Would you have an affair with someone in a relationship?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
Forum Member
You are single and they are in a relationship. You know about it, would you still go ahead?

Comments

• TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _drak wrote: »
    You are single and they are in a relationship. You know about it, would you still go ahead?

Been there, done that. It's shite. They normally end up going back to their orignal partner and you feel like crap.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    I have done. It was OK.
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair I don't think 'cheating' is as big of a deal as it has been. Of course it is a big deal to certain indivuals but in the decline of marriage, not many seem THAT distraught in the long term.

However I think it's different being in a marriage and being cheated on rather than courting etc. Just my opinion.
  • lisa02lisa02 Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone who pursues someone who is already in a relationship is scum.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who's in a relationship that's not gutted when their partner cheats on them, they shouldn't have been in it.
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa02 wrote: »

Thank you.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member

The person who cheats while in a relationship is more scummy.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's fine in theory but it's been my experience that that is how the majority of relationships start these days. People (I must say especially women) now tend to hang on in relationships their not interested in just waiting for someone else to come along.

Either that or the break up is a direct result of the person being persued by someone else.

In other words, not going after people in relationships seems to significantly reduce your opportunities to find someone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Dad cheated on my Mum with her best friend when I was 5. My Dad then married her and cheated on her 2 weeks after the wedding with his high school sweetheart. (He told me she was someone he was fixing a door for! :( )

Then my Mum remarried and cheated on her husband with the next door neighbour (he turned put to be a complete psycho and although I hate to even think it it does remind me of the word karma!)

I have seen the heartbreak that adultery has caused and think it should be made a criminal offence!

I have no other opinions except that if you cheat...you are scum!!!

(I'm not sorry if this is harsh)
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would like to say no, but who knows what the future has in stall for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's fine in theory but it's been my experience that that is how the majority of relationships start these days. People (I must say especially women) now tend to hang on in relationships their not interested in just waiting for someone else to come along.

Either that or the break up is a direct result of the person being persued by someone else.

In other words, not going after people in relationships seems to significantly reduce your opportunities to find someone.

Then we need a bit more honesty in the world.

I know. Be realistic, that's never going to happen. LoL.

Is it worth breaking up someone's marriage/partnership just to make your life better? I don't agree.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone is willing to cheat on a partner and mess about with someone else they are not very loyal or trustworthy are they. If they get away with it for a long time they are a very good liar and highly deceitful. I wouldn't want to be with someone capable of that.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then we need a bit more honesty in the world.

I know. Be realistic, that's never going to happen. LoL.

Is it worth breaking up someone's marriage/partnership just to make your life better? I don't agree.

I didn't say it was right; just how things are.
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What if the person in the relationship is doing the pursuing, knowing how you feel about them , and you can't avoid them?
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If the person who is married has got to the stage of having an affair - i'd say the marriage/partnership has in most cases run its course anyway.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit difficult to have an affair with someone who isn't in a relationship. :p

If they are offering it on a plate, it would be difficult to refuse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

It takes two to tango, and I would say the guy or girl in the relationship who cheats is more "scum" than the single one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If someone is in a relationship they are out of bounds.

As the single person, suely it must make you wonder if they can do it to their current partner they can do it to you.

As the married/in a relationship person you have no respect,decency, human compassion or anything positive.

Read my previous post and you will see why I feel so strongly about it.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't always that way round. How about the person in the relationship is doing the pursuing for ages, even years, and the person being pursued has been on their own for even more years and could easily give up the fight?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ff999 wrote: »
    It isn't always that way round. How about the person in the relationship is doing the pursuing for ages, even years, and the person being pursued has been on their own for even more years and could easily give up the fight?

By accepting that person, you are accepting adultery therefore you are not a good person. That is just my opinion though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave my opinion on single people going after someone who is married or in a relationship. That's what the thread was about.

A person should not go after someone who is already in a relationship.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It takes two to tango, and I would say the guy or girl in the relationship who cheats is more "scum" than the single one.

I agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Done it in the past, was warned by others not to get involved but I ignored them and paid the price.
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have done it - lots of times.
    It's fine as long as you keep it light and don't want to get too emotionally involved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adultery Is Wrong!!!!