Android TV set boxes

Anyone tried them I was recommended by a friend. Watch all the latest movies just out at the cinema and all the latest tv shows.
Been watching Breaking Bad from the beginning and seen Gone Girl . Even has the latest Terminator movie on and its not been released yet !
Mind it sticks a lot due to streaming , buffering all the time which gets on my nerves.
But surely they are illegal. Going to put cinemas and sky/netflix out of business.
Everything is free ! Just buy a box and thats it . One payment.

Anyone tried them>

Mines an MX android box, loads on ebay for sale so i summise they are legal for now !

Comments

• mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are able to find a stream of the latest Terminator movie (Terminator: Genisys), then that stream/provider is definitely not kosher (and could be a leaked copy). According to the article linked to below, it's not due for release (in the US) until July 1st, June 25th in New Zealand, and possibly 3rd July in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's it like for Football?
  • Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    If you are able to find a stream of the latest terminator movie, then that stream/provider is definitely not kosher (and could be a leaked copy). According to the article linked to below, it's not due for release (in the US) until July 1st, June 25th in New Zealand

The script was leaked, but not heard anything about the movie being leaked - maybe it's a trailer they've seen - but you never know, The Expendables 3 was leaked 3 months before initially release, Terminator Genisys being such a high profile movie I suppose anything can happen.
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Anyone tried them I was recommended by a friend. Watch all the latest movies just out at the cinema and all the latest tv shows.
    Been watching Breaking Bad from the beginning and seen Gone Girl . Even has the latest Terminator movie on and its not been released yet !
    Mind it sticks a lot due to streaming , buffering all the time which gets on my nerves.
    But surely they are illegal. Going to put cinemas and sky/netflix out of business.

Anyone tried them>

Mines an MX android box, loads on ebay for sale so i summise they are legal for now !

A car is legal to own and operate. But speeding is an offence. So are cars legal or not? ..... That's an analogy for the Android boxes. The box is perfectly legal, as are several of the online streaming services it can access (Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc). But the box can also run apps that access sites that clearly stream content outside of official channels ( ;-) ).

As for the buffering, it's less likely to the box and more likely to be the speed of the host's servers, or maybe the internet speed from your ISP, or maybe if you're using wireless in the home. I have an MX box too. I'm in the process of ripping all my DVDs to a NAS drive doing it in 1:1. File sizes vary between 3 and 5Gb. That's more than highly compressed HD file. My own files stream perfectly from the NAS via wireless, so my guess is it's issues with the data over the net.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall ask again what is it like for Football?
  • trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

nahh , it would break ,,,,,, your better off with a normal ball
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member

Havent tried it for footy yet but there is a way to get all Sky channels and i'm sure you would be able to get live football .Just need to know what to download to get it !

Watched The Boy NExt Door movie tonight...wish i hadnt ...really bad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do these have all the sky movies and sports channels?
    Forum Member
    Do these have all the sky movies and sports channels?

It's got all the sky channels, but you don't need sky movies because Genesis is there and has loads of movies, all the latest one!
    Haven't seen sky sports, but has NSBC american sports channel which also shows all the premiership matches and cup games if you have a VPN code which you can buy from Google play for. 23 quid a year which is a lot cheaper than sky etc.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone tried them>

Android TV boxes have been available in this country for years - there's nothing wrong with them as it's essentially no more than having a tablet connected to your TV.

Everything is "free" in the same way that the same content is available on the internet for "free" - in that it's not actually "free", you're just downloading it illegally.
    Forum Member
    It's got all the sky channels, but you don't need sky movies because Genesis is there and has loads of movies, all the latest one!
    Haven't seen sky sports, but has NSBC american sports channel which also shows all the premiership matches and cup games if you have a VPN code which you can buy from Google play for. 23 quid a year which is a lot cheaper than sky etc.

Infact you can get this on your tablet or laptop. Just download the KODI apk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does 1channel and IceFilms seem not to work? When I click on any menus in them they are all blank so any ideas anyone?
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or does 1channel and IceFilms seem not to work? When I click on any menus in them they are all blank so any ideas anyone?

Yea some of my apps on there are blank
    Only on Genesis every thing works. Ice films works on Genesis. Just download that apk. Search for it in system, files
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah already have Genesis just that I am looking at every available options.
    Forum Member
    Yeah already have Genesis just that I am looking at every available options.

Sometimes hard work trying to watch something. Sometimes stream not found, then its buffering all the time. HD progs are almost impossible to stream especially wireless connection.
    SD is better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live TV pretty much a no go too.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you running it through Kodi ?

If you are, go to the add-on settings and choose "General". There you can enter the URL you want to use so just find a working proxy and it'll work fine - works perfectly for me.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1channel and icefilms are blocked by most UK ISP, you'll need a proxy server to use them.

In answer to original question, well duh of course the streams are illegal.
  • Mr DosMr Dos Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe the OP could tell us all just where he thinks the latest films and TV shows he is watching are coming from. Is there a magic shop where all copyright material is free ?

When the government released details of the Digital Economy Act, it said the first response would be to send out letters aimed at educating alleged infringers, informing them that what they were doing was illegal. How we all laughed - how could anyone not realise they were breaking the law by downloading free movies, software etc ?

I guess the educational letters were aimed at dudes like the OP. He believes there's a magic free shop. I bought it on eBay is not a defence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you running it through Kodi ?

If you are, go to the add-on settings and choose "General". There you can enter the URL you want to use so just find a working proxy and it'll work fine - works perfectly for me.
    Cheers pal will give that a go.