I don't believe Katona is clean

crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
Forum Member
I'm not a hater of Katona, in fact I've staunchly defended her on many threads, especially now she's ditched Mark.

BUT I'm far from convinced she isn't using coke / mdma powder or some form of drug. On her latest show she's constantly sniffing and touching her nose, she's manic a lot of the time and then crashes down a bit NOT in the way someone with bipolar would, in the way someone who's using uppers would. Her mannerisms and facial twitches, slurring etc are very characteristic of someone using. The p*ss test doesn't mean a thing unless someone is standing over her whilst she urinates into the container, I'd like to see her take a hair strand test - which is the only reliable test given to addicts under supervision.

I never wanted to say this, I really wanted to believe she's clean but I honestly don't think she is. She reminds me of Daniella Westbrook all the times she claimed to be clean and wasn't and bizarrely has even started to look like her!

I also notice that Clare is very particular the way she phrases whenever she mentions Kerry being drug free she never says it in a way that could be a committed statement eminating from herself.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    She gets the hair strand test too - the results were sent to and read out by Philip Schoefield as being negative during her recent appearance on This Morning. :) The hair strand test confirms she's been "clean" for 6 months according to what Schoefield said :)
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    redlippy wrote: »
    She gets the hair strand test too - the results were sent to and read out by Philip Schoefield as being negative during her recent appearance on This Morning. :) The hair strand test confirms she's been "clean" for 6 months according to what Schoefield said :)

Well I'm really pleased to hear that but she's using some form of substance, even if it's only too many Red Bulls. Whatever her bizarre mannerisms can be attributed to, they ought not be blamed on 'bipolar' as they aren't.

I found it deeply suspicious when she was 'talking to herself' in the bathroom at then came out sniffing her nose and talking gibberish about Elton should have a pyjama party instead.

I honestly hope she was and is now truly clean, of everything, including things that don't show up on tests.
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    WellI hope she is.

Daniella Westbrook seems to have turned her life around, she was very young and I am glad she managed to beat it. She came across really well on DOI and I really ended up liking her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or at times does Kerry come across in her own documentary as being a bit unlikeable?
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm really pleased to hear that but she's using some form of substance, even if it's only too many Red Bulls. Whatever her bizarre mannerisms can be attributed to, they ought not be blamed on 'bipolar' as they aren't.

I found it deeply suspicious when she was 'talking to herself' in the bathroom at then came out sniffing her nose and talking gibberish about Elton should have a pyjama party instead.

I honestly hope she was and is now truly clean, of everything, including things that don't show up on tests.

I think this was because she thought she would be more at home in pyjamas, less formal. Maybe she was trying to boost her confidence by talking herself up in the bathroom, it might be a form of therapy control she undertakes when feeling unsure or down.

I am pleased the hair test showed she had been off drugs for 6 months and the hair test would show up any substance she had taken. :)
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit I noticed the frequent nose touching and sniffing too. Maybe it's developed into some kind of nervous tick :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I don't want to accuse, but on the latest ep of her show when she was getting ready for Elton's ball I did wonder, her behaviour seemed odd, more than just nerves like she had taken something. I don't think she's completely drug free, as to what that drug might be well who knows...
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's either still using or the drugs she did use have caused her damage. But I agree.. she is nothing like she used to be back in the jungle days... there is just something about her facial expressions that seems wrong to me.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Angelsbaby wrote: »
    Is it just me or at times does Kerry come across in her own documentary as being a bit unlikeable?

Only a BIT?!! I find her grotesque.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Is she actually bipolar?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she actually bipolar?

She says....not any more. can bi-polar turn on and off?
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »

Not at will, no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very unlikeable, it's all me, me, me, woe is me, "ive had a hard life, none of it's my fault"
    Forum Member
    i dont think she is bipolar, i think its a convenient excuse.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »

she stopped taking her meds without medical advice...(not a good thing) because she thought she was 'better'...:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    bi polar swings can be very variable in length and intensity...
  • MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to drink more water. That pee test she did - it was dark orange!
    Forum Member
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    She needs to drink more water. That pee test she did - it was dark orange!

eeewwww
  • ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very unlikeable, it's all me, me, me, woe is me, "ive had a hard life, none of it's my fault"

Hmmm, I seem to recall her saying several times in the most recent episode that she accepts responsibilty and is not blaming anyone else for the mess she is in...

Anyway, I want to believe her, but it's the slurring that gets me... all the other ticks I can see how they would linger after long term drug abuse... but slurring? I don't quite understand why your speech would continue to suffer :confused:
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is clean but even if she is, she has being mixing drugs, alcohol and strong bi-polar meds for the last ten years and it's going to take a lot longer than 6 months to undo the damage, both physically and mentally. She has also had a lot of emotional problems. I'm not defending her in the slightest but my flatmate and I were talking about this very same thing today. Her speech sounds slurred or stunted and it's like she's trying to find the words in her head.

I doubt she'd be able to hide drug use from Claire, as Claire pays for her rent and kids school fees and I'm sure Kerry gets a very strict allowance. All her celeb fees probably go straight to Can so they can start recouping costs and I don't think Kerry has any friends left who would fund her habit on the sly. Claire has made such a public issue about Kerry being clean that it would be PR suicide to knowingly cover up drug use on Kerry's part.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shizuku wrote: »
    Anyway, I want to believe her, but it's the slurring that gets me... all the other ticks I can see how they would linger after long term drug abuse... but slurring? I don't quite understand why your speech would continue to suffer :confused:
    I would believe it. Some people are extremely sensitive to substances. My friend can always tell when I've had a cup of coffee because I get really hyper and talk like the hounds of hell are after me and then an hour later I crash and can barely string a sentence together! If I have four cups of coffee in one day, I wake up the next day with a caffine hangover - barely able to get out of bed and my brain feeling like it's made of cotton wool (hence I rarely touch caffine drinks). Kerry abused a lot of substances for practically a decade and she could have done permanent damage.
  • MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she takes a bipolar med now and again which causes a slur. I would hate to take something that did that to you.
    A lot of people strung her up about not paying back her debts, but on watching a bit of her show, I think they mentioned that they are paying it back, she wants to clear the debt & her name.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member

I never found her likeable - even years ago she was always brash and mouthy in AK. Actually do find her unlikeable on her documentary but at the same time feel sorry for her - she is desperate to be liked/loved and just tries to hard to be likeable and in turn makes herself unlikeable - if that makes any sense :confused:
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe Katona is clean

understatement of the century.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the previous shows kerry did the constant sniffing and slurring of words etc were all down to kerrys medication for bi polar as she so often told us herself including on the this morning appearance,and as we all know the story was then spread across the media of kerry snorting cocaine.On her new show the same sniffing can be heard but as kerry herself has told us she is off the medication,the incident when kerry was in the bathroom at the elton party when she opened the door and saw a camera crew there she looked shocked.