Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 50)

Comments

• Options
    w_dw_d Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on a few mariah and Whitney forums too and thats usually the reaction I get when I tell my age :p
    And yes you really are! Not only them but also Toni Braxton who I think is one of the most underrated singers in history.
    P.S. "Forever" live in Wembley 1996 is actually on YouTube, amazing performance! -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO0aWV4C5b4

Paulbax, thank you VERY VERY much for that link! Brings back all the memories!

and yes I agree, Toni Braxton's voice is like melting chocolate, it's so bloody sultry and deep and the richness is unmatched. I saw her in 1997 at wembley! She put the B in badass!!!!
  • Options
    paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    w_d wrote: »
    Paulbax, thank you VERY VERY much for that link! Brings back all the memories!

and yes I agree, Toni Braxton's voice is like melting chocolate, it's so bloody sultry and deep and the richness is unmatched. I saw her in 1997 at wembley! She put the B in badass!!!!
    No problem :D
    Theres actually a lot from that concert on youtube. And yes Toni is amazing! Up until a couple of years ago I only knew about Unbreak My Heart but her reality show "Braxton Family Values" made me listen to her greatest hits album and love so much of her music now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if I'm Leona.... and Im here listening to you all.
    xxx
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Nice crowd in Hamburg :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAWNb3RTck
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice crowd in Hamburg :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAWNb3RTck
    Very nice. The only thing is that the German audiences have been soooo quiet! I hope the UK audiences are loud and full of energy (They no doubt will be!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Leona would cover Xtina's "Hurt" or even "You Lost Me"
  • Options
    LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Leona would cover Xtina's "Hurt" or even "You Lost Me"

Cant believe im saying this but I actually agree with you glasshearts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    xxx

Then I'd beg you to release glassheart as single :-P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very nice. The only thing is that the German audiences have been soooo quiet! I hope the UK audiences are loud and full of energy (They no doubt will be!)

We Germans know talent when we see it and shut up When an angel sings ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AmyAmes wrote: »
    We Germans know talent when we see it and shut up When an angel sings ;-)
    Not saying its a bad thing, its just nice to feed off of the crowd going mental at times lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not saying its a bad thing, its just nice to feed off of the crowd going mental at times lol :D

You got a Point here :-D
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the performance of Broken recorded by Amy still set to private? I am desperate to see it, she had great quality videos.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is her performance of Locked Out Of Heaven from Hamburg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GecfPjqooB0
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Is the performance of Broken recorded by Amy still set to private? I am desperate to see it, she had great quality videos.

Yeah, but it will be available soon. She was still travelling back home today :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been to Newcastle concerthall yet? I was wondering if the seats in front are behind each other on the same level or 2th row little bit higher than 1st one and 3rd row higher than 2nd row if you know what I mean? :p
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Has anyone been to Newcastle concerthall yet? I was wondering if the seats in front are behind each other on the same level or 2th row little bit higher than 1st one and 3rd row higher than 2nd row if you know what I mean? :p

They're all pretty much level, there's a slight gradient in the floor but it's barely noticeable unless you're right at the back... it's a bit similar to how old theatres & cinemas used to be - almost flat, but with a slight raise the further you go back...
  • Options
    jwatsonjwatson Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    did not like broken live. this makes me sad. still love you leona.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    They're all pretty much level, there's a slight gradient in the floor but it's barely noticeable unless you're right at the back... it's a bit similar to how old theatres & cinemas used to be - almost flat, but with a slight raise the further you go back...
    Ha ok, just wondering because I'm not that tall :')
    jwatson wrote: »
    did not like broken live. this makes me sad. still love you leona.

How can you not like that performance :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, she wrote that on lee-loy but it's just the pressure though. No meltdown or depression, she's fine lol :p
  • Options
    jwatsonjwatson Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Ha ok, just wondering because I'm not that tall :')

How can you not like that performance :o

She didn't hit either of my fave notes. "Broooooooken" and "SAaaaaaaaaaaave me,"

this is my fave leona lewis. i hope it gets better in the future i wouldn't watch the frankfurt performance again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, she wrote that on lee-loy but it's just the pressure though. No meltdown or depression, she's fine lol :p
    Oh thats good :)
    Weird, I read Lee-Loy all the time but I must've missed that part. I recently had a very bad bought of crippling anxiety that completely ruined my life for a while so I really empathise with how she must feel, so much pressure! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwatson wrote: »
    She didn't hit either of my fave notes. "Broooooooken" and "SAaaaaaaaaaaave me,"

this is my fave leona lewis. i hope it gets better in the future i wouldn't watch the frankfurt performance again.

lol she did hit both notes :confused:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9EfmyhZws
    Oh thats good :)
    Weird, I read Lee-Loy all the time but I must've missed that part. I recently had a very bad bought of crippling anxiety that completely ruined my life for a while so I really empathise with how she must feel, so much pressure! :(

It's the article "My First Night of The Glassheart Tour"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona KILLING it on this ATRL poll
    http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367304
  • Options
    LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxx

relese the glassheart album in the usa with glassheart as lead single.
This discussion has been closed.