Maybe this is why some viewers

2»

Comments

• RooksRooks Posts: 9,100
    Forum Member
    The show has put Clara front and centre of this series. So much so that someone new to the show might actually think she's the lead character. Nothing wrong with that but Clara strikes me as a little "love or hate her" companion (judging by the sentiment in this forum and elsewhere), evoking strong opinions in both directions. So I guess the enjoyment of this series would be heavily influenced by your like, or dislike of Clara.
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    The show has put Clara front and centre of this series. So much so that someone new to the show might actually think she's the lead character. Nothing wrong with that but Clara strikes me as a little "love or hate her" companion (judging by the sentiment in this forum and elsewhere), evoking strong opinions in both directions. So I guess the enjoyment of this series would be heavily influenced by your like, or dislike of Clara.

I've said thing before on some thread or another. It does seem those that love/like/don't mind Clara are the ones enjoying the series. But I think that's the way it's been for a while. For instance, I can't stand Donna, so my enjoyment of series four is inevitably hindered. If you don't like the companion Doctor Who is going to grate on you no matter how good the writing.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LightMeUp wrote: »
    I've said thing before on some thread or another. It does seem those that love/like/don't mind Clara are the ones enjoying the series. But I think that's the way it's been for a while. For instance, I can't stand Donna, so my enjoyment of series four is inevitably hindered. If you don't like the companion Doctor Who is going to grate on you no matter how good the writing.

I agree, Amy (and River) ruined Matt's tenure for me.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oi, spacegirl, are you dissing my beloved Donna? >:(

Seriously, fair point. Never had a companion who ever had that effect on me personally thankfully, and Adric was incumbent when I became a fan!
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm loving this series, except for Clara:) love the Doctor completely, wish he's find someone else to travel with.