Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    The ending was a bit brutal, wasn't expecting that...with the foot :o. I thought Bob had been bitten and was going to walk off into the night never to be seen again, or turn and go on a rampage in the Church.

Anyone think he was bitten and the twist will be they've eaten his leg and will somehow be infected and turn. Or am I reading too much into this :)

When did he get all lovey dovey with Sascha. I must have missed that, I just thought they flirted a bit.

Still, the best thing on TV at the moment :) and I love Daryl ;-)

I think the writers deliberately left the issue with his leg vague to give us all something to talk about. The clues suggest he might have been bitten, but maybe cooking his leg made it safe to eat? I don't know if you can kill off viruses with heat in the same way you can with bacteria. I guess we'll find out. :D

I agree about the ending! Now it's clear why the writers never had the characters expressly mention cannibalism or anything at Terminus. It made this reveal (of sorts) more dramatic.

Didn't the car that passed Daryl and Carol have a cross on the back window? I wonder if it's got anything to do with the reverend.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    wow another fab episode (just seen it) poor bob getting his leg cut off and eaten,( ewww that was a shocking ending) , glad they saved father gabriel but am not what sure what happened with him but im guessing he refused to let people into the church

i hope rick puts down gareth once and for all and soon
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    wow another fab episode (just seen it) poor bob getting his leg cut off and eaten,( ewww that was a shocking ending) , glad they saved father gabriel but am not what sure what happened with him but im guessing he refused to let people into the church

i hope rick puts down gareth once and for all and soon

Personally I think he would look better with a crossbow in his skull or maybe spit roasted alive and fed to Walkers.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    [/B]

Personally I think he would look better with a crossbow in his skull or maybe spit roasted alive and fed to Walkers.

Walkers wouldn't eat him if he was cooked.

It would be too quick a death to let them eat him alive.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    [/B]

sounds like a good idea

even better idea
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Plus the Vicar - "You'll burn for this" - :confused:

I think he possibly locked his flock out.
  • humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »
    So just watched the last scenes again and noticed that Gareth said to Bob: "We didn't want to hurt you before... We didn't want to pull you away from your group or scare you......I told you, I said it - you can't go back Bob... Yes you put us in this situation and it is a kind of cosmic justice that it had to be you but we would have done it to anybody"

It made me think. Was Bob originally one of the Termites? Did he leave them when they became cannibals? Why did Gareth specifically talk about 'pulling' him away from the Group?

I didn't think of this, nor the fact Bob probably knew who was watching their group. As the trees had been slashed. More than likely a sign for members of Terminus to identify one another. But if Bob had belonged to that group and knew they were nearby why didn't he warn Rick and the others?
    Gareth's team are good since Daryl was unable to find a trace of them. Although Daryl and Rick must be aware the tree markings signify something in relation to another group.

The Reverend has more than a few sins he's hiding. I suspect he harvested people for Terminus.
    Before the Terminus group became cannibals I believe they might have been looking for a better understanding into the nature of the walkers, like the Governor was.
    Except they might have been willing to turn people.
    Before I knew it was Lizzie who was feeding the walkers at the prison, I thought it was Bob doing it. He never appears to kill any of the walkers with any malice as though there were some affinity between them. If he had been studying them it would explain this odd behaviour.

Come to think of it the underlying theme of this episode was in the secrets everyone kept from one another. Rick is allowing the Reverend to keep his secret, while Tara shared hers with Maggie, and Carol and Tyreese have made a pact to keep theirs.
    I wonder if the power of these secrets are what threatens the group?

As we've brutally seen, Bob's secret has all but claimed his life.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ....never doubted it for a minute!

...what the hell was he doing wondering outside anyway??:confused: When he was by the tree and started crying - for a minute there, I thought he was gonna reveal a bite and that he knew he would be a 'walker' soon, but obviously not!

..actually, yep, I noticed that too - Tyreese should have killed him when he had the chance!

'Bob-Burger'...!!!! Love it!!!!:D

This intrigued me as well and like you and others I definitely considered he'd been bitten and was going to kill himself / wait to turn. Something ironic about it though was the speech Rick gave Carl earlier about never being safe and always being on your guard because Bob certainly let his guard down there.

Regarding the possible consequences of eating contaminated meat I'm bemused what with all the possibilities and permutations. However, for now I'll stick with, everyone carries the virus but this only plays out after death and though Bob was bitten he wasn't actually dead so I'm assuming there won't be any specific consequences. Plus I don't think we'll be satisfied with such an easy / straight forward death for the cannibals of Terminus :(

Bob being specifically sought by them is interesting but just about as difficult to call as eating a bitten individual :confused: There are so many possibilities.

ETA Something I've just remembered about the carvings is wasn't Morgan looking at a carving when we saw him at the end of the first episode :confused::o
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ending was a bit brutal, wasn't expecting that...with the foot :o. I thought Bob had been bitten and was going to walk off into the night never to be seen again, or turn and go on a rampage in the Church.

Anyone think he was bitten and the twist will be they've eaten his leg and will somehow be infected and turn. Or am I reading too much into this :)

When did he get all lovey dovey with Sascha. I must have missed that, I just thought they flirted a bit.

Still, the best thing on TV at the moment :) and I love Daryl ;-)

They are already infected everyone (as far as we know is ) when you die you come back as a walker hence any human that ricks group have killed (or any of ricks group that has died ) have had the brain destroyed to stop them turning
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Lips wrote: »
    So just watched the last scenes again and noticed that Gareth said to Bob: "We didn't want to hurt you before... We didn't want to pull you away from your group or scare you......I told you, I said it - you can't go back Bob... Yes you put us in this situation and it is a kind of cosmic justice that it had to be you but we would have done it to anybody"

It made me think. Was Bob originally one of the Termites? Did he leave them when they became cannibals? Why did Gareth specifically talk about 'pulling' him away from the Group?

I take from that that Bob was part of the Terminus group and deserted them when they became cannibals but for some reason didn't want Rick's group to know this . I'm not sure that eating his leg bitten or not should make any difference as they are all going to turn at death anyway , though it might happen quicker with infected meat .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ETA Something I've just remembered about the carvings is wasn't Morgan looking at a carving when we saw him at the end of the first episode :confused::o

The carvings are indeed intriguing. Morgan certianly saw the carvings at end of episode 1. I assumed that there was some kind of pact made between Morgan and Rick that Rick would always leave a mark, just like he did the daily Walkie talkie contact at the beginning, which has yet to been to been shown to us in a flashback or that we missed when they met in series 4.

But as I have mistakenly deleted episode 1, I can't check. However I am sure the two carvings shown in episode 1 and episode 2 were different.

Any confirmation would be much appreciated.
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member

Umm you do realise it wasn't a serious quote don't you.
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    'KeBob', 'Bob-Burger' and chips please!!!

I loved the way the dude said to him casually, "........you actually taste better than I expected"!

Bob steak anyone?
    :D
    Done on the Bob-b-que?

(this is courtesy of roamers + lurkers site)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm you do realise it wasn't a serious quote don't you.

Yes. .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    I dont see why they need too. Lizzie and Mika weren't main characters, theres a whole lot more who were at the prison who are now either dead or gone, no-one knew where those two went.

After the Governor attacked the prison, and everyone did a runner, people will probably not know who was with who as people lost contact them made up little groups -so Rick and everyone else might not have any clue that the two girls were with Tyreese and Carol.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    If Bob has been bitten and was on his way to turning and then the cannibals started eating the 'infected' meat - wouldn't this be a little like fighting fire with fire in that it could go some way towards finding a cure. Or ... it could lead to a new strain of the virus - making zombies that have the insatiable appetite to eat people - but with the added bonus of being able to plot and scheme - a sort of super-zombie!

Just a thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    The carvings are indeed intriguing. Morgan certianly saw the carvings at end of episode 1. I assumed that there was some kind of pact made between Morgan and Rick that Rick would always leave a mark, just like he did the daily Walkie talkie contact at the beginning, which has yet to been to been shown to us in a flashback or that we missed when they met in series 4.

But as I have mistakenly deleted episode 1, I can't check. However I am sure the two carvings shown in episode 1 and episode 2 were different.

Any confirmation would be much appreciated.

Just as a follow up. The carving that Morgan was following and the carving after Bob was hit are not the same. The first one was a circle with a cross in it.(just watched episode I on sky go) and the second was - well - a long horizontal line and a short vertical line?

More importantly. Watching episode 1 again, I see that the last bit, where Gareth and Co are in the trailer and one raped girl is thrown back in and replaced by another poor victim, that the perpetrator looked a lot like the guy who saw Rick hiding under the bed in series 4 and was one of the gang who Darryl joined.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »

More importantly. Watching episode 1 again, I see that the last bit, where Gareth and Co are in the trailer and one raped girl is thrown back in and replaced by another poor victim, that the perpetrator looked a lot like the guy who saw Rick hiding under the bed in series 4 and was one of the gang who Darryl joined.

That guy was the one Glen let out of the Container as the group escaped Terminus (confirmed on The Talking Dead I believe).

He could'n't have been the same guy that saw Rick as he would have been locked in the Container the whole time between the Termites retaking Terminus and Ricks group being captured.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    That guy was the one Glen let out of the Boxcar as the group escaped Terminus (confirmed on The Talking Dead I believe).

He could'n't have been the same guy that saw Rick as he would have been locked in the Boxcar the whole time between the Termites retaking Terminus and Ricks group being captured.

I don't think so. It doesn't make sense. The one let out of the boxcar had to have been there for a long time and how could he still be alive when we saw Rick & Co kill the whole group before they arrived at Terminus. Plus the leader of the 'bullies' was determined not to go to Terminus. Just makes sense to me.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy Glen lets out has the same tattoos on his face as the Guy who was holding the Termites prisoner.

He also is wearing the same shirt (though as lost the sleeveless jacket).

None of that group that Rick/Darryl met had tattoo's on their faces as far as I can recall.

Wiki Entry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    The guy Glen lets out has the same tattoos on his face as the Guy who was holding the Termites prisoner.

He also is wearing the same shirt (though as lost the sleeveless jacket).

None of that group that Rick/Darryl met had tattoo's on their faces as far as I can recall.

Wiki Entry

I accede to your superior knowledge, as mine was pure speculation.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Wow. Is there a less nerdy thread where everything isn't dissected to the nth degree? Bit confused about all the different threads tbh. Can someone point me in the direction of one that just likes to talk about the show without getting all weird and culty? Cheers
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    hendoll wrote: »
    Wow. Is there a less nerdy thread where everything isn't dissected to the nth degree? Bit confused about all the different threads tbh. Can someone point me in the direction of one that just likes to talk about the show without getting all weird and culty? Cheers

:D:D:D

As for Bob being one of the termites,as suggested above.If he was,surely Gareth would have mentioned it back at terminus,when Bob was about to be slaughtered.He would have no reason not to. in fact he would have reveled in telling rick/Daryl and Glenn as they knelt beside him.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no way Bob would have lead Sasha into danger without any discussion surely?:confused:

To me it doesn't work with Bob being a Termite unless he ran out on them when the Bullies turned up - way before they re-took and turned cannibal.

And even if he left them to the bullies, he'd warn Sasha that Terminus isn't what it seems.

Could the speech from Gareth tie in with what one of the women said to Carol - "You could have been one of us" - perhaps they had chosen Bob (and maybe Rick & Daryl) to join them if they didn't pee their pants at the 'slaughter'?
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know where some of you get the "Bob used to live at Terminus" thing from.

They didn't specifically target Bob, they were simply waiting for one of them to come out on their own. It just happened to be Bob. They're hunters, predators, who wait for one of the flock to stray from the herd on their own before striking.

And yeah, Bob clearly came out to suicide himself because he was infected.

As for whether it will affect the Termites; yes, everyone has the virus, but it's inactive until they die. BUT Bob has live active virus in his bloodstream. It'll give them all the "dying fever". When you consider how much virus (inactive) they have in their systems from eating human flesh...super walkers?

The thing that bugs me is they're being all intelligent and forming a plan to get the tinned food, but miss the most obvious thing everyone else in that situation would think of; what if some walkers have degenerated to the point they can no longer stand and are laying in the water?