The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think Macedonia is a qualifer sadly. That's SF1 wrapped up now anyway, we have the final versions of the entries.
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damien. wrote: »
    Never mind, here's the video:

http://youtu.be/t8QCt6CJCHc

Straight to the top of my pops, excellent polishing job and let's hope they use the cartoon theme in their staging. :p
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like Macedonia as much sadly. They have made the same mistake as last year. It's still good, but sadly it's just not strong enough against the other English entries. Disappointed.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Don't think Macedonia is a qualifer sadly. That's SF1 wrapped up now anyway, we have the final versions of the entries.

Except for Russia, apparently the video the Eurovision yt account put up isn't the final version.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Except for Russia, apparently the video the Eurovision yt account put up isn't the final version.

and isn't Spain making rearrangements on their song?
  • EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only we would make rearrangements. :p Beebeebopbeeboppleyboodeedeedee. :D:D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    If only we would make rearrangements. :p Beebeebopbeeboppleyboodeedeedee. :D:D

My favourite moment from a reveal ever:

Alex: I have always been into scatting

I wonder if he knows what he said... just don't google it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Newer version has since been uploaded, link was posted here last night :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and isn't Spain making rearrangements on their song?

Didn't know that, hopefully they don't change too much!

They're not in SF1 anyway though ;-)
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    My favourite moment from a reveal ever:

I wonder if he knows what he said... just don't google it.

That was genius. I hope they get them in for Innuendo Bingo and use that line. :D
    Newer version has since been uploaded, link was posted here last night :)

Oh yeah it was wasn't it? Think it's because it didn't sound any different to me. :blush:
  • gdrx78gdrx78 Posts: 300
    Forum Member

For anyone wondering about how the UK can possibly create a memorable Stage Performance, i would humbly suggest that a live display of his Scat Appreciation would be talked about for years! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australia giving us the song Andy Abraham should have sung and then maybe Terry Wogan would still be commentating. :p
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Australia giving us the song Andy Abraham should have sung and then maybe Terry Wogan would still be commentating. :p

Shows how ahead of the curve Andy Abraham really was...:o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    Shows how ahead of the curve Andy Abraham really was...:o:D

One word.....contemporary. :p
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,902
    Forum Member

First Aid Kit you mean. God you'll hate my Spotify playlist when I share it, it's full of schlager hags and trashy goodness like this timeless classic. :blush:

I am so here for the schlager hags :D
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,902
    Forum Member
    I was listening to the new version of Malta in the car today as it's now available on Spotify.

Never has a song fallen down my rankings so much. So over polished, lifeless and passionless. Yes the original was really rough around the edges but that fire was the reason I liked it. Shame on whoever put the fire out.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Australia is good! Very british radio right now! I'd be surprised if the votes come flying in though. We will see
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the old story about Måns being a homophobe wiwi wrote last year has appreaed on at leats 3 different UK sites today (pinknews, independent and attitude) so here comes an updated story.

Hopefully things will calm down now, but not sure ;)

http://wiwibloggs.com/2015/03/16/mans-zelmerlow-melodifestivalen-homophobe/86590/
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Find Morland strangely hot............no idea why.

His mouth reminds one of a ventriloquist's dummy......there, I've cured you:D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't buy this at all. He said what he said. If he didn't look the way he did, I really doubt we'd all be so forgiving. Certainly, many people weren't forgiving toward Aram last year. It's a bit like Carola, who commented that gays could be cured through prayer and said she would never see homosexuality as natural. Of course, she was "misquoted" also once a fuss was kicked up about it (this happened several times subsequent to her ESC win). Regardless, despite these comments, Carola appeared at several gay events both prior and subsequent to.

I despise the excuse "misquoted" or "edited". The clip with Mans making these comments is a full clip with a conversation taking place. It's quite clear by the reactions of the guests and how Mans reacted that he knew what he was saying...

At worst, he is a homophobe and at best he's just a moron. Take your pick.

Either way, I won't be voting for him because I'm not a fan of the song...
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't buy this at all. He said what he said. If he didn't look the way he did, I really doubt we'd all be so forgiving. Certainly, many people weren't forgiving toward Aram last year. It's a bit like Carola, who commented that gays could be cured through prayer and said she would never see homosexuality as natural. Of course, she was "misquoted" also once a fuss was kicked up about it (this happened several times subsequent to her ESC win). Regardless, despite these comments, Carola appeared at several gay events both prior and subsequent to.

I despise the excuse "misquoted" or "edited". The clip with Mans making these comments is a full clip with a conversation taking place. It's quite clear by the reactions of the guests and how Mans reacted that he knew what he was saying...

At worst, he is a homophobe and at best he's just a moron. Take your pick.

Either way, I won't be voting for him because I'm not a fan of the song...
    I completely agree.

Thing is, Mans is from a "nice" country so he can't possibly be in the wrong. Nobody was afraid to jump (rightfully) on the Aram bandwagon because Armenia seems to be fair game for hate from many ESC fans. If Mans was Azeri, Armenian or Russian this wouldn't be getting swept under the carpet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the whole thing from Mans was just damage control really. You don't say something like that and then blame it on alcohol. It has to come from somewhere.

He deserves the backlash for it. It's the song contest at the end of the day though, so I don't think people should get too hung up on it. We're not going to be voting for Mans.
  • Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #Macedonia

That is a very odd ending... it just stops...

I also preferred the original :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until Mans states he's boycotting Dolce & Gabbana there will always be questions. :p:kitty:
  • Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #Måns

No-one will care about this come May. The key question needs to be, who can stop Sweden winning and how can we help them!

#AnyoneButSwedenTrain

(I also couldn't give much of a fig about what he said, I just want to stop his end-of-the-pier light-show nonsense from winning)
This discussion has been closed.