Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 165)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    metal guru wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not gonna say I want it rubbed in his face a lot but Stug was thoroughly rubbed in ours and Brendan face for months so all I ask is for one scene where he see's them kissing or something.
    I'm actually hoping Stug don't have that many scenes because I want Ste involved with the Brendan , Brady's as much as possible anyone really. Unforunately this whole Stug thing has made me nervous they could go back there-I also want HO to get a spontanious annulment or divorce put through but I doubt it:(

Oh definitely not too much, that would mean more Doug and there isn't enough time for any of that. One scene will suffice then Doug can carry on with his business...

if only his business didn't literally involve Ste.

BH
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh definitely not too much, that would mean more Doug and there isn't enough time for any of that. One scene will suffice then Doug can carry on with his business...

if only his business didn't literally involve Ste.

BH

:D I personally cannot wait for a scene with Brendan and Doug!
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't have to work together BH, they can take alternate days to not open the shop. ;)
  • Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    What I also liked tonight and it really stood out to me, Ste's very much clued in on what Brendan's upto. He isn't made to look stupid or too trusting, he knows exactly what he's gotten into with Brendan. If you think about eff's anons last week (I think?) about how he's being manipulated etc, I just don't see it. He's very much his own man and aware of what's what.

It's also nice to see him being assertive. He doesn't sugar coat anything and that's Ste all over, not the guy they tried to make him be before :o

Hello btw :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    The Holiday is on. I love this film.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    khughes90 wrote: »

Lost a bit of love for you khughes now you've admitted this. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rimachowd wrote: »
    :D I personally cannot wait for a scene with Brendan and Doug!

I'm intrigued to see what will happen between them. Part of me wonders if Brendan knew Doug encouraged Ste to go to Dublin, would he thank him? :o Weird suggestion but part of me thinks he might. Then Doug would be all 'I didn't do it for you, bro!' :cool: and that would be the end of their interaction.
    ally08 wrote: »
    They don't have to work together BH, they can take alternate days to not open the shop. ;)

Haha See, in the real world maybe, but in Hollyoaks World I would be shocked if they were that considerate!

BH
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I agree 100% with what you've said, Ayla.

Ste knows Brendan is up to something and I'm sure he is just biding his time until he finds out what it is. The boy isn't stupid and Brendan knows that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There would have been a time that Brendan would have been mortified at Joel or anyone walking in on him and Ste in a clear state of almost shag...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    khughes90 wrote: »

It's pure cheese. But I must admit I find Jude Law in the glasses delicious! I love a bit of posh geeky totty;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ayla_89 wrote: »
    What I also liked tonight and it really stood out to me, Ste's very much clued in on what Brendan's upto. He isn't made to look stupid or too trusting, he knows exactly what he's gotten into with Brendan. If you think about eff's anons last week (I think?) about how he's being manipulated etc, I just don't see it. He's very much his own man and aware of what's what.

It's also nice to see him being assertive. He doesn't sugar coat anything and that's Ste all over, not the guy they tried to make him be before :o

Totally agree. I also love that even though he knew Brendan was lying he wasn't harsh or bitchy to get the truth out of him.
    And I love that Brendan didn't technically lie to him :o
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Lost a bit of love for you khughes now you've admitted this. ;)

It's just so cheesy and stereotypical England and Hollywood and Jude Law is a fine piece of ass in it :o:cool:
  • metal gurumetal guru Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    Aww I loved that too Ayla :) as a viewer I'm so happy right now because this is finally the real Ste we're saying and it's nice he's back. I was thinking that as well Ste knows Brendan that's why he questioned straightaway, he loves Brendan but he isn't the cheeriest person all the time ;) so I think his whole mood got him intigued and then the phonecall from Cheryl kinda confirmed it. He's not being manipulated he knows what Brendan's like and wasn't scared to basically ask if Pa's disappearance was down to him-he's fully in the know and like some of you guys said earlier Brendan didn't really lie to Ste. The Stendan relationship is shown to be quite strong in that respect that in that ep they both know each other so well.

For instance Brendan knew Ste would take his clothes off if he asked him to;)I did love how Ste looked annoyed Joel had interrupted as well:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ayla_89 wrote: »

Oh I agree, as far as I'm concerned the Ste in the Stug relationship is just completely different from Ste in Stendan. Doug always seemed quite sensitive and insecure and Ste always seemed like someone who was pretty much straight to the point and not fussed about trying to placate peoples feelings. That's part of the reason I think Stendan work so much better (as well as their amazing chemistry) because Ste doesn't mince words and neither does Brendan, and they can both handle it.

BH
    Forum Member
    laura_lou wrote: »
    There would have been a time that Brendan would have been mortified at Joel or anyone walking in on him and Ste in a clear state of almost shag...

I know. To outright admit Joel interrupted what would have been a shag just shows how far Brendan has come in the last few years.

Eta. Don't think I've used the word shag in years. Not sure where that came from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laura_lou wrote: »

I was thinking during those scenes that it must be so strange for Ste. Last time he was with Brendan he was running out of the house after Eileen, trying to convince her that Ste was no one to him. Now he's telling him to take his clothes off in the middle of the club and doesn't even mind if Joel sees it....well, sort of minds, but only because he was interrupted :D

BH
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah forgot to add since it's been dicussed , Ste totally saw right through Brendan ;) that's why we saw the looks. When Joel was like about business the camera went to his face - it an't over detective Ste will find out and then there's gonna be trouble.

When Ste was like 'swear to me you didn't have anything to do with it' I'm so glad Brendan didn't flat out lie but went past it with 'I was with Cheryl all night, you know that'which is the truth.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really dislike Jude Law films, I did used to say I hate Jude Law but I've had people telling me he is a lovely, nanny shagging, bloke.

He destroyed the Talented Mr Ripley, along with Gwyneth I admit and then he trashed Alfie and basically I just can't be doing with him. ;)

Sorry for the OT anti Jude rant. :D
    Forum Member
    I really dislike Jude Law films, I did used to say I hate Jude Law but I've had people telling me he is a lovely, nanny shagging, bloke.

He destroyed the Talented Mr Ripley, along with Gwyneth I admit and then he trashed Alfie and basically I just can't be doing with him. ;)

Sorry for the OT anti Jude rant. :D

Genuinely think I've only ever seen him in The Holiday and Sherlock Holmes and I think he suits the characters.

Oh and he's fit. That's the main reason. Fit. English. Bit posh. Love them three things ha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I agree, as far as I'm concerned the Ste in the Stug relationship is just completely different from Ste in Stendan. Doug always seemed quite sensitive and insecure and Ste always seemed like someone who was pretty much straight to the point and not fussed about trying to placate peoples feelings. That's part of the reason I think Stendan work so much better (as well as their amazing chemistry) because Ste doesn't mince words and neither does Brendan, and they can both handle it.

BH

God, yeah. Ste doesn't have to walk on eggshells around Brendan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I rushed home from work and skimmed the last few pages to see what happened, now Im smiling like an idiot about to watch the episode finally.
    Forum Member
    I was thinking during those scenes that it must be so strange for Ste. Last time he was with Brendan he was running out of the house after Eileen, trying to convince her that Ste was no one to him. Now he's telling him to take his clothes off in the middle of the club and doesn't even mind if Joel sees it....well, sort of minds, but only because he was interrupted :D

BH

I thought that as well!:Din the past he would of been telling Ste to put his clothes on to convince people it wasn't what it looks like. Now it's yeah it is what it looks like and your interrupting go away:D

Ste doesn't have to walk on eggshells around Brendan because he knows he's not gonna burst into tears at any minute;) I actually think he enjoys the challenge of Brendan like finding out what he's thinking and up to.:D
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    We're sort of seeing the gangster's moll/Sopranos kind of thing that we've talked about for years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you say posh khughes, isn't his real name something prosaic like Dave. ;)

Just googled and apparently he is from Lewisham.

I'm posher. :D
    Forum Member
    Well you say posh khughes, isn't his real name something prosaic like Dave. ;)

Just googled and apparently he is from Lewisham.

I'm posher. :D

So am I ha. But he is well spoken enough to disguise that :cool:
This discussion has been closed.