Celebrities who are vile in real life?

Comments

• LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I was working in Manchester and I was going to work one day and there was club/pub where a lot of the Manchester United players used so there was always kids outside waiting for autographs. This day Lou Macari got out of a taxi and walked into the club there was one little lad stood there and asked for his autograph and Macari told him to f**k off...I can still see that little lads face when he said that to him.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Nigel Havers. Utterly ghastly, snobbish creep.

Yep, was once sitting in a TV studio green room where he was and he came across as a bit of a t*sser.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pilg wrote: »

On the other hand Zippy was a complete gentleman, generally chatty with everyone and happy to sign autographs.

I believe he gave elocution lessons to John Major...
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LeighAnn from Little Mix. The rest are a joy.

What did she do wrong?
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise Welch. I have had 2 separate encounters with her. In the first one, I was working for the same company as my friend in the Anthony Cotton example above. I took a phone call from her and the first thing she said was her name. (presumably so I'd do more for her.) When I treated her in exactly the same way I'd treat anyone, in other words, no preferential treatment, she was really angry. Her exact words in a very angry tone were, "oh, thank you I guess."

The second time, I was in a shop up north in a town where she was in panto and we both walked round the same aisle from different directions and nearly bumped into each other. My immediate reaction was, "Oh, I'm sorry." She immediately looked at me like I'd just crawled out from under a stone. No apology. I hadn't realised it was her for a few seconds. We didn't actually collide. It was no-one's fault. To look at me like that and not apologise when I had was horrible, I thought.

If I'd not had both encounters with her, I'd think maybe one was an off-day. But both? No, she's so rude and up herself. I actually really dislike her and can't watch her when she's on tv.

I remember a photograph of her sitting at a table where she tried to intricately show a V sign by having her hand up against her face towards the photographers themselves. She is the type of person that wants publicity when it suits her. I cannot bear her to be quite honest.
  • jobbie8jobbie8 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    Nigel Havers. Utterly ghastly, snobbish creep.

I've been to the Granada Studios 3 times when in Manchester, spent maybe an hour each time at the gates, just to see who we can see :D. Theres always fans hanging around, even a few that go almost everyday.

Every actor who went in and came out, stopped for photos, even knew the "super fans" by name or if they were in cars they waved. Haley drove in and then came back to the gates for a chat.
    Mr Havers ignored everyone, never spoke and just walked right past. One fan who goes to the studios often, said he has always been like that,
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While filming a movie about 8 years ago Charlotte Rampling stayed for about 3 weeks in a local hotel, and despite her demeanour as an aloof and snooty actress, and the parts she plays, in those whole 3 weeks she was extremely polite, courteous, classy and she tipped!. I had a Jean-Michel Jarre album that I was wondering if she could sign, but as he was her ex-husband by this time it didn't seem a good move!
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jobbie8 wrote: »
    I've been to the Granada Studios 3 times when in Manchester, spent maybe an hour each time at the gates, just to see who we can see :D. Theres always fans hanging around, even a few that go almost everyday.

Every actor who went in and came out, stopped for photos, even knew the "super fans" by name or if they were in cars they waved. Haley drove in and then came back to the gates for a chat.
    Mr Havers ignored everyone, never spoke and just walked right past. One fan who goes to the studios often, said he has always been like that,

Is the Corrie & Eastenders sets the only ones that have the fans waiting outside?

Never hear of fans hanging around YTV Leeds hoping to catch a glimpse of Cain Dingle!
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna Friel. I witnessed her being very rude and shouty to a staff member in Kendall's in Manchester. I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a while as I wasn't party to the start of the conversation, but I've heard a few similar stories from friends who have first hand experience of her being rude so it wasn't an isolated incident.

A friend of mine who works at the Haymarket Theatre said she was the biggest diva he's ever encountered in the space of his work.

How I meet your mother, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the original Beverley Hills 90210 fans will be happy to hear that Alyson Hannigan and Luke Perry were the nicest celebs he's meet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna Friel. I witnessed her being very rude and shouty to a staff member in Kendall's in Manchester. I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a while as I wasn't party to the start of the conversation, but I've heard a few similar stories from friends who have first hand experience of her being rude so it wasn't an isolated incident.
    katmobile wrote: »
    A friend of mine who works at the Haymarket Theatre said she was the biggest diva he's ever encountered in the space of his work.

She seems to be turning into the new Cilla Black, doesn't she, Anna Friel? I've been reading bad things about her left, right and centre!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to be turning into the new Cilla Black, doesn't she, Anna Friel? I've been reading bad things about her left, right and centre!

...and the bloody Daily Wail persists in photographing her every night coming out of the stage door in some weird creation.
    She always looks a bit stinky to me, just like her boyfriend.

:p
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My niece met Chris off Eggheads in his local in Crewe and said how polite he was and how, when he's got time off, loves to take part in the karaoke. OK he's not in the same league as a movie star, but is quite well known and could have let the fame go to his head( I wonder if anyone has met CJ, as he came across as arrogant, unless it was an act).
    One of my sadly late friends met Jon Pertwee at a fete in 1981 and asked him about Doctor Who. While not obnoxious, he brusquely told him to ask Tom Baker as it was a long time ago. However, to those that recognised him as Worzel Gummidge, Pertwee was fine and later on in life became keen to revive the Who years for the fans.
    Also another colleague who is a huge Hammer fan has met Ingrid Pitt before at a convention and said she was lovely to the fans and always prepared to talk.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cousin interviewed Maureen Lipmann for a Sunday supplement and said she was the most arrogant. rude and late person she has ever interviewed.
    Has anyone met Hughie Green before, as until Jimmy Savile's revelations he was the most despised man in showbiz, but always came across as nice to contestants?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keith Lemon - he's so far up himself he's vile. My friend wanted his autograph and he turned round and had the cheek to ask my friend for his autograph. vile.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    Keith Lemon - he's so far up himself he's vile. My friend wanted his autograph and he turned round and had the cheek to ask my friend for his autograph. vile.

I don't see what was vile about this, it seems like he was making a joke:confused:
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    My cousin interviewed Maureen Lipmann for a Sunday supplement and said she was the most arrogant. rude and late person she has ever interviewed.
    Has anyone met Hughie Green before, as until Jimmy Savile's revelations he was the most despised man in showbiz, but always came across as nice to contestants?

Correct me if Im wrong, but all Hughie Green seemed to do was have affairs & be a bit loose with his opinions.

Imagine what would have happened if he'd done a Savile at the same time!

How times change.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »

I really don't get what the big deal is about Lemon, I don't find him funny at all :confused:

He just seems typical ITV2 fodder
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    One of my sadly late friends met Jon Pertwee at a fete in 1981 and asked him about Doctor Who. While not obnoxious, he brusquely told him to ask Tom Baker as it was a long time ago. However, to those that recognised him as Worzel Gummidge, Pertwee was fine and later on in life became keen to revive the Who years for the fans.

Whereas, from what I've heard from two or three people, Tom Baker is incredibly nice, although completely bonkers.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    My niece met Chris off Eggheads in his local in Crewe and said how polite he was and how, when he's got time off, loves to take part in the karaoke. OK he's not in the same league as a movie star, but is quite well known and could have let the fame go to his head( I wonder if anyone has met CJ, as he came across as arrogant, unless it was an act).
    Also another colleague who is a huge Hammer fan has met Ingrid Pitt before at a convention and said she was lovely to the fans and always prepared to talk.

I met Jon at a couple of conventions in the eighties and there certainly was no love lost with Tom Baker. He once described Tom as a Wnaker. It was the convention where Tom would not appear with the other Doctors (Panopticon 83 IIRC) However Jon was charm personified. He was very pleasant every time I met him.

In Dr Who circles very few I have met have been anything other than pleasant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    He once described Tom as a Wnaker.

Ah, he's related to Zoe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and the bloody Daily Wail persists in photographing her every night coming out of the stage door in some weird creation.
    She always looks a bit stinky to me, just like her boyfriend.

:p

Some of her audience ended up being, not so long ago, in this story (warning: somewhat gross!).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1225691/Anna-Friels-performance-interrupted-ill-spectator.html#comments
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member

I think the story behind Jon Pertwee is that he was afraid of becoming typecast after Dr Who. He had been considering leaving the show for that reason, and then the shock of Roger Delgado's death (his co-star and a close friend) helped him to make his mind up. I can imagine him being eager to dissociate himself with Dr Who outside of the convention circuit. I never met him, but in con-land stories about him are pretty much universally positive. His feud with Tom Baker is legendary, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    His feud with Tom Baker is legendary, though.

Was he jealous of Tom's popularity in the role? How childish!
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Was he jealous of Tom's popularity in the role? How childish!

No, not that I'm aware of. He thought Baker was unprofessional on set (mind you, I've heard stories about Pertwee that would make your eyes melt). I think it's really just a personality clash. In two ordinary people it wouldn't be anything of note. In two of the Luvviest Luvvies of Luvdom, it couldn't help but take on Promethean proportions.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Mallaha wrote: »
    Whereas, from what I've heard from two or three people, Tom Baker is incredibly nice, although completely bonkers.

Tom Baker is as mad as a box of frogs and that's the reason he's the ONLY Dr Who I watched with any regularity.