Most shocking celebrity moments so far

2»

Comments

• Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ba Na Na wrote: »
    Considering his notorious past i'm surprised that he doesn't have 3 hidden kids. Brown beating up Rihanna was shocking this, to me, was just "what do girls see in this douch3" *eyeroll*.

Child maintenence payments
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    There's been a few moments since I last posted here. The Jeremy Clarkson saga is likely to be a contender for number 1 (in this country). The One Direction boys having to break off their tour because they were caught having flings. Elton and Dolca and Gabbana. Today, Angelina Jolie having her ovaries removed. We've also got various celebs facing jail time for child abuse. Clearly plenty going on this year!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alan29 wrote: »
    That madonna thing wasn't shocking .... it was hilarious.
    That will be in both the shocking and funny lists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If One Direction is about to suddenly break up then we have our number 1 shock of the year!! Only something like a shoot out between Taylor Swift and Kanye could beat that!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah, forgot Brian 'I was everywhere!' Williams of NBC News.
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    If One Direction is about to suddenly break up then we have our number 1 shock of the year!! Only something like a shoot out between Taylor Swift and Kanye could beat that!!

You must have a crystal ball...!

They haven't broken up but Zayn leaving is the first nail in the coffin, surely?!

Personally, it's not shocking to me AT ALL when pop groups (I refuse to call them a "band") break up or a member leaves. We can't expect them to carry on forever and with more money/women/drugs than they would ever imagine, it's bound to implode sooner or later.

The biggest "shock" to me this year would probably be that Kim and Kanye are still together...

:p
  • Options
    CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Perez Hilton's performance on CBB.

Harrison Ford's plane.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zayn jacking in One Direction is the thin end of the wedge. Then we will have a comeback tour a la Take That/Spandau Ballet in 2030 when they are all pushing 40.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Zayn jacking in One Direction is the thin end of the wedge. Then we will have a comeback tour a la Take That/Spandau Ballet in 2030 when they are all pushing 40.

AND they need the money although they always say it is for their fans!! Yeah right:D
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim kar crashi an and the nude photos of her backside and the champaigne glass balanced on top, breaking the internet.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    Another baffled one here! The times that I've heard Kanye referred to as a genius, often by other artists and music critics, genuinely baffles me. I'm no great fan of hip-hop but can appreciate when someone does something a bit special - Eminem became a massive global megastar for good reason - but Kanye.... nope, don't get it at all!

His main occupation these days seems to be pimping his wife out for all and sundry. Well, those who havent seen it all already.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rolf Harris. Hands down. Grew up with him. Saw him on TV, over forty-five years. Seemed one of the nicest, most fun characters around.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strike out the wicked paedos and I honestly find the management and PR teams behind many an act or group WAY more ****ing insidious and creepy than any nip slip or drunken potty mouth from an individual celeb.

I think the general public would be genuinely shocked at how morally unethical some of these teams are prepared to go/be, to keep themselves front 'n' centre and the cash cow flowing, usually in cahoots with a network of beneficiaries all paid to play along.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    You must have a crystal ball...!

They haven't broken up but Zayn leaving is the first nail in the coffin, surely?!

Personally, it's not shocking to me AT ALL when pop groups (I refuse to call them a "band") break up or a member leaves. We can't expect them to carry on forever and with more money/women/drugs than they would ever imagine, it's bound to implode sooner or later.

The biggest "shock" to me this year would probably be that Kim and Kanye are still together...

:p
    Thread revival time because of my 1D prophecy!! :D

Err...what big shocks have happened since March then? Well the biggest British one has to be the rise of Jeremy Corbyn from obscure backbencher to a major political, and may be even, cultural force. He's a celebrity now!! Recent one Jim Carrey's girlfriend's tragic suicide. Unless I'm missing something, it seems to have been a fairly quiet spring and summer.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    Kanye is a brilliant producer, one of the best in the industry. He could certainly be described as a genius when it comes to that. And while he's certainly not the best lyricist or rapper ever, he does have a message in a lot of his songs and doesnt just make chart chasing hits with no substance. He's not afraid to be different and try new things. I personally find his rants quite entertaining, he does talk a lot of crap and at times he can really make you cringe, but he also raises awareness of a lot of humanitarian issues and often speaks out against racial prejudice and homophobia.Theres no way you can tell me that madonna and beyonce or lady gaga or any other big mainstream music star around doesnt also seem like a bit of a dick in reality. so its weird to me that kanye gets singled out, we need more characters like him in the mainstream who are not afraid to speak out and are passionate about everything they do, not just assembly line cut outs who toe the line.

Thank you. Great post.
    People are judging by his public image but there's a reason why he's HIGHLY RESPECTED IN HIS FIELD AND WON 21 GRAMMYS SO FAR.

And some people have the nerve to compare him to Eminem. I personally think that he's not the best rapper but he's a top notch producer and his sound has been and still is very influential in music today.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like kanye not only he's immensely talented/creative but I find his attitude and honesty really refreshing. People most likely dislike him because he doesn't behave like a black man of his stature is supposed to. He's not supposed to be outspoken. It makes a nice change for 90% of high profile celibrities who are just fake/nice/ hypocrites. People dislike him like he committed crimes or something :confused:when like someone else already mentioned they are A LOT OF CELEBRITIES WHO behave more or less like he does but do not get this amount of vitriol.

He is really so misunderstood it's crazy. That man is so intelligent. I guarantee that any of his detractors watching his interviews will somehow change their perception about him. Thankfully , he truly doesn't give a F*****ck about public opinion. Oh and it's definetely the popular thing to do to hate him so of course everyone jump on the bandwagon. ^_^^_^

Nothing he does shock me anymore so I don't know why he got the most votes so far.

ONE DIRECTION splitting up genuinely shocked me. Well I knew it was going to eventually happen but I didn't imagine it will be THIS year.

All the high profiles hollywood seperation/divorces kind of shocked me as well. I wonder if there's something in the water :o:confused:. It has been a record for 2015 so far :o
  • Options
    RubyVicksterRubyVickster Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I think we are likely to have:
    * Bruce Jenner's transition
    * Kanye's plans to run for president
    * Zayn leaving 1D
    * Robin Williams suicide
    * Bobbi Kristina Brown's death
    * Kylie Jenner's lips
    * Nicki Minaj vs Miley Cyrus at the VMAs
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we are likely to have:
    * Bruce Jenner's transition
    * Kanye's plans to run for president
    * Zayn leaving 1D
    * Robin Williams suicide
    * Bobbi Kristina Brown's death
    * Kylie Jenner's lips
    * Nicki Minaj vs Miley Cyrus at the VMAs

Robin Williams committed suicide last year.
  • Options
    RubyVicksterRubyVickster Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Robin Williams committed suicide last year.

Oops, that won't be on the list then.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1D's Louis Tomlinson's impending fatherhood.