Lulu

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    No, Lulu doesn't have a mini-me version of her own! :D

Probably 21stCenturyBoy was referring to her daughter-in-law who may have been in the audience at the time.

It was a typo for dancer :blush:
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many people know this, but Lulu once wore a false beard and played a gig in Afghanistan under the name of Fella Tiome. Even more remarkable is that she was accompanied by Donovan on the traditional dutar, while Dani Harrison played the kafir harp - both were heavily disguised and played for expenses only.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Milf, i would :D

Reminds me of some open air concert (pissed it down) I was at in Hertfordshire. Blue were top of the bill and denied they were splitting up , next week they split up :D Any way she had a slot and these young guys behind me were saying cor I would do her, she really fit for an old bird

Made me laugh!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Same thing with Patti Boyd, read her biography and she prattled on about her special relationship with George, how they were "soul mates" completely ignoring the fact that he was married to Olivia for years and had a child with her. Deluded.

Patti was with George for 10 years. Meet on the set of "A Hard Day's Night" in 1964, married George in 1966 and spilt with George in 1974. Yeah, she was obviously deluded in thinking they had a special relationship!

Joking aside. Patti was deluded about she and her husband being soul mates.
    Like all of the Beatles, George was serially unfaithul to his wife (or girlfriend in Paul's case).
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a very lovely lady. I'm a big fan of her music. I've got her 2003 Greatest Hits album, plus the DVD of To Sir With Love and her autobiography 'I Don't Wanna Fight'.

She was good in Absolutely Fabolous too! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ae-0MHuSnso#t=346

My all-time favourite Lulu song has to be Independance from 1993. I like her version of I Don't Wanna Fight too! :cool: As far as I know, Lulu wrote the song, then had a top ten hit with it. About a year or so later, Tina Turner covered it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody think it's spooky that Lulu is ulul spelt backwards?
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

Crap!!!! She must be one of David Icke's lizards.:o:D
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder if anybody has told her?! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She chose the name as a reference to her birthplace, Ulul, which is a small village in the state of Chuuk, one of the Federated States of Micronesia.

It is also representative of her ululating vocal sounds, first developed in the traditional ceremonies she attended with her Jewish parents.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Cilla of the North, me neighbour would say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cilla of the North, me neighbour would say.
    But that's only because they both have an extra little toe on the right foot. There's no vocal similarity at all.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    She's a very lovely lady. I'm a big fan of her music. I've got her 2003 Greatest Hits album, plus the DVD of To Sir With Love and her autobiography 'I Don't Wanna Fight'.

She was good in Absolutely Fabolous too! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ae-0MHuSnso#t=346

My all-time favourite Lulu song has to be Independance from 1993. I like her version of I Don't Wanna Fight too! :cool: As far as I know, Lulu wrote the song, then had a top ten hit with it. About a year or so later, Tina Turner covered it.

Not much sign of a Scottish accent in that clip. Then again, she might have had to put on a well spoken-ish accent for the show.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember a quote attributed to her on the subject of children and her marriage to Robin Gibb: 'I already had a child-his name was Robin Gibb!'
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody know what kind of car Lulu drives? I can imagine it being big but not too flashy; something like a Hyundai i800.

But it could just as easily be a BMW X3 or even an X5. I bet she likes to be able to venture off the beaten track. Yes, that's just the kind of thing Lulu would do.

Iirc when she had her near fatal car crash in August 1979 she was driving a jag.
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, at the time of posting this we are indeed top of the board.:)
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulu's pet grooming business seems to be doing well.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/lulu-s-pet-grooming-reno

And then there's her hypermarket business in the Middle East

http://www.lulugroupinternational.com/retail.php

Fair play, she keeps herself busy.

Oh and here's a picture of Lulu's dog for those who wondered earlier.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    I remember a quote attributed to her on the subject of children and her marriage to Robin Gibb: 'I already had a child-his name was Robin Gibb!'

In fact his name was Maurice Gibb!
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member

Deleted - someone already replied.

They were really young weren't they.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know what Lulu's stance is on Islam and Muslims? :D

She had a relationship with a Muslim gentleman, Asif, for many years, but parted when it became known her sister-in-law is of the Jewish faith.
    Fortunately, the pair parted amicabley, and Lulu has done charity work for both Muslim and Jewish charities since.
  • semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who would win in a fight between Lulu and Katie Price?

There's only one way to find out ..........
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Deleted - someone already replied.

They were really young weren't they.

Indeed Lulu was 20 years old when she married Maurice, then 19 years old, on 18th February 1969.

I'm aware of the fact that Maurice's older brother Barry objected to Maurice & Lulu getting married due to them being so young.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder why she dropped her original accent, it's nothing to be ashamed of
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The strangest thing of all, was why her son went to live with his father John Frieda when he was young. She only mentions he wanted to go to America, but he was under 10 at the time. So you would think she would fight tooth and nail to keep him or move to America and live with him.

There seems to have been some sort of estrangement until her son got married and had children of his own. She has mentioned herself something about them not getting on for a long time.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lulu. She looks fantastic and when she appears on QVC promoting her Time Bomb range I am glued. I also like her sister Edwina and often Edwina rubs the Timebomb cream on her soft skin. Lulu was once a mentor on American Idol and she got the best out of the young American starlets. She performed To sir with love and you can see how great she sounded and blew everyone away.. for Lulu is a Bomb that has blasted throughout time. I wish she was a judge on X Factor, I would sign her up. Here is the link when Lulu appeared on American idol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWHMEOgl-rQ
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a relationship with a Muslim gentleman, Asif, for many years, but parted when it became known her sister-in-law is of the Jewish faith.
    Fortunately, the pair parted amicabley, and Lulu has done charity work for both Muslim and Jewish charities since.
    Lulu's ex husband John Frieda was Jewish. Her son could be deemed Jewish but I know it is the mother's lineage, the distaff side.