Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes and no ..
    'It was fun, it was quirky, it wasn’t trying to be sexual. I would never do something I didn’t want to do, or get told that’s the 'lane’ to be in at the moment. The lane. Everyone is competing in the same lane. F***k off, I’d rather be in my own lane.'

When you compare a lot of the stuff she did in Girls Aloud to some of the stuff you see today with some artists, then she's got a point. Sorry for the sensible, non-ranting answer :)
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Well yes and no ..

When you compare a lot of the stuff she did in Girls Aloud to some of the stuff you see today with some artists, then she's got a point. Sorry for the sensible, non-ranting answer :)

Yeah right but check out first photo on the article, Cheyl did that few months ago. She IS hypocritical.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the woman who posted pictures of her tattooed arse on the internet, and spends most of her time gyrating on stage in her underwear.
    FFS.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Yeah right but check out first photo on the article, Cheyl did that few months ago. She IS hypocritical.

You consider that picture "sexual" then ?
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,968
    Forum Member
    Well yes and no ..

So when she does it, it's fun and quirky but anyone else is doing it they're sexualising themselves to sell their music. Hmmmmmm, no I'll stick with my original view. Hypocritical. She says she wouldn't do anything she didn't want too but is assuming others are:confused:
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I consider it laughable, but then gusset-flashing really is not my thing.

Her hypocrisy is equally laughable. She'll be telling us she got where she is through talent and hard work soon.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a little bit, eh? Blimey, Cheryl. You're dafter than I thought.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That DM article made me laugh because I'm guessing they also feel she's being a hypocrite which is why they decided to post endless pictures of her wearing very little :D:p

TBH reading her latest interview, whilst she tried to make some good points about the music industry, in the end I just thought "get off your high horse".
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at all the photos of Cheryl...scantily clad and flashing flesh!

I don't think using her outfits in Girls Aloud as an example of how it was tongue in cheek is valid as she continues to wear minimal clothing for promotional shoots and performances today. Besides that, I don't agree that the intention wasn't to sexualise Girls Aloud's performances and videos, however much "fun" they were having. In any case that doesn't explain the second photo down or what she has worn in her more "serious" solo career (which she has successfully avoided mentioning!).

As for other artists being pressured, well maybe they are but I don't know that and I don't see how Cheryl can draw that conclusion either! Not without asking each in turn.

As it happens I agree with Cheryl re: sexualisation of the music industry and especially female artists, and I don't think the revealing outfits are necessary if you have the talent... in any case, my issue is purely the hypocrisy. Maybe she has grown up a bit and seen the light (well, the light in my opinion), but in that case just admit you have done the same and people will have more respect for your points in my opinion...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why Cheryl is so beloved by the nation when she comes across as a very unlikable person. Her rant about taxes the other day was especially pathetic.
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you look at some of the clothes Girls Aloud wore you'd probably see what Cheryl was talking about.
    Sweetums wrote: »
    I don't know why Cheryl is so beloved by the nation when she comes across as a very unlikable person. Her rant about taxes the other day was especially pathetic.

What rant exactly? People only seemed to read the headline and jump to conclusions. I don't think it was exactly a rant saying she feels responsible to read parties policy's because she pays a lot of tax and wants to know it is being spent correctly... :confused:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetums wrote: »

I think Cheryl comes across as okay. I'm sure loads of others out there would agree as well.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, unless she's just steam cleaned her thrupenny on Gwynnie's advice and she's letting it dry, I don't see that it's anything else.

I mean it's about as erotic as curdled milk but I think the intent is obvious. A splayed crotch is about as sexual as it gets, really.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just goes in for the pics.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the sentiment. I just think the source gives it no substance. Had this quote come from Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Paloma etc, then it would be taken more seriously.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'It was fun, it was quirky, it wasn’t trying to be sexual. I would never do something I didn’t want to do, or get told that’s the 'lane’ to be in at the moment. The lane. Everyone is competing in the same lane. F***k off, I’d rather be in my own lane.'
    Is that you driving in the right hand lane 90 miles an hour at night in your Range Rover and not budging, Cheryl? I'm fed up of drivers like you in my Bugatti.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flowes wrote: »

No she has just grown up and married, not a teenager who wears what she is told to wear..and .Kylie went through that too....as she got older, she was covering up more...she doesn't still wear gold hot pants.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    No she has just grown up and married, not a teenager who wears what she is told to wear..and .Kylie went through that too....as she got older, she was covering up more...she doesn't still wear gold hot pants.

But I think that's the point, Cheryl isn't covering up more now, if anything she's wearing less now in her solo videos since leaving Girls Aloud. In one of her videos last year she was wearing a black bra and nothing more covering her top half. She was wearing very little in some of her calendar shots as well.

I agree largely with the point she was making, but people are finding it difficult to take her seriously.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    What a dick she is.

And even Jason Watkins has stopped trying to defend her so it must be bad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a dick she is.

And even Jason Watkins has stopped trying to defend her so it must be bad!

She's a dick for complaining about the mansion tax? It's not very much to be called a dick for.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypocrite much, Cheryl? Pot, Kettle, Black.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    She's a dick for complaining about the mansion tax? It's not very much to be called a dick for.

Okay, I totally cocked that up. I must have been thinking of another thread about her when I made that post.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

I imagine the poster was referring to her sanctimonious comments regarding women using their sexuality to get ahead as opposed to her views on mansion tax. They are right, she is a dick. This girl has nothing to offer but her looks and has exploited them and her sexuality to the max. She can't sing, she doesn't write any of her hits, she gets on her soapbox about everything and spews unintelligent, expletive filled rants. Frankly, I'm so pleased her sales are diminishing. Hopefully she'll be dropped soon and she can enjoy a comfortable lifestyle without being given a public platform to give us her opinions.
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,968
    Forum Member
    I imagine the poster was referring to her sanctimonious comments regarding women using their sexuality to get ahead as opposed to her views on mansion tax. They are right, she is a dick. This girl has nothing to offer but her looks and has exploited them and her sexuality to the max. She can't sing, she doesn't write any of her hits, she gets on her soapbox about everything and spews unintelligent, expletive filled rants. Frankly, I'm so pleased her sales are diminishing. Hopefully she'll be dropped soon and she can enjoy a comfortable lifestyle without being given a public platform to give us her opinions.

Thank you. You are absolutely right, I was referring to her comments regarding women using their sexuality to get ahead, particularly when she has done that very thing herself and done very nicely out if it so, find it hypocritical when she judges others' right to do it.
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also moaning about paying mansion tax is laughable, when she has all that money. The poor and the disabled should not have to suffer even more, because of the rich and their tax breaks.