..:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by jlp95bwfc
    It's highly entertaining if you aren't concerned about picking holes in it all the time. A thoroughly enjoyable Sunday night offering when there isn't much else on. Although the gunman shooting at her when she jumped out of the window had terrible aim . I don't really understand what is going on with Peter Decker and Joe Abrams though so if someone could explain that would be helpful .
    My thoughts exactly. I am enjoying it and I just ignore the less than realistic bits. It is the only programme that is gripping me at the moment. although I am still a bit confused with some of the plotline....

I'm trying not to but sometimes they are so glaring. I just find it so hard not to let it wind me up when she's almost killed every week and as jlp95bwfc said when the gunmen couldn't hit her (I was watching a police drams recently where so many rounds of shots were fired and nobody got hit. I was thinking they must never go to target practice). And I do think it could have done with a bit of trimming. I'm slightly confused too. But mostly I'm enjoying it. I'm sticking with it for now at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by jlp95bwfc
    It's highly entertaining if you aren't concerned about picking holes in it all the time. A thoroughly enjoyable Sunday night offering when there isn't much else on. Although the gunman shooting at her when she jumped out of the window had terrible aim . I don't really understand what is going on with Peter Decker and Joe Abrams though so if someone could explain that would be helpful .

I'm trying not to but sometimes they are so glaring. I just find it so hard not to let it wind me up when she's almost killed every week and as jlp95bwfc said when the gunmen couldn't hit her (I was watching a police drams recently where so many rounds of shots were fired and nobody got hit. I was thinking they must never go to target practice). And I do think it could have done with a bit of trimming. I'm slightly confused too. But mostly I'm enjoying it. I'm sticking with it for now at least.

I also noticed that she managed to remove the steel rod or whatever it was that was embedded into her leg, without much trouble!
    Having said that, I am going to keep watching and enjoying, even if it is bit far fetched! :):)
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is definitely growing on me, especially as I am now beginning to understand the plot properly.

But what is Henri Leclaire doing wandering around the desert?.....he should be back at Selfridges!

Always good to see gorgeous Gregory. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well thank God Odelle has finally realised that Glen is a wrongun, I was getting very frustrated.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It got on my chuffin' nerves tonight. How many more times is she going to be nearly killed?!!! ...
    it is a bit POP (Perils of Pauline), isn't it? But "Perils of Odelle" works as well as an acronym!

:D

K
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    It got on my chuffin' nerves tonight. How many more times is she going to be nearly killed?!!! Why did she get out of the jeep with that angry crowd milling round; I know she was following Colonel Glen's orders but no way would she feel it was safe to get out of the jeep at that time. She realised Col Glenn wasn't her ally when she saw footage of her funeral on TV. I thought the funeral took place before she phoned him to say she was alive? I know we need to suspend disbelief watching things like this but this is getting more ridiculous. It's also 6 episodes too long as far as I'm concerned.
    More so - phoning home.:)

But still...if you can't trust the Colonel now - who can you trust.
    It's all still edge of the seat stuff, and great fun - but nothing to shout about really.

Oh yeah - Ruby scares me and Decker's lot, are getting on my nerves - big time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    it is a bit POP (Perils of Pauline), isn't it? But "Perils of Odelle" works as well as an acronym!

:D

K

:D:D:D
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member

It's getting a bit tedious now- how many episodes left? Surely family would have been the first call- and why only make one call, she's not in prison!! Maybe next week 😀
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yera wrote: »
    It's getting a bit tedious now- how many episodes left? Surely family would have been the first call- and why only make one call, she's not in prison!! Maybe next week 😀

See post 80, applies to this too.
    I can only think you're asleep through most of this or just joining taking the pee to be part of the clever and cool 'gang'
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shukhran makbad al jazeera asalaam waleeekum. Dana International Allahu Akbar merhaba waalekum. #jihad
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    More so - phoning home.:)

But still...if you can't trust the Colonel now - who can you trust.
    It's all still edge of the seat stuff, and great fun - but nothing to shout about really.

Oh yeah - Ruby scares me and Decker's lot, are getting on my nerves - big time.

Isn't Ruby a bad guy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think tonight's was my favourite episode so far. I feel like I shouldn't be enjoying this as much as I am :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually in American TV programmes kids look older than what they are, due to teenagers being played by actors/actresses in their 20s, but I was shocked to find out that Decker's daughter is 17 & her boyfriend 21 - I thought they were both about 15, hence I was shocked at the bedroom scene featuring them.:o
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone still watching that can explain how Harrison got away from being arrested by Homeland Security - was a scene cut? (or, more likely, did i fall asleep!)

:confused:

K