Options

The DS Eurovision Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    marrakech wrote: »
    I can't believe she actually ranks the artists in terms of friendliness. Did we need a specific catergory for "Cold singers who eventually defrosted" :D

This woman NEEDS to go back to Eurovision! She's like a less offensive Silvia Night! :D

Yes, yes we did!

The BBC should have snapped her up for us.
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the jury for tomorrow evening's Romanian NF who will award 50% of the points have been announced as Johnny Logan,

:eek: He's done two NFs already and it's not even 2011!

In fact let's predict how many NFs he'll show up at over the season. We've had two, and the Irish one's surely a dead cert so that's three. I'll say six altogether.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gottago wrote: »

In fact let's predict how many NFs he'll show up at over the season. We've had two, and the Irish one's surely a dead cert so that's three. I'll say six altogether.

And yet, we'll get constant interviews where he bitches about the contest between now and May. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like this idea......"Spot The Logan"

I'll say 8 in total.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I've finally had a chance to read Glenys's article and you are all right, it's comedy gold!!!

My favourite bit is about the Macedonian Party ....

"Albania had been invited to Macedonia’s Eurovision Party and we were asked to sing. All the countries invited sang a few songs and there were more than enough microphones to go around. I had counted up to four microphones at one time. Albania was the last country called to sing. Since there were four of us we asked for the microphones. Only one was given. Someone had decided that we would only be permitted one microphone to share amongst all four of us. I do not know who was responsable for this but we found it absolutely insulting. Looking back on it now, we should have refused to perform. Had we done so, I am certain the missing microphones would have magically appeared."

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm going to stick with the 3, after Jedward, he'll need some serious rehab....
  • Options
    Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I'm going to stick with the 3, after Jedward, he'll need some serious rehab....

You never know he might be writing Jedward's song. What chance he makes an appearance at the German NF judging Lena, he claims to be popular there. Speaking of which, I didn't think this would ever happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r78HGYS0Cgk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You never know he might be writing Jedward's song. What chance he makes an appearance at the German NF judging Lena, he claims to be popular there. Speaking of which, I didn't think this would ever happen.

Oh that really doesn't work does it?! :eek:

Love how 95% of Roger's band have hats on .....
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell me Jedward are entering the Irish NF and not the UK's. I can't take much more of our attempts after what happened last year and Jedward would be the final nail in the coffin.

I can definitely hear 'Poker Face' in the Polish song. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hideous.

Although I do like the bit at the end where they both sing "We'll always be together" and then Roger sings "Forever in love" and Johnny sort of realises that he doesn't want to sing that line back at him so he decides right at the last second to not sing it! :D
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone here intend to watch the Vienna New Year's Concert on Saturday just for the sake of the classic EBU logo making an appearence? :D
  • Options
    wombatofludhamwombatofludham Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ouch, a sort of head on collision between Logan and a Test Card big band classic. Much as I like Teutonic big-band (a lot of the classic big-band test card backing tracks were recorded by German bands), Hold Me Now does not come out of it well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Please tell me Jedward are entering the Irish NF and not the UK's. I can't take much more of our attempts after what happened last year and Jedward would be the final nail in the coffin.

It's definitely the Irish NF.
    Does anyone here intend to watch the Vienna New Year's Concert on Saturday just for the sake of the classic EBU logo making an appearence? :D

* Put's hand up * :p
  • Options
    JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to my friends fb, InCulto broke up :( Bit surprised about that. Don't feel like google it but...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's desperate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    According to my friends fb, InCulto broke up :( Bit surprised about that. Don't feel like google it but...

It's true. But as a parting gift they are giving a free download of their latest/last album to anyone who wants it......

http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/16416
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have our line-up for the Belgian preselection, all 30 of them........

http://eurovision.akamusic.com/home/index

Personal favourites so far are Steve Linden's "C'est La Musique" and Thayss N' Bau's sideways version of "Airplanes" (Somewhere With You);)
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=22833&_t=43+nations+on+2011+participants+list

43 countries this year. Italy go straight to the final. Semi-final split draw on January the 17th!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=22833&_t=43+nations+on+2011+participants+list

43 countries this year. Italy go straight to the final. Semi-final split draw on January the 17th!
    S! S! S! S! S! S! S! :D

Big 5! Joint highest number of countries ever! All those S's! Too much to take in!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks Saturn. The news we've been awaiting. And YAY! Slovakia are in the line-up.

It looks quite odd reading the list to see Italy in there after all this time.

Wonder what Russia think of Italy getting the pass to the Final?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S! S! S! S! S! S! S! :D

Big 5! Joint highest number of countries ever! All those S's! Too much to take in!

You can do your countdown properly from here on in.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just realised: this will mean that there will once again be 25 in the final and next year there'll be 26 (assuming Italy don't bugger off again) so by next year the UK won't be the only country to have come 26th!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else want to take a stab at the pots?

Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Estonia
    Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, Moldova
    Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Macedonia, Albania
    Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Israel
    Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey
    Hungary, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, San Marino, Bulgaria
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just realised: this will mean that there will once again be 25 in the final and next year there'll be 26 (assuming Italy don't bugger off again) so by next year the UK won't be the only country to have come 26th!

I think they'd consider making it 9 qualifiers per semi if Italy stay on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they'd consider making it 9 qualifiers per semi if Italy stay on.
    They've had 26 in the final before and given that the voting is now open throughout the show they could perhaps shave off the 3:30 minutes they need from the 15 minute voting block after the last song. Ultimately it's in the EBU's best interests to have as many countries taking part in the final as possible.
This discussion has been closed.