The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

1410411412413414416»

Comments

• EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Also "I Am" is #26 in the rolling 7-day airplay chart for the UK. Matching the peak of "Fire Under My Feet". Hope it can go top 20 in airplay with strong support from BBC Radio 2/Magic FM and fingers crossed a lot of other stations are supporting it. Shame Compare My Radio isn't working anymore.
  • hazza12hazza12 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona is trending on UK iTunes 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
  • AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thunder debuts at #29 on Billboard AC chart :)
    Forum Member
    hazza12 wrote: »
    Leona is trending on UK iTunes 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Yes, let's hope another Leona song is used on X-factor tonight. :cool:

Good news. :)
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really close between U2, Tori Kelly and Leona now. So it could change around but her updates have started getting big again so this is her chance to build a lead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Footprints back up to #139 and BL just jumped to #791! Was hanging around 900's
    I Am at #570 and Run at #572, would be great if Run was played on X Factor tonight :)
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FUMF has climbed to Top 300 on Germany iTunes, hopefully it will continue climbing as airplay increases and hopefully she'll go out there to promote soon.

I presume they pushed the album release back in Germany to the 18th so she had time to go and promote, which is smart.

Edit: Its at #284 in Germany.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    FUMF has climbed to Top 300 on Germany iTunes, hopefully it will continue climbing as airplay increases and hopefully she'll go out there to promote soon.

I presume they pushed the album release back in Germany to the 18th so she had time to go and promote, which is smart.

Edit: Its at #284 in Germany.

Would be really really great if there was some FUMF promo in Germany and Switzerland soon, could defo be a hit, especially in Switzerland with the huge radio play
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what she's doing now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Leona on X Factor but that doesn't stop her lol
    #214 Spirit Deluxe
    #715 I Am Deluxe

Footprints at #142
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that the official chart or rolling airplay? I didn't think US charts were updated on Sundays? :confused:
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    @SimonCowell
    .@Cherylofficial had them last year but I've not mentored the girls since Leona, and look what happened! #SimonGirls

Simon stanning Leona
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    Simon stanning Leona

Aww. I like Simon. I think he's very professional. Like someone here said before , I don't think there's bad blood between him and Leona. What she went through must have been more to do with the team responsible for her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Is that the official chart or rolling airplay? I didn't think US charts were updated on Sundays? :confused:

it's the official Billboard chart, just nobody noticed it the other day :)
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone did post a screenshot of the album cover with a #29 next to it a few days go. I guess that was it :)
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Begood wrote: »
    Aww. I like Simon. I think he's very professional. Like someone here said before , I don't think there's bad blood between him and Leona. What she went through must have been more to do with the team responsible for her.

I agree. I genuinely believe Simon and Leona are on good terms.

There's too much history and respect there for there not to be plus she's the only act I've seen him always champion despite not being on his label anymore. Like you said, it's more the issue she has with Syco...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I think Leona and SImon are good. an X Factor performance would be welcomed by most people here I think!
    Forum Member
    Ye, they both still follow each other on twitter and have said nothing but good things about each other in regards to Leona's split from Sony/Syco.

Leona doesn't have issue with all of Syco/Sony etc or Simon. Just the team of people around her she had at Syco. So I can't see why she woudln't be able to get an X-factor performance at some point. Especially as it would show everyone there's no bad blood at all (proving the papers nothing but nonsense).
    Forum Member
    "Footprints In The Sand" being used on today's Xtra factor! :D
  • hazza12hazza12 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can imagine Simon tweeting about Leona once the album is out. Like "I'm so proud of you Leona" with a picture of the album or something
  • twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    "Footprints In The Sand" being used on today's Xtra factor! :D

Well, as I understand it, since Leona has left Sony/Syco, her old catalog belongs to Syco and any sales from it profit Syco. No royalties from them for Leona anymore.. So playing Leona on any show Simon controls is to *his* benefit.

I wonder if he does give her a slot on X-Factor, it will be on the understanding she sings her past work.
    Forum Member
    twells wrote: »
    Well, as I understand it, since Leona has left Sony/Syco, her old catalog belongs to Syco and any sales from it profit Syco. No royalties from them for Leona anymore.. So playing Leona on any show Simon controls is to *his* benefit.

I wonder if he does give her a slot on X-Factor, it will be on the understanding she sings her past work.

Leona still gets royalties from the songs due to being the vocalist and most of the royalties go to the writers/producers anyway (labels make very little from songs). And if she gets a slot it will be new material, not old. It'll hopefully be "I Got You" or "Another Love Song". Both of which have nothing to do with the label.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twells wrote: »

Leona will still get a cut from her old material.

And the second part is obviously no, he wouldn't ask that and she wouldn't agree. Leona doing well is still to the benefit of Simon and Syco, she represents the show and what you can achieve so her doing well is important to the show. And if Leona's profiles bigger then her back catalogue will sell better, lining Syco's pockets.
  • twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Leona will still get a cut from her old material.

And the second part is obviously no, he wouldn't ask that and she wouldn't agree. Leona doing well is still to the benefit of Simon and Syco, she represents the show and what you can achieve so her doing well is important to the show. And if Leona's profiles bigger then her back catalogue will sell better, lining Syco's pockets.

I understood that ownership of the material reverts to the label if the artist leaves. The provisions of her contract, including royalties, were terminated when she left.

Continued here: The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 61)
This discussion has been closed.