Anyone here on their own Christmas Day?

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am as my wife and daughter are away until 2nd Jan. I'm not cooking anything but will just have snacks and bits & pieces and get totally p**ed. :D

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No but I wish I was :(
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually not bothered about it at all. Turkey's always dry so won't miss the Chrustmas dinner. I've loads in the freezer if I want to cook it so I'll just wait and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually not bothered about it at all. Turkey's always dry so won't miss the Chrustmas dinner.

Have you decided what you will eat?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Have you decided what you will eat?

Not yet, no. Saw a guy on ITV This Morning saying one year he just pigged out all day on crisps, nuts, savouries and chocolates, with no actual main meal so that may be me this year.:D
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..........me !

Well, I won't be 'alone' 'cos I'll be on here with all my DS chums............:o:p

As for eating etc...........normal day really

I've been on a low cholestral diet and statins for a while so my Christmas treat will be something like a piece of cheese..........

:yawn:
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just me and the cat, the cat's cooking this year.:o:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Yeah..........me !

Well, I won't be 'alone' 'cos I'll be on here with all my DS chums............:o:p

:

See you here on Christmas Day then!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not yet, no. Saw a guy on ITV This Morning saying one year he just pigged out all day on crisps, nuts, savouries and chocolates, with no actual main meal so that may be me this year.:D

That sounds quite appealing actually!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Just me and the cat, the cat's cooking this year.:o:cool:

Turkey Whiskas it is then ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only TV programme I absolutely won't miss is Corrie. Not bothered about anything else.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    I am as my wife and daughter are away until 2nd Jan. I'm not cooking anything but will just have snacks and bits & pieces and get totally p**ed. :D

why are you seperated??

My aunt is, she's not exactly friend-ful, and there's almost 0 family on her side. Feel guilty about not inviting her but she's very uncorfortable in company. :(
  • Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Why don't one of you set up a website, like a dating website, although its not dating its for finding other people who are alone at Christmas. Then you can all get together with other people in your area who are lonley at Christmas. One bring some cranberry sauce, one bring wine, one bring a turkey etc..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, just doing the local family visit...but I`ll be gagging to get home so I can have a drink or 10 and smoke myself senseless.

...and I don`t blame you OP, you pig out as much as you want :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member

Where are your wife and daughter going? Why are you not going?

Will raise a glass to you:D
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. but might be. As my mum and sister are away, and might not get back becuase of the snow.

if I am. I plan to go for a very long walk in the snow. nothing else to do. no meal. no nothing.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Christmas Day afternoon, when my GF is coming round, I'll be alone Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. I'm also off work from tomorrow, until New Years Eve ~ unfortunately I had to give up that day, as we are short staffed. Otherwise it would have been more than 2 weeks complete rest and idolence.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    See you here on Christmas Day then!!!

Yeah !.........we can pull a cracker...........
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even this thread title is depressing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Gandy spends Christmas day alone - random fact I read in Hello magazine
  • 5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends, if the snow shuts Aberdeen or Norwich Airport and my flight is cancelled then it will be and the cat at Christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch out OP, you`ll have people feeling sorry for you and inviting you round for Xmas dinner...and all the "trimmings"

anyone want stuffing ?
  • Mike HawkeMike Hawke Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    For the dinner itself I'll be over at the folks', but then I shall return to Chez Hawke and probably play some Xbox for an hour or five.
    Why don't one of you set up a website, like a dating website, although its not dating its for finding other people who are alone at Christmas. Then you can all get together with other people in your area who are lonley at Christmas. One bring some cranberry sauce, one bring wine, one bring a turkey etc..

Nice, sounds like the recipe for a Christmas orgy. I'll take charge of the Welsh chapter, I can do things with a turkey that would make your jaw drop.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you plan on doing yourself in, don't strain the ambulance service, leave it until they are fully staffed after the holidays.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Christmas is a time to be alone and to realise the futility of existence.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    If you plan on doing yourself in, don't strain the ambulance service, leave it until they are fully staffed after the holidays.

If you time it right no one will notice that you haven't brought your milk or post in for a couple of weeks and the cold will keep the smell down.