Options

Who would have won IF they'd stuck to the original categories?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep:

"Rebecca Ferguson
    Born October 19, 1983 (1983-10-19) (age 27)"

So, BOTH Matt and Recca would have been in Louies category... wow he was definitely screwed
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only chance to have a non-Matt win would have been if Gamu went through to the lives.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still can't really remember why they decided to shift the age ranges (can anybody jog my memory?) and can't help but feel the whole thing was to do with bloody Wand Erection. If the boys' category had stayed as Under 25s they'd have lost Matt and Marlon and then would have been hard pushed not to put Liam through (I can't think of any other under 25s who missed out and the rest of the Wands weren't good enough, although I'm sure some would argue Harry's case).

That leaves the "overs" as the strongest group by a mile with the likes of Matt, Rebecca, Treyc and Marlon who was pretty good going up against Mary who was the only real contender on offer (although I did like the guy with the big musical theatre voice and big ears - Justin?).

If Simon HAD lined Liam up all along to go in a boy band then moving the age goalpost was the only option. I know Nicole Pussycat is supposed to have come up with it but as all the other judges were following a script throughout, why not her too?

I know Louis gets a lot of stick for picking dated songs, but when he's given dated artists to work with, I'm not really surprised. Despite the abuse he gets from Simon and on here, he isn't an idiot and I think that ultimately a victory for Matt would have been inevitable but, leaving the ages as intended would have been good for the show as

- we'd have been spared Wand Erection
    - some decent groups could have gone through instead and actually been contenders
    - Belle Amie may well have been formed and gone through but would actually have been given some attention from their mentor as they showed a lot more potential than the Wands at the judges' house stage
    - the "overs" would not have been the joke category, which would have been better for the show long-term as, hilarious as I found Wagner, I'd have preferred to see strong acts in every category
    - Nicolo would definitely have had more attention from Dannii and would, I think, have lasted longer
    - putting aside the Visa issues, taking Rebecca and Treyc out of the girls' category would have seen Gamu go through, taking away the ridiciculous controversy that wrecked the early stages of the lives)
  • Options
    BillieABillieA Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take your full flavoured 'all senses in tact' ignorance and hand to you Matt Cardle, XFactor Winner 2010 .... can sing anything thrown at him.:rolleyes:

Anyone who doesn't agree is ignorant :rolleyes:

How sadly representative of such a large part of Matt's deluded fanbase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BillieA wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't agree is ignorant :rolleyes:

How sadly representative of such a large part of Matt's deluded fanbase.

Kinda have to agree with threecheeses- Matt could sing pretty much anything and it sounded good to me.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going with those categories OP I would have to say I would have suspected that Nicolo would have stayed a lot longer than he did. As Danni wouldn't have made the wrong choices in regards to his style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't really remember why they decided to shift the age ranges (can anybody jog my memory?) and can't help but feel the whole thing was to do with bloody Wand Erection.

It was nothing to do with One Direction. It was to prevent a particular contestant's chances suffering due to the stigma of the overs.
    I think the only chance to have a non-Matt win would have been if Gamu went through to the lives.

Why do you think she wasn't put through?
    Winterland wrote: »
    Matt. It makes no difference which category they are in, cream rises to the top.

Just like hot air.
    irish-óg wrote: »
    Kinda have to agree with threecheeses- Matt could sing pretty much anything and it sounded good to me.

Having had the pleasure of hearing Mr Cardle perform many times over the years, I didn't need his dodgier X Factor performances for me to know that he very definitely cannot sing anything he tries to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was nothing to do with One Direction. It was to prevent a contestant's chances suffering due to the stigma of the overs.

yeh, id say mainly Rebbecca and Matt benifited from the age change- i think it actually was probably a hindrance for TreyC, as she could have been a big fish in the overs, rather than the forgetable one in the girls
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    This interesting. I think Matt still would have gotten very far. I think it would have still been a Matt/Rebecca final two, but Rebecca perhaps could have won it instead, though not necessarily. It's hard to tell how it would have affected Paije, Aiden and Nicolo, although I suspect all 3 of them would have been seen as more serious contenders for the win - not saying we would have though of them as possible winners, but perhaps moreso than we did. I mean, I don't think anyone ever thought any of those 3 had a chance at winning. But I think if Matt hadn't been in the boys category, one of the boys would have been singled out as the strongest for Dannii, probably Aiden or Nicolo, Aiden if Nicolo was still voted out so soon.

EDIT: Realised that sounds weird seeing as Paije actually got further than both of them, I just think that's how it would have gone.
  • Options
    Sparkle79Sparkle79 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Matt still!
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I can't help but think that Louis would have ruined Matt and Rebecca :o