Bernie Nolans cancer battle

wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2227923/Bernie-Nolan-vows-fight-incurable-cancer-revolutionary-drug.html

I really hope she pulls through, if that drug can pro long her life by just months or hopefully years it will have been worth it. :(

Comments

• dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so, too. She's ok, is Bernie- great personality.
  • hello_mumhello_mum Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    She's the best, strong and strong family. I feel daft chatting about it because she'll win, I just know she will.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope she is an inspiration for other people suffering, hats off to her, she is one brave lady.
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she wins her fight against this disease and wish her and her family all the very best.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think it would put Coleen off the **** now for good, seeing what Bernie is going through :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any more recent news on how Bernie is doing? Things seem to have gone quiet. If privacy is what she's wanting right now, all fair and good but as someone who is rooting for her I would be interested in hearing updates. Whatever, I hope she's doing really well and feeling good.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have not seen or heard any updates on her health but as it was in her bones and other organs back in November it do doubt has progressed, she might very well be in palliative stage of care now. Experienced this with a cousin ten years ago, once it gets into the bones and marrow. So, so sad - she has a young daughter too:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have not seen or heard any updates on her health but as it was in her bones and other organs back in November it do doubt has progressed, she might very well be in palliative stage of care now. Experienced this with a cousin ten years ago, once it gets into the bones and marrow. So, so sad - she has a young daughter too:(

Yes. It's the fact that things have gone so quiet that's worrying me. Unless she's having some quiet time to focus on treatment and enjoying being with her family. Can fully understand her not working at the moment. Unless it was therapeutic for her, hell, she deserves to have a good time and get away from all the pressures it brings. I know she's wanted to put across a positive image and show that she's fighting but it's perhaps best that she uses her energy for herself at the moment, rather than campaigning for others.

Edit: If anyone's reading who has contact with Bernie, please pass on love and good wishes.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That poor girl has gone through so much. I wish her huge luck and best wishes x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I have Stage IV breast cancer which spread to my bones in December 2008 and to my liver in August 2011. I have been on constant treatment for all of this time obviously, some have worked better than others but at the moment I'm doing really well and feel as healthy as the next person.

There are many, many treatments for advanced breast cancer and many women live for years and years with a good quality of life.

I know Bernie has spread to more organs than me but I also know of ladies with similar diagnosis to her who are doing well years down the line and I hope she's going to be one of them. She's probably like me and wants to give it as little thought as possible for as long as possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluie2103 wrote: »
    I have Stage IV breast cancer which spread to my bones in December 2008 and to my liver in August 2011. I have been on constant treatment for all of this time obviously, some have worked better than others but at the moment I'm doing really well and feel as healthy as the next person.

There are many, many treatments for advanced breast cancer and many women live for years and years with a good quality of life.

I know Bernie has spread to more organs than me but I also know of ladies with similar diagnosis to her who are doing well years down the line and I hope she's going to be one of them. She's probably like me and wants to give it as little thought as possible for as long as possible.

I hope it doesn't sound patronizing but that's really inspiring, Bluie. I'm aware that some cancers are being visualized more as chronic conditions, these days (i.e. like diabetes, etc...), due to advances in treatment protocols. In other words, they might be incurable but long-term treatable and manageable with the person affected being able to have a pretty good quality of life. I really hope that's true for yourself and for Bernie Nolan. Long may you both continue to do well and enjoy life.
    Forum Member
    Not patronising at all Dorydaryl, thank you for your nice comments :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I really hope she wins this battle. My thoughts are with her and her family.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well she said it was at least treatable and sounded positive about carrying on
    and she appeared on Lorraine not THAT long ago
    Forum Member
    It's treatable but not curable - so she won't 'win' the battle but it may very well, with successful treatment, be possible to keep the disease under control for years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluie2103 wrote: »
    It's treatable but not curable - so she won't 'win' the battle but it may very well, with successful treatment, be possible to keep the disease under control for years.

Let's hope so...and for yourself, bluie!

I really would like to hear some good news on Bernie. I hope things are 'quiet' just because she's concentrating on looking after herself as she had become a bit of a 'campaigner' for breast cancer screening. That's great in itself but it can become a kind of pressure, not to mention draining...especially if she's had various organizations wanting her to get involved. I hope she's just concentrating on being 'Bernie' and not with all the emphasis 'ill Bernie' and spending time doing stuff that makes her feel good and enjoying being around those she's close to.