Kula Shaker return!!

performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes, it appears that Kula Shaker are back from the dead. I heard rumours of this a couple of weeks ago and now they've got a new website, kulashakermusic.com where it says they're gonna be doing some live shows and offering downloads in the future. I was a fan of their's years ago so I'm bloody pleased about this. Crispian Mills has done a couple of albums with his band The Jeevas since Kula Shaker split up and they were great, but different to KS.

It seems Jay Darlington isn't going to be rejoining the band. He still plays keyboard for Oasis so maybe that's why. Unless he just doesn't want to get back with Kula Shaker. Still, whether they replace him or not I can't wait to hear a new KS album, which I presume is gonna happen 'cause they've been working on new material. Don't know what anyone else thinks of this.

Comments

• COAXCOAX Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yey kula shaker are good :D
  • ironflowerironflower Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, I'd forgotton about them! Menswear popped into my head the other day too! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    And Shed Seven!
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    govinda jayajaya
  • spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    K was good, the other album wasn't. The Jeevas were dire. Approaching this one with caution, I think.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not showing much enthusiasm this end either. A very average band who eventually drowned in their own averageness.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree, I don't think they were an average band. And I prefer the second album, Peasants Pigs & Astronauts to K. Mystical Machine Gun, Shower Your Love and Sound Of Drums were great singles from PP&A. Most people just remember them for the Indian influence, I think. Everyone should definitely listen to Kollected, which is the best of Kula Shaker.
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their cover of "Hush" was nowhere near as good as the original IMHO.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their EP 'Revenge Of The King' is great. A nice track called 'Troubador' is on there too. Looking forward to the new album if it's like this.

http://www.kulashakermusic.com/home.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they played a lot of great new songs on their recent tour, so the album should be pretty good!
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    What was their most famous song called, the one that was played all the time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're probably referring to 'Govinda', or maybe 'Hush'?