EDL in Boots

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, it certainly has a good ring to it;) On a serious note though, the BNP ARE a bunch of racists, too thick to realise the real issues in society today. I find them to be a reprehensible and disgusting set of people, who certainly don't represent me as a Brit.

And their is no real difference between the members of the BNP and EDL because they are also a bunch of racists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your beloved anti fascists, or UAF as they're more commonly known, are a group of violent thugs who seek to silence anyone who opposes them with severe force. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa5uu1_birmingham-racist-attack-on-white-k_news

Don't think UAF turned up, didn't see them amongst the antifacists who were good natured ;)
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's strange how people focus so much on the EDL, when they are not a threat to this country - unlike the groups which they oppose. I don't really support them much anymore as I got sick and tired of being called a racist, which I am not. However, they make a very good point in those videos. A face covering is intimidating to most people, whether it's a balaclava, a bandana, or a burkha, and they shouldn't be treated differently.
    They should all be banned except for in extreme weather conditions.

They are though.

People who think like they do are as much a threat to most of this (or any other) country as extremists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    The Poster didn't say they loved or even agreed with the UAF, they merely pointed out that they had attracted a far bigger following in Bedford. For the record I also think the UAF act in a totally irresponsible way which is also a waste of police time, however I agree more with their message than that of the EDL.

It was Exeter - Antifacists were in Bedford Square while the EDL were kept further up the high street.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »
    And their is no real difference between the members of the BNP and EDL because they are also a bunch of racists.

Nope. You may choose to believe that, but it is a lie perpetuated by the media in order to discredit the EDL.
    Forum Member
    Frood wrote: »
    They are though.

People who think like they do are as much a threat to most of this (or any other) country as extremists.

Explain how they are a threat then.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Nope. You may choose to believe that, but it is a lie perpetuated by the media in order to discredit the EDL.

But why do you care so much?

Seriously, do you work for the EDL?

NO one without an insider role in an organisation would take so much time and effort to both promote them and attack those who be little said organisation.

And to suggest the BNP and EDL are unrelated is just nonsense. We all know they are. There is no possible way you can honestly say that members or supporters of the EDL do not vote BNP and you cannot convince anyone that the BNP are not happy about the existence of the EDL.
  • Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Frood wrote: »
    They are though.

Same goes for these islamic nutters aswell.
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    No, I don't. However if lending my support to them means I'm labelled racist, then I won't bother.

You mean you have been persecuted into not being allowed to follow a political belief?

That's FASCISM surely?
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »

Proof? You are determined to call me racist even though I am not, why is that? I despise the BNP and am offended that you think they are the same as the EDL.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Promotion of hatred - which most of us can clearly see even if you - and their other defenders - can't.

There is no 'lie perpetuated by the media'. It is clear from EDL literature.
    Forum Member
    You mean you have been persecuted into not being allowed to follow a political belief?

That's FASCISM surely?

Yes, it is. It's ironic that those who claim to oppose fascism are the ones who seek to silence any opposition.
    Forum Member

Every time someone does you ignore it and go off on a tangent about something.

But anyway.

The EDL are a threat as they are causing Muslims to feel alienated and scared in their own towns and cities. The EDL are a threat because they scaremounger about Muslims and try to raise tensions in areas where there are high Muslim populations by holding stupid demos and marches. They waste police time and money, they use threatening and provocative behaviour and language to try and get their point across, a point which is based on tabloid lies and prejudice. The EDL leaders, according by yourself, want nothing to do with the thugs and racists, yet do nothing whatsoever to distance themselves from them and seem to be actively trying to encourage that kind of behaviour within the EDL.
    Forum Member
    Proof? You are determined to call me racist even though I am not, why is that? I despise the BNP and am offended that you think they are the same as the EDL.

Why would you be offended? Unless of course you are part of the EDL?
    Forum Member
    It was Exeter - Antifacists were in Bedford Square while the EDL were kept further up the high street.

I notice now you said Bedford Square. :o
    Forum Member

But anyway.

The EDL are a threat as they are causing Muslims to feel alienated and scared in their own towns and cities. The EDL are a threat because they scaremounger about Muslims and try to raise tensions in areas where there are high Muslim populations by holding stupid demos and marches. They waste police time and money, they use threatening and provocative behaviour and language to try and get their point across, a point which is based on tabloid lies and prejudice. The EDL leaders, according by yourself, want nothing to do with the thugs and racists, yet do nothing whatsoever to distance themselves from them and seem to be actively trying to encourage that kind of behaviour within the EDL.

There are 2 sides though. Change the EDL to islamic nutters in that paragraph and it's pretty much the same thing.
    Forum Member
    But why do you care so much?

Seriously, do you work for the EDL?

NO one without an insider role in an organisation would take so much time and effort to both promote them and attack those who be little said organisation.

And to suggest the BNP and EDL are unrelated is just nonsense. We all know they are. There is no possible way you can honestly say that members or supporters of the EDL do not vote BNP and you cannot convince anyone that the BNP are not happy about the existence of the EDL.
    Really? I am a supporter of the EDL and funnily enough, I don't vote BNP. In fact, I voted for the Lib Dems - but I won't be making that mistake again. And as for your comment about the BNP not being happy about the EDL's existence, please see this link. http://theenglishdefenceleagueextra.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-nick-griffin-bnp-thinks-of-edl.html
    Forum Member
    Yes, it is. It's ironic that those who claim to oppose fascism are the ones who seek to silence any opposition.

So the EDL are fascist as they want to silence the voice of extreme Islam...which is opposition to them.

Even though it's obvious that those shouting loudest about extreme Islam couldn't organise a piss up in brewery, (if you think about it a real terrorist would not want to draw any attention to themselves), they are still being silenced by the EDL.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extremism of any kind is not a good thing.

Can't we all just get along without hating each other :)
    Forum Member
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    Why would you be offended? Unless of course you are part of the EDL?

I'm offended because as an EDL supporter, I am being labelled as a racist and a BNP voter. What's your opinion of the EDL?
    Forum Member
    So the EDL are fascist as they want to silence the voice of extreme Islam...which is opposition to them.

Even though it's obvious that those shouting loudest about extreme Islam couldn't organise a piss up in brewery, (if you think about it a real terrorist would not want to draw any attention to themselves), they are still being silenced by the EDL.

The MDL may not be terrorists, but their inflammatory and hateful language could easily influence impressionable young people into becoming terrorists.
    Forum Member
    Really? I am a supporter of the EDL and funnily enough, I don't vote BNP. In fact, I voted for the Lib Dems - but I won't be making that mistake again. And as for your comment about the BNP not being happy about the EDL's existence, please see this link. http://theenglishdefenceleagueextra.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-nick-griffin-bnp-thinks-of-edl.html

If you want me to believe you voted libdem then you have failed as there is no way they supported any of the things you seem to like the most.

As for that link, it's an EDL source, which I will not dirty my computer with, so if you want to convince me that the EDL and BNP are not the same them please provide a link from an established, trustworthy source. Not the BNP, EDL, or mouthpiece for the two...the Daily Star.
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member

But anyway.

The EDL are a threat as they are causing Muslims to feel alienated and scared in their own towns and cities. .

You just nailed the problem in one sentence, "their own towns and cities".......
    They segregate themselves and don't wan't to integrate with us.
    Forum Member
    I'm offended because as an EDL supporter, I am being labelled as a racist and a BNP voter. What's your opinion of the EDL?

I agree wih a lot of the stuff they say they are against.
    Forum Member
    The MDL may not be terrorists, but their inflammatory and hateful language could easily influence impressionable young people into becoming terrorists.

And the inflammatory and hateful language used by the EDL can easily influence young people to become racists.