Options

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2 (US-Pace)

Comments

• Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does Ward know *anything* about Skye's father?
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    How does Ward know *anything* about Skye's father?

Well we don't know exactly, but raina worked for the clairvoyant aka hydra so am sure it will all piece together
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Raina told him when both of them were working for Garrett. Remember, she teased him that he and Skye could be "monsters together" ?
  • Options
    marsch_labbmarsch_labb Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A longshot about Skye and her parents:
    if i remember correctly, it was stated that she was a baby and that she was covered in blood when they found her. It wasn't clear if it was because of the massacre or because she had just been born and covered in blood like every baby. It seems the agents concluded it was because of the massacre. But if it was because she had just been born and the blood on her was the normal color, it would indicate that her mother most likely was human or at least was from a species with red blood.
    Just speculating a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    A ship frozen in Morocco.....

An iceberg in the middle east......

Casablanca is 2500 miles from the middle east. That really pulled me out of the episode.

Other than that, this is unrecognisable from Season 1. In a good way.

Great stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the last episode, i think we can expect something big in the near futur.

Either May does what Coulson asked her to do or...

On another aspect, i'm starting to enjoy the love-hate relation between Coulson and Talbot.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Either May does what Coulson asked her to do or...
    Coulson will be around for a while yet, of that I have no doubt. Isn't he suppose to turn up in Avengers 3? Swear I read that somewhere.

His change though, there's probably a cure or something for it (this is the Marvel universe). One would think though that they'd call on Thor, ask him what he knows of the Kree (as it has been determined it was the body of a dead Kree that saved Coulson). I'm sure the Asgardians, with all their knowledge and wisdom might know a thing or two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coulson will be around for a while yet, of that I have no doubt. Isn't he suppose to turn up in Avengers 3? Swear I read that somewhere.

His change though, there's probably a cure or something for it (this is the Marvel universe). One would think though that they'd call on Thor, ask him what he knows of the Kree (as it has been determined it was the body of a dead Kree that saved Coulson). I'm sure the Asgardians, with all their knowledge and wisdom might know a thing or two.

Of course he'll be around for a while. If only to finish the 2nd season (they can't kill him; the whole series was constructed around the success of his character).

Hence my use of the three dots...
    They can't drag this 'do it May-no i won't do it' for too long. It would loss all tension. So it means something big is gonna happen soon, i think.
    And you're right, why not ask Thor. If they can't reach him, just have a line stating the problem.

The only way they can stretch this, is by finding there is a cure but it's out of their reach. Then tell the team about Coulson's condition (with a few episodes dealing with the team's ajusting to that). And finally, the search for the cure would become the (or one of the) main goal for the rest of the 2nd season.

I enjoy being right but i hope it's not as predictable.

Anyway, i'm enjoying it so far :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And you're right, why not ask Thor. If they can't reach him, just have a line stating the problem.
    They should be able to reach him. This season is after Thor 2, and Thor currently is residing on Earth with Jane. ;-)

This would further explain why he's ready to rumble in Avengers 2; he's already here.
    The only way they can stretch this, is by finding there is a cure but it's out of their reach. Then tell the team about Coulson's condition (with a few episodes dealing with the team's ajusting to that). And finally, the search for the cure would become the (or one of the) main goal for the rest of the 2nd season.
    I'm expecting a meltdown (of sorts) from Coulson at the end of this series, and then series three will be trying to help him and restore his humanity/sanity. I suppose they could fit that into the 2nd half of this season easily though, depends how many filler episodes they're going to throw our way, and what they might have planned to link everything else up.
  • Options
    APInnAPInn Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    2FS wrote: »
    So Fitz has substantial brain damage, skewing his memory and perception of reality. So they let him play with hi-tech goodies on the slim chance he can create an invisibility cloak!

I appreciate they're monitoring him, but you could see things going very wrong.

In regards to the terrible aim on the soldier, that's just comics. If the Soldier/Cop/Guard is against the hero, they're almost guaranteed to have the shooting skill of a Stormtrooper ;)

Clint Eastwood in Where Eagles Dare also springs to mind, Him and Richard Burton kill hundreds of Germans, they hit them everytime, the best the Germans can do is that Richard gets a scratch on his hand ! Very Boys Own.! - Or even the A-team come to that.:)
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished episode 3. Ward is stealing the show for me. Liking this darker Ward so much better than the dull, straight-laced hero he was for much of last season. Looking forward to seeing him get out of his cell and in the field. His acting has significantly improved as well. Just goes to prove it's all in the script a lot of the time.
  • Options
    caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Just finished episode 3. Ward is stealing the show for me. Liking this darker Ward so much better than the dull, straight-laced hero he was for much of last season. Looking forward to seeing him get out of his cell and in the field. His acting has significantly improved as well. Just goes to prove it's all in the script a lot of the time.

i don't think it's just ward that's improved, I think most of the cast and the new guys have improved the show a hell of a lot! , this season definitely feels like what it should be "Agents of Sheild" , and the best one of them all is Agent May!! - annoys the hell outta me that Ming-na wen wasn't used more in Stargate Universe because she's brilliant.
  • Options
    beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Credit to the writers. I think the series has really started to grow and improve lately. I love the Fitz storyline.
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beatrice39 wrote: »
    Credit to the writers. I think the series has really started to grow and improve lately. I love the Fitz storyline.

Credit to everyone involved in the show; the first series was enjoyable - but this second series is like a different show. One of my few "must watch" shows of the moment.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caz06 wrote: »
    i don't think it's just ward that's improved, I think most of the cast and the new guys have improved the show a hell of a lot! , this season definitely feels like what it should be "Agents of Sheild" , and the best one of them all is Agent May!! - annoys the hell outta me that Ming-na wen wasn't used more in Stargate Universe because she's brilliant.

Agreed. It's always good to see when writers take on criticism and change the show for the better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Best episode of the short season yet. Loved the fact that Bobbie is the ex wife that Lance kept on complaining and moaning about! :p

Skye's Dad is sure picking up with story content too, and the Diviner - anyone recognize that reference? May tie up to who/what Skye's father (and Skye herself) actually is.

Edit: I don't know if it was heals or not either, but damn, Adrianne Palicki is tall.
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Edit: I don't know if it was heals or not either, but damn, Adrianne Palicki is tall.

That's what I was thinking too. I just checked her IMDb page and it says she's 5' 11"
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good episode, lots of twists and turns.

Corwin wrote: »
    Nah they'll meet up before the mid season break.

Skye's Dad is sure picking up with story content too,

As I said originally, pretty sure Skye and her Father will be meeting soonish :)

Ah that's who Bobbie was, I'd forgotten she was going to be in the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Ah that's who Bobbie was, I'd forgotten she was going to be in the show.
    Is she actually on our side? I'm curious.

1) She seemed to have worked her way quite high into Hydra rather quickly, all things considered.

2) When allowing Simmons to escape, she went up against Hydra 2nd, and two guards with her sticks. We next saw her run out of the building firing her gun. One would have assumed (at that point) that she beat the two soldiers and that guy up (with her sticks).

Jump to the end of the episode, when Skye's dad shows up in Hyrda, that 2nd Hydra guy has no bruising, and no indication that he's been beaten. Coincidence?
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1) She seemed to have worked her way quite high into Hydra rather quickly, all things considered.

2) When allowing Simmons to escape, she went up against Hydra 2nd, and two guards with her sticks. We next saw her run out of the building firing her gun. One would have assumed (at that point) that she beat the two soldiers and that guy up (with her sticks).

Jump to the end of the episode, when Skye's dad shows up in Hyrda, that 2nd Hydra guy has no bruising, and no indication that he's been beaten. Coincidence?

Not necessarily. The two guards would've likely attacked. Once she was done with them, he wasn't going to fight her. So she let him be, before reinforcement came.

Her fast tracking is an issue, unless she was already affiliated with Hydra in someway.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I'd be surprised if she wasn't Hydra to be honest :D

If she is Hydra I'm guessing it's of the brain washed version rather than a natural convert which gives the Team a chance to rewash her Brain later.

1. Coulson sends her into Hydra
    2. She gets caught.
    3. She is brainwashed like we saw with the other agent.
    4. She reveals that Simmons is a Shield Spy
    5. Whitehall devises a plan to infiltrate Shield by having Bobbie Morse rescue Simmons.
    6. They have to improvise a bit due to Raina's interference.
    7. Bobbie sends Simmons on to the roof while she pretends to fight the 2nd in command.
    8. They escape, Hydra have an agent inside Shield.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point.

HYDRA already knew there was a mole before Raina's email went out. I assumed it was because Raina made an initial limited reveal, but what it it wasn't her?
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the snow has found its feet now. This series is everything I thought the first would be.

Loved Coulson calling Raina's bluff.

I really hope Bobbie isn't a hydra spy. They've already been there with Ward. Unless of course Coulson knows she's a spy (albeit brainwashed) and it's all part of his plan.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The chances are that she beat the two guards up and as she was some more came while the main guy stayed out of harms way. She would have taken a gun from one of the fallen guards for quick protection when escaping a vulnerable position.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About Bobbie's loyalty, aka Mockingbird.

From the show, i agree it's a bit muddy but Coulson's story still holds so far.

But from the comics, i doubt she's Hydra. In the 80s, she was married to Hawkeye and with him, she's a founding member of the West Coast Avenger.
    They do what they want but they can't do complete opposite too often. We'll see.

Another good one.
    The team is starting to be big now. How many are they now ? 9 members? plus at least one unnamed lab technician.
    The new Shield is growing.