I'm disgusted by the "what customers do to annoy you" thread

Comments

• pipkinpipkin Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its one of the more entertaining threads in this forum, I read it not quite believing what they have to put up with
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I agree with you. We're supposed to be going to them for help, it's their job to help us. If they don't like it they don't have to do it. Nobody will try to convince them to stay.
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    Perhaps you should try to learn it before they do.

I don't work in retail my jobs not on the line
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Do your jobs, or go serve in Afghanistan for a year!

Lol, a bit extreme isn't it?
    spkx wrote: »
    or they could just be rude *****

Exactly. Where i work i've had people swearing at me for no reason, and on at least one occasion a 16/17 year old boy threatened to kill me because i refused to serve him a pint of beer without him showing me ID. Obviously he was just being a childish arsehole and i didn't take the threat seriously, but that just goes to show that the customer ISN'T always right, infact some of them are just f*cktards that don't deserve the air they're breathing, nevermind my service with a smile. Would you take that kind of behaviour OP? I highly doubt it.
  • GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hurlley wrote: »
    I don't work in retail my jobs not on the line
    ...yet... [ominous music]
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Shop-keepers and workers are there to serve the customers who are always right remember, They should stop moaning or do another job. We pay their wages so have a right to good service and smiling faces every time.

I'd have loved to see your face when you wrote this. I bet you didn't write it with a straight face Chris. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    That's a great place for expanding the Ann Summers empire, thankyou for the idea. I am sure I'd enjoy toasting marshmallows over the glowing embers of it in my flip flops and Kaftan.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have loved to see your face when you wrote this. I bet you didn't write it with a straight face Chris. :D

I did. Why wouldn't I? :confused:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did. Why wouldn't I? :confused:

Because it was so unreal. So far departed from reality. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't believe you're anything like that bothered by it. Part 1 of that thread started on 9 Dec 2007. Part 2 started on 11 August 2010. I find it hard to believe you've not noticed the thread before in the 9 months since you joined considering the number of posts you've made & the thousands of posts that have appeared there which will have kept it on the first page of GD for quite a considerable time. Your disgust would be more believable if you'd expressed it months ago, rather than leaving it until a miserable cold night in December when you're bored & can't think of something more constructive to do with your time. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    I love that thread! Its a little giggle and its great to hear its not just me that gets some of the bad ones!
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't believe you're anything like that bothered by it. Part 1 of that thread started on 9 Dec 2007. Part 2 started on 11 August 2010. I find it hard to believe you've not noticed the thread before in the 9 months since you joined considering the number of posts you've made & the thousands of posts that have appeared there which will have kept it on the first page of GD for quite a considerable time. Your disgust would be more believable if you'd expressed it months ago, rather than leaving it until a miserable cold night in December when you're bored & can't think of something constructive to do with your time. :D

Well said and in answer to the question about what the OP does; lately we've been regaled with news the OP doesn't have a job. This was in between assorted fantasy tales of supermarkets on ships and terror cells holed up in brothels next door.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe you're anything like that bothered by it. Part 1 of that thread started on 9 Dec 2007. Part 2 started on 11 August 2010. I find it hard to believe you've not noticed the thread in the 9 months since you joined considering the number of posts you've made. Your disgust would be more believable if you'd expressed it months ago, rather than leaving it until a miserable cold night in December when you're bored & can't think of something constructive to do with your time. :D
    Or maybe the OP was recently very badly behaved in an establishment, got thrown out for his trouble and is now bitter about it, won't take responsibility for his behaviour and is looking for people to validate his opinion that if you are paying for a service, you get to treat those providing it however you wish?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    What a load of old sh*t.

People aren't allowed to express their anger any more are they?

My mum works at Sainsbury's and some of the ignorant, arrogant customers she has to deal with on her pittance of a wage is beyond all of human endurance.

A pet hate of mine is the phrase 'the customer is always right', well actually, a lot of the time the customer isn't right, and some people need to understand the fact that customers aren't Gods, that can walk into a shop, treat the staff like dirt expect an insincere response.

Yes they do pay peoples wages and should be respected like anybody else should be respected, but it's when customers make unreasonable demands or complaints and then spout the mantra 'i pay your wages' like some kind of Mafia don that people get cross.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe the OP was recently very badly behaved in an establishment, got thrown out for his trouble and is now bitter about it, won't take responsibility for his behaviour and is looking for people to validate his opinion that if you are paying for a service, you get to treat those providing it however you wish?
    Either way, he's making rather a 44DD of himself here. :D
  • radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member
    During working hours you are paid to serve the public. Some of the public might not be the brightest at times, but they could have autism, learning difficulties or disrupted childhoods. You deal with it by playing dumb and being professional.

The customer is always right, and customer service standards in this country are on par with dog poop on the pavement. Its no wonder the country is facing economic turmoil. :rolleyes:

:eek: Wow what a mix of true and false.

Yes during working hours staff are paid to serve the public this is true. as for the customer being always right are they f***! The c*nstomer is usually an A-hole.

what i will agree with is that customer customer service is frequently shockingly poor.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been on both sides of the counter so I can fully understand and empathise with people paid to serve the public.

As CableDude said, some people drive you to the brink of insanity with their attitude. So I always go out of my way to be as helpful and personable to anyone working in a shop because I know what it's like for them. But then that's just me I guess :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't believe you're anything like that bothered by it. Part 1 of that thread started on 9 Dec 2007. Part 2 started on 11 August 2010. I find it hard to believe you've not noticed the thread before in the 9 months since you joined considering the number of posts you've made & the thousands of posts that have appeared there which will have kept it on the first page of GD for quite a considerable time. Your disgust would be more believable if you'd expressed it months ago, rather than leaving it until a miserable cold night in December when you're bored & can't think of something more constructive to do with your time. :D

:D I could not have put it better myself!
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    horns wrote: »
    Then why not post your comments in the thread you're commenting on?

I tried that in the previous retail thread and got told it was for retail workers to moan, not customers to defend themselves.
    You just can't win:rolleyes:;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    Everyone involved in real life retail is on a hiding to nothing.

On one hand the public are insufferable morons. On the other hand customer service in this country is piss poor, maybe the worst in the developed world.

No wonder the high street is losing money hand over fist to the internet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The customer is not always right.
  • BunnyfooBunnyfoo Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Shop-keepers and workers are there to serve the customers who are always right remember, They should stop moaning or do another job. We pay their wages so have a right to good service and smiling faces every time.

Yes you can say 'get another job', but some people need these jobs to feed their family and a place to live. it might be the only option.
    I worked in retail and you do have to be thick skinned and take in crap all the time. You wont understand what its like unless you have worked with the public.

Oh and another thing, i once had a customer say 'i pay your wages' when i knew for a fact they were on benefits!
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people in there moaning about having to do their jobs, badmouthing customers etc.. It puts me off going into a shop. During working hours you are paid to serve the public. Some of the public might not be the brightest at times, but they could have autism, learning difficulties or disrupted childhoods. You deal with it by playing dumb and being professional.

The customer is always right, and customer service standards in this country are on par with dog poop on the pavement. Its no wonder the country is facing economic turmoil. :rolleyes:

The majority of customers are fine and have no problem serving them, but there are some who are complete asses.

The customer is not always right, they just like to think they are,sometimes they treat you like something they have scraped off the bottom of their shoe.

You try working in retail its not bloody easy I can tell you

If you dont like shopping then dont frequent a shop , do your shopping online then you wont have to face bad customer service as you put it.

I do my shop thanks, why should I serve in Afganistan for a year :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    N8JevTBH wrote: »
    The customer is not always right.

Maybe not. But if you want their money, you damn well better be prepared to act like they are.
  • radiosgaloreradiosgalore Posts: 5,348
    Forum Member

DS needs a facebook style 'like' button for a post like that :D