Mirror: EastEnders star Neil McDermott cheats on his wife with a 16 year old fan

Comments

• SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she lied about her age, drank alcohol illegally, and nothing will happen to her.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like an alcohol fueled mistake. Neil was the adult here and should have known better, however, EVERYONE has done shameful things while p*****.

Seems either the girl or someone on the girls behalf was planning to go to the papers, so he got in first and exposed himself.

Hopefully he and his wife will stay together, especially as they have a new baby.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »
    And she lied about her age, drank alcohol illegally, and nothing will happen to her.

To be frank I don't care. It's up to the Police or her parents to punish her and i've already said that what she did was wrong. We probably never even hear about her again after this as she isn't in the public eye. Ryan probably also get away with it because "he's cute".
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People always forget it takes two to tango, i'd be ashamed of this little slag if I was her mum. What was she even doing in a club at the age of 16?

I don't mean to shock you but most people start going to clubs way before they turn 18. It's pretty common for 16 year old's to clubbing, I know I did and this was a decade ago now:o I also knew a lot of people who started going out much younger than that as well.
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to shock you but most people start going to clubs way before they turn 18. It's pretty common for 16 year old's to clubbing, I know I did and this was a decade ago now:o I also knew a lot of people who started going out much younger than that as well.

I think some people have forgotten what it was like when they were 16. Girls at my school looked over 18 with make-up on and would go to clubs and pubs, one of my school friends was out at a pub in the next town and bumped into one of our teachers, he told her he wouldn't say anything but she must leave the pub immediately and go home.

A lot of people first have sex, drink and take drugs under the age of 16. At the time you think you know everything and you're an adult, it's only when you're older that you look back and realise you were still just a kid. It's what teenagers do, they want to be grown up before they really need to be.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    People always forget it takes two to tango, i'd be ashamed of this little slag if I was her mum. What was she even doing in a club at the age of 16?

It does take two to tango, but I don't see why it's only ever the girl who gets the derogatory language like 'tart' and 'slag' thrown at her. He's the one who cheated on his wife and the mother of his newborn child - what on earth does that make him?
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lowlife cheating scumbag. And she's a cheap tart. Happy now?
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lowlife cheating scumbag. And she's a cheap tart. Happy now?

Works for me.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm lost, both people are old enough to have sex and consent to it. Whats the issue here? Pls educate me

If he's married to someone he should be sticking with them, not going and 'getting it' somewhere else. Did you miss the bit where he was married?

Edit: I get the feeling we're talking about different things here after browsing through the thread.
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the 16 year old do a kiss and tell o_O? maybe they didn't date. Maybe she's a backstage groupie. I have to say I am disappointed. Ah well.

Just out of curiosity why is it fundamentally wrong for a 16 and 30 year old to date?

I couldnt care less about the age diff.
    she could be 50 and its out of order..hes a manslag and shes a slag,his wife should binbag him.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    I couldnt care less about the age diff.
    she could be 50 and its out of order..hes a manslag and shes a slag,his wife should binbag him.

Or Bobbitt him...am I showing my age here? :o:D
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Or Bobbitt him...am I showing my age here? :o:D

;)
    shhh i wont tell.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

Who didn't get into clubs under age when they were young.

There were plenty of 15 year olds going clubbing in 1990.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    If he's married to someone he should be sticking with them, not going and 'getting it' somewhere else. Did you miss the bit where he was married?

Edit: I get the feeling we're talking about different things here after browsing through the thread.

Bring married is just a bit of paper. Go on Gaydar and see how many married men are on there. There is a lot.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    ^What about the baby they just had together?
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are Helen Lovejoy and I claim my £5!
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    What the girl did was wrong. But at the end of the day Ryan is married and shouldn't have been flirting and having sex with other woman, no matter what their age in the first place. Especially when the wife is at home holding the baby.

Well quite. And what's more, although over the age of consent, she's still a minor. I am astonished at some of the comments on this page calling the teenager all the names under the sun for being in a club and drinking underage. The guy is 30, practically twice her age, out in a club picking up teenagers for casual sex when his wife is at home having just given birth - and the girl is the one being called derogatory names!
  • bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this girl is a slag in the slightest, just naive. If you are 16 and your favourite soap star is giving you a lot of attention then its flattering and of course you'll hang onto every word that they say. He is the one that is in the wrong by cheating on his wife after just becoming a dad and he should be ashamed of himself
  • Columbo FanColumbo Fan Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

what about the baby? having extra-marital affairs does not stop one being a good dad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring married is just a bit of paper. Go on Gaydar and see how many married men are on there. There is a lot.

If any man thinks he's gay, he shouldn't get married. And no, getting married is also about the commitment you're making to the one you love. This doesn't ONLY have to be in a church though. Also, the point that Squealer_Mahony makes as well about his wife nursing his baby whilst he was allegedly having it off with this 16 year old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about the baby? having extra-marital affairs does not stop one being a good dad.

I don't believe this! He shouldn't have been 'with her' if he was still married! They'd just had a baby together for goodness sake! Are you actually condoning cheating? It looks like you are.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ANd that's just as bad. If you're married, you shouldn't be shagging anyone apart from the person you're married to. Else why bother with the bit of paper in the first place?
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe this! He shouldn't have been 'with her' if he was still married! They'd just had a baby together for goodness sake! Are you actually condoning cheating? It looks like you are.
    LOLasaurus Rex at the righteous indignation! Out of all the vile things people do to one another in this wicked old world, you get yourself worked up about an EastEnders actor cheating on his wife.

I guess it's easy for anonymous keyboard warriors to stand in judgement over someone in the public eye.
  • Columbo FanColumbo Fan Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

oh that, i see. No one knows what happens behind closed doors. Perhaps she had showed no sexual feelings to him? I am not condoning the affair but sometimes women only want to see or act certain ways that only suit them.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    You are Helen Lovejoy and I claim my £5!

Well the point I was getting at is they just had a baby which suggests their marriage was more than a bit of paper?

That alright with you?

Hope you haven't spent your fiver yet.

See above.
    It was more a comment about their relationship than his skills as a father, which I didn't comment on.