Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    the fact that you never see the snowman move is a bit creepy- like the grandmother's footsteps games we played as children... you never see him move but, if you turn your back, he will somehow get nearer. Not sure how he pays for the gloves either.... :)

If Doctor Who was there he would warn you not to "Blink"
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Three off the top of my head:

Scarlett Johansson in the perfume ad: "I like my lips... for kissing" So stupid.

The Albelli (?) ad where the boy says he's an author because he's made a few crappy photobooks. As if parents would let their son print 'loads of books', photobooks are pretty expensive.

Thandie Newton in the ad for Olay (?), when she says 'I hear all this talk about "I need my BB creams!"...' No one has ever said that sentence. Ever. And the way she says it is incredibly annoying.

And the bread ad with the little boy: "Daddy shesh breakfasht ish the mosht important meal of the day..." :mad:
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one for Susan Boyle and 'Everyone's much waited for album'

No, I have not been waiting for this album at all
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chanel No5 advert with Brad Pitt.

Absolute pretentious toss.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise-ann wrote: »

There was one ad airing recently that was calling her "The World's Greatest Voice"...that's got to be false advertising!

Those bloody Argos Aliens are on again, even as I write this! AARRGGGHHH :mad:
  • crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'Health Lottery' advert. The part where she says 'A Hundred thousand POUNDS' and her voice is practically ultra-sonic at that point.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

Me neither :confused:
  • worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    The Morrisons adverts with the depressing, monotone woman who looks like she's about to overdose. I want to punch the TV every time the advert comes on, ugh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Albelli (?) ad where the boy says he's an author because he's made a few crappy photobooks. As if parents would let their son print 'loads of books', photobooks are pretty expensive.
    :

First time I saw that advert I thought the little boy said " I am a orphan" and I thought aww bless.
    Forum Member
    Cash Converters the ad makes it sound like this magical place what all the family can go to for a day out stuff Disney Land lets go to Cash Converters

KFC the ad what makes out the chef's are some kind of Cordon Bleu trained and not just some saps who throw a bit of chicken in batter and fry it
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    The Chanel No5 advert with Brad Pitt.

Absolute pretentious toss.

I could stand next to Brad Pitt in a lift and not have a clue who he was. :o . Im amused by BT still using the Halloween ad , it makes them look like a " struggling " business that cant afford to make new ads ....I f*cked BT off months ago ....their ads WERE a factor in that decision. :cool:
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    There was one ad airing recently that was calling her "The World's Greatest Voice"...that's got to be false advertising!

Those bloody Argos Aliens are on again, even as I write this! AARRGGGHHH :mad:

Oh yeah the Argos aliens....the nation have really taken those to their hearts havent they. :D
    Forum Member
    More of a ad what shocked me is the new (uncut) Lady Gaga perfume ad what had then in frount of something of topless woman I saw it on the Christmas Music channel it's just not what I expected to see while waiting for a Wombling Merry Christmas to come one.

The Stork Liquid Butter ad to make baking things quicker yeah that entire 10 seconds it saves I'm going to do a lot with.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,374
    Forum Member
    conceptas wrote: »
    The husband (according to previous posts) is not lazy, he's the worker and the provider but if you believe the Londoners post above take on this, the women are also the workers now so not only is this Asda woman holding down a full-time job, she's also doing all the Xmas stuff as well .. phew ! Pretty hardy, London women :D

So Women outside of London dont work full time then, lucky you!
    goonst wrote: »
    What are you talking about? I was talking about those portrayals (women doing the domestic stuff and men not) as bullshit gender roles, not as if they're true or right. :confused:

Having re' read your post, I think I may have misinterpreted it :D Im so used to men spouting that crap I automatically assumed you were too! apologies, maybe you should have put a :rolleyes: on there. :)
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QUOTE]

Most of them don't have to because the cost of living is half what it is in London, yet they're constantly pleading poverty and thinking we are all living in the lap of luxury. Sorry...back on topic, out of all those ghastly supermarket Christmas ads, Morrison's has to be the worst of the lot. Back in a previous life when I was cooking the festive meal for the family, everyone had to do their bit - and if they didn't, I just stopped what I was doing and said "No help? No dinner".
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Tesco adverts - one of them has a little boy at the window and it plays Right Here Waiting Fir You (I think).
    I get the boy is waiting for Santa but WTF does that song otherwise have to do with Christmas? They've just randomly slotted their IPhone list into the ads :confused:
  • Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I like M&S food but the guy on the ad sounds like a ponce.
    Bring back Dervla Kirwan!

If its him that was in Spooks then ponce is spot on, hate its voice:mad:
  • Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it comes as a CD made of paper then i'll have something to wipe my but with this xmas:D
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The TK Maxx Christmas advert featuring a cast of hipsters. Now ... the last place a bearded hipster will get his hipster suit and shoes would be TK Max.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one where the woman makes a cup of coffee/tea while some chav in a call centre tries to sell her loft in-shu-lay-shun. Annoying.:mad:
  • BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    The Ariel ad with that annoying chavvy guy talking about his shirts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Having re' read your post, I think I may have misinterpreted it :D Im so used to men spouting that crap I automatically assumed you were too! apologies, maybe you should have put a :rolleyes: on there. :)

Haha, no worries, I know the feeling. :D The dig about Glasgow was a bit harsh though. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freederm "Good morning FREEDOM" Urgh. Go away.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,374
    Forum Member
    goonst wrote: »
    Haha, no worries, I know the feeling. :D The dig about Glasgow was a bit harsh though. :eek:

Oh I wasnt having a dig at Glasgow! I just used it as the example as that was your location :o in fact my Husband was born and bred just outside Glasgow! so It was not personal.:)
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ariel ad with that annoying chavvy guy talking about his shirts.
    I didn't like that ad until someone pointed out that it's taking the piss out of the 'lad' type. Watch the other guy on the couch.
This discussion has been closed.