Guillermo Del-Toro's The Strain coming to Watch

Comments

• MaccaMacca Posts: 18,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maah01 wrote: »
    This Ebola thing is really scary!

This is a documentary on the Ebola crisis, right?

Erm, no.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last episode was pretty good. I loved the horror warnings every time the ads finished! :D To be fair it was grim, gruesome and gory.

The autopsy scene wasn't very pleasant. When they pulled that stinger out of the body that was pretty yuck! Felt sorry for Jim but didn't expect Goodweather to smack him in the face.

Then you had Ansell turning into a vampire, killing his dog and locking himself up in the shed only for his wife to push the next door neighbour in there to give Ansell something to feed on! :D

At the end you had the little French girl attacking Goodweather and Nora and Setrakian chopping off the heads! All in a day's work eh? :D

I did like the 'they're hunting us' line.

Still trying to work out where the Latino thug storyline is going.

Roll on tonight!
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's starting to get frustrating now. All this shit happening and the authorities are still not listening.

Hopefully the pest control guy can convince *someone* to do something about the swarms of undead in the sewers!
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is very weird, what sort of place is this where no one seems to batter an eyelid when showed a video of what people are turning into monsters and he thinks, this guy is my main priority and getting him in custody should be the most important thing for me to do next. Completely brushing aside people are turning in these things. He must be in on it I guess.

But another thing, Goodweather knew the survivors would be turning on to their families, yet sat down chatting in the next scene without bothering to help them. Naughty Goodweather, he needs to pull his finger out and get on to slaying this evil.

But surely someone like maybe the president might want to know.
  • Randall_BrownRandall_Brown Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    so, to be clear, is it not about Ebola?
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, it's about vampires.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You are a prize IDIOT! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked that we saw Eichorst in Setrakian's flashbacks. Looks like he's been around for decades. So does that mean he was the one feeding on the boys in the concetration camp?

I do think it's weird that no one is taking this seriously. You had a vampire in the people's home where Nora's mum lived and there was no police or anything!

Surely the ratcatcher guy should have called the police when he saw the undead in the sewers. Are the vampires in the sewers all the dead people from the plane who mysteriously vanished?

You have the video evidence on Goodweather's phone and no one's batting an eyelid. They're more concerned about locking him up.

The rockstar is killing people and the manager's more concerned about keeping it quiet.

You have Jack Bauer's wife who's slowly turning and you know she's on the verge of killing her kids.

Only one doing anything about it is Setrakian!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked tonight's episode but seemed like a filler episode to me and pretty much a continuation from last week with more people becoming infected, Setrakian hunting the people on his list, Goodweather trying to convince people of the virus, the police doing absolutely nothing, Nora keeping her mum safe and the ratcatcher finding more infected people.

Except this time you had Jim and Gus doing more of Eichorst's dirty work and Goodweather's family in the mix.

With regards to Goodweather - when the FBI agent slapped his face, can the FBI really arrest someone and for there not to be a lawyer present in the interview room??

They REALLY need to step it up a gear next week. Don't want to keep on watching the same thing with no one doing anything to stop the strain.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Am loving this series, has me on the edge of my seat but I agree this weeks episode was a bit filler
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it has it faults with being a little unrealistic in the way people are reacting to the major event happening around them but I always look forward to it still.

I find it weird no one on here seems to be interesting in it though, I thought it would get more commenting.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    junipaire wrote: »
    Yeah it has it faults with being a little unrealistic in the way people are reacting to the major event happening around them but I always look forward to it still.

I find it weird no one on here seems to be interesting in it though, I thought it would get more commenting.

I am an episode behind I think, got soo much on my sky box right now to watch through, and the Strain is at the back of the list at the moment.

I am enjoying it in parts though. I like the design of the monsters, the worms (ugh) and general creepyness. I am struggling a bit with the two leads though, so far I find them both pretty unengaging. I am more interested in Abraham and Kevin Durand's storylines, I hope they get more screen time tbh.

I think it has potential and sticking with it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure i've seen Kevin Durand in various action movies and in some random tv shows where he tends to play a baddie but i really like him in this.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    junipaire wrote: »

It got a fair bit of interest at US Pace. I suspect it maybe the fact that it's tucked away on watch that means it's not reaching a wider audience
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I'm sure i've seen Kevin Durand in various action movies and in some random tv shows where he tends to play a baddie but i really like him in this.

Most know him from playing a baddie in Lost for a while. He was also a main character in Dark Angel - Joshua.
    He pops up in a lot of sci/fi genre shows as character pieces, e.g. SG-1 where he played a Go'auld.
    Its nice to see him have a more than a one episode role for a change. :)
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    It got a fair bit of interest at US Pace. I suspect it maybe the fact that it's tucked away on watch that means it's not reaching a wider audience

Probably right. It's an interesting enough show that it should generate a fair bit of discussion but I think a lot of people are probably watching at torrent pace.

I'm still enjoying it, frustrating as it is. I suppose Eph is going to be accused of killing the FBI agents in the car now and no-one will believe that there's a crazed vampire running around despite tons of witnesses in the traffic jam.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Most know him from playing a baddie in Lost for a while. He was also a main character in Dark Angel - Joshua. Its nice to see him have a more than a one episode role for a change. :)

I watched all of Lost. Who did he play in that? I can't remember.
    Forum Member
    I watched all of Lost. Who did he play in that? I can't remember.

Martin Keamy, he was the head mercenary, he was in 11 episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    Martin Keamy, he was the head mercenary, he was in 11 episodes.

Oh that's right! I remember now. He was a bit of a bad-ass!
    Forum Member
    Oh that's right! I remember now. He was a bit of a bad-ass!

He really was, but he is very good at playing those kind of roles, helps to be very tall though.

Ok enough of my fangirling over Mr Durand back to the Strain :blush:
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, I think the vampire with the gun at the end is The Master.

So is German vampire stepping outside the box and spreading the strain too thinly for The Master? Hence shooting the infected even the daughter who had only been grazed shortly before.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    So, I think the vampire with the gun at the end is The Master.

So is German vampire stepping outside the box and spreading the strain too thinly for The Master? Hence shooting the infected even the daughter who had only been grazed shortly before.

It reminded me more of Blade 2, where a group of vampires have been despatched to join forces & stop the threat, all it needs now is Blade. The daughter would have been infected, why would The Master kill them, it wouldn't fit in with it's plan.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    It reminded me more of Blade 2, where a group of vampires have been despatched to join forces & stop the threat, all it needs now is Blade.

That would be Blade 2: Directed by Guillermo del Toro ;-)
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    That would be Blade 2: Directed by Guillermo del Toro ;-)

Exactly and it feels just the same, but instead of the movie we are getting the televised series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent episode last night.

Any episode which features Eichorst elevates the show and it was a cracker last night! Loved all the scenes from the flashback featuring him and Setrakian and then when he appeared at the train station to speak to Jim. Felt sorry for Jim when his wife left him.

Eichorst isn't The Master. The Master is the big bad vampire that was in the coffin that came from Berlin to USA. Eichorst is his right hand man so to speak, he does the Master's bidding. I imagine he was 'turned' during his time at the concentration camp. I'm sure we'll see more of that in the flashbacks. The Master is the one in charge but everything goes through Eichorst. The 'strain' has been caused by all of the dead from the plane and the 4 that survived.

I did go WTF at the end when we saw what looked a group of good vampires who were killing all the bad vampires. Not too sure what's going on there but can't wait to find out more next week!