Options

Missing episode discovery rumours

Comments

• Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    God knows (she may have meant every episode she was in, which would still be jaw dropping). It remains fantastically unlikely Feast of Steven exists. Possible all the others are in play.

I agree. The Feast Of Steven was never sold abroad and (correct me if I'm wrong) was never put on to film for overseas sales. It is the most unlikely episode to be found, unless it was saved from the burning by a videotape engineer or BBC employee. But there is still hope for the other missing episodes. If they have found them all, then there would be a lot of backstage negotiation with surviving actors and Equity. And that will take up a lot of time.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Anneke say, at a convention a couple of years back, that she has recently watched "Power"/
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anneke Goddess <333
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Anneke say, at a convention a couple of years back, that she has recently watched "Power"/

That's what was reported, but third or fourth hand. Possibly misheard, misreported or merely wishful thinking - so quite possibly Anneke said nothing of the sort. Is there any recording of her actually saying this?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »
    That's what was reported, but third or fourth hand. Possibly misheard, misreported or merely wishful thinking - so quite possibly Anneke said nothing of the sort. Is there any recording of her actually saying this?

There is no video of her comments about Power, people have insinuated that she was getting confused about the Power Reimagined fan remake (recently deleted off Youtube interestingly) or questioning her mental acuity but some of the the Tenth Planet 4 comments have been caught on video and she does nothing to correct the compares comments that Who has been found commenting that she would love to see Smugglers and Highlanders before she dies.
  • Options
    Mark HumphriesMark Humphries Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Tlotoxl wrote: »
    Some of the the Tenth Planet 4 comments have been caught on video

https://www.mediafire.com/?u9e2bmqa9b3cuau

Just to clarify, this video is not, IS NOT her saying 'it has been found, they've just not put it all together yet. They've found them all, Mark Gatiss told me 2 years ago, but they can't be released for silly commercial reasons'. This came during the live commentary for Tenth Planet episode 2 when the interviewer asked 'it's unfortunate the final episode is missing'. This WAS NOT recorded because it came out of nowhere and took a lot of us by surprise.

What is on this video is the audience Q&A where I asked her 'if it was not for those silly commercial reasons, what would you grab to watch, not just WHO, when they are returned. In the video she says 'Smugglers and Highlanders', 'wants them back before she goes' and acknowledges Philip Morris teases on twitter and calls him a 'Rotter' very tong in cheek.
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparantly the train numbers in "Flatline" have hidden meanings. One of them is a nod to another show whilst "2M65" is meant to mean 2 serials beginning with M from 1965 have been found.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Apparantly the train numbers in "Flatline" have hidden meanings. One of them is a nod to another show whilst "2M65" is meant to mean 2 serials beginning with M from 1965 have been found.

Where did this bit of conspiracy theorising come from?
    It's far more likely to be simply an in joke as the name of both the writer and director begin with M. Perhaps they were both born in 1965...
    The other train number A113 is an obvious in joke from the animators as it's a frequently used number in, I think, Pixar films.
  • Options
    Paul_JGPaul_JG Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Or more likely 2M65 is what the DMU already had as its headcode, as you can see in this youtube video which was filmed a month before the filming for Doctor Who took place http://youtu.be/D-G4K7cBhDo?t=4m37s
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »

There aren't two serials beginning with M from 1965 the only one is Mission to the Unknown unless they have found a new Doctor Who story beginning with M made in 1965 that no one knows about.
  • Options
    Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Where did this bit of conspiracy theorising come from?

The same place they all do...

Let's try some more hunting for hidden clues:

JAMIE MATHIESON - Just A Marco In Ethiopia, Massacre And Two Highlanders In Either Singapore Or Nigeria

It's such an implausible name, it just has to be a clue as to what's happening!

Oooh, and here's another - Moffat introduced Twelve, which is clearly a reference to The Daleks' Master Plan, the only twelve-part story ever, which has been located intact in Ireland!

And then there's Missy - her full name is clearly Missy Nepisodes!

That Moffat... what a tease, eh?
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desperate now aren't they? Jesus. Its pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    There aren't two serials beginning with M from 1965 the only one is Mission to the Unknown unless they have found a new Doctor Who story beginning with M made in 1965 that no one knows about.

You're forgetting Myth Makers, which is actually alongside Massacre and Fury from the Deep in my personal trio of stories I'd like to see back based on the audios.

But then Myth Makers has moved into a lot of people's lists since the audio came out, so probably no surprise that one keeps getting mentioned.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member

Yup !
  • Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're forgetting Myth Makers, which is actually alongside Massacre and Fury from the Deep in my personal trio of stories I'd like to see back based on the audios.

But then Myth Makers has moved into a lot of people's lists since the audio came out, so probably no surprise that one keeps getting mentioned.

No I haven't because it is The Myth Makers and that starts with a T.
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »

I believe it was Myth Makers and Masterplan which was mentioned. I also think the original post was tongue in cheek, and as others have mentioned it was the original DMU code.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marco/Massacre/Myth have long been rumoured, but I think the idea that they're referenced in the current series is a bit far-fetched.

What's a DMU code? :blush: I googled it and get lots of info about De Montfort University. :blush:

The same place they all do...

Let's try some more hunting for hidden clues:

JAMIE MATHIESON - Just A Marco In Ethiopia, Massacre And Two Highlanders In Either Singapore Or Nigeria

It's such an implausible name, it just has to be a clue as to what's happening!

Oooh, and here's another - Moffat introduced Twelve, which is clearly a reference to The Daleks' Master Plan, the only twelve-part story ever, which has been located intact in Ireland!

And then there's Missy - her full name is clearly Missy Nepisodes!

That Moffat... what a tease, eh?

A far more likely option. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marco/Massacre/Myth have long been rumoured, but I think the idea that they're referenced in the current series is a bit far-fetched.

What's a DMU code? :blush: I googled it and get lots of info about De Montfort University. :blush:

Just had a look myself and apparently it's a Diesel Multiple Unit.

From WIkipedia: A diesel multiple unit or DMU is a multiple-unit train powered by on-board diesel engines. A DMU requires no separate locomotive, as the engines are incorporated into one or more of the carriages.

So there we have it. From Doctor Who to trainspotting in one easy move - all the old cliches proven conclusively :)
  • Options
    Paul_JGPaul_JG Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I wonder what they make of the headcode at the other end of the DMU? You can see the headcode 2A57 on the tunnel wall after the DMU is rammed into the Boneless. :p ;-)
  • Options
    Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_JG wrote: »
    I wonder what they make of the headcode at the other end of the DMU? You can see the headcode 2A57 on the tunnel wall after the DMU is rammed into the Boneless. :p ;-)

57 is the age Patrick Troughton was once, after he left the role.
    His doctor was forced to regenerate.
    Using force to do what they want people to do is something the Daleks did once.
    The 2 clearly means 2 stories. 2 Dalek stories from the Troughton era!
    (The A is blindly obvious to any real fan, as being the A from Alpha - the designation of one of the early Dalek units. It's so obvious I don' really need to point it out.)

I mean really, the whole 2A57 is such a blatant giveaway that I'm surprised they didn't write "We found Power and Evil" as graffiti in the episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_JG wrote: »

Ah! Googled some of this, and found out its something to do with Flatline. Phew. I had no idea what anyone was talking about for about half a page there. Often the case, and always disconcerting. ;)

In other news, a couple of episodes of At Last The 1948 Show have turned up, in David Frost's attic. Just goes to show: if Frostie had stuff he didn't know he'd got, there's hope for all of us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! Googled some of this, and found out its something to do with Flatline. Phew. I had no idea what anyone was talking about for about half a page there. Often the case, and always disconcerting. ;)

In other news, a couple of episodes of At Last The 1948 Show have turned up, in David Frost's attic. Just goes to show: if Frostie had stuff he didn't know he'd got, there's hope for all of us.

Great news about the stuff in Frost's attic. Thanks for the link.

I know you've not been watching this current series of Who, Chuff, but if you get a chance I recommend catching up with Flatline, which struck me as quite an old fashioned type of story, with a clear 'classic' series feel about it. I reckon you'd like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Adams. Much appreciated.

All of the current stuff is sat there on the Skyplus (other than the first three which I watched and then deleted), and I might get round to it sooner or later. I'd spotted that Flatline has had very string reviews, so maybe I'll give it a go ... ?

You know what? Having given up on current DW, I don't feel sad or disappointed. I don't feel anything, actually.
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Thanks Adams. Much appreciated.

All of the current stuff is sat there on the Skyplus (other than the first three which I watched and then deleted), and I might get round to it sooner or later. I'd spotted that Flatline has had very string reviews, so maybe I'll give it a go ... ?

You know what? Having given up on current DW, I don't feel sad or disappointed. I don't feel anything, actually.

Flatline and Mummy on the Orient Express were brilliant entries from newcomer Jamie Mathieson, who just seems to "get" Who IMO. And Chuff, Mummy does (in the end) paint a more sympathetic view of Capaldi's Doctor, which for me was long overdue.
    "Sometimes the only choices we have are bad ones. But you still have to choose"

Hoping you enjoy them as much as I did.

Back on topic, I saw a clip from At Last The 1948 Show on BBC Breakfast this morning. Some genuinely funny stuff there :)
    I'd like to buy a house-trained Chartered Accountant.
    Go on boy, show him the tricks I taught you! Go on, refuse him an overdraft, go on!
    Grrrrrrrr!!!!

:D