EE TV Box - Possible Improvements

Couldn't see another thread discussing these, but I received mine yesterday.

When I first bought a PVR, I did so with no research or knowledge on the subject whatsoever and purchased a Humax PVR-9150T purely on liking the look of it, and I seemed to strike really lucky as it has been great. They also did software updates that made it even better. I remember a thread in the Humax forums about what improvements people would like to see so, in that spirit...

1) Cache the EPG. Seriously, it's really slow and you have to reload every time you go into it.

2) Add a search function for the EPG - It's a pain in the bum having to know the time and day and scroll through to that. And search by Genres so I can see what movies are coming up

3) Be able to record from Replay. It's already on your disk, so why not let us keep it permanently.

4) Have a single-press skip-forward and skip-back

5) At the moment, Replay can only work on two MUXes at a time, and EE choose those MUXes for you, so you are restricted to the channels that it will work on. Keep to the two MUXes, but let me choose them. This may not seem the noblest of reasons, but if I had Pick and Dave on Replay, there would always be something to watch.

6) Why no browser ? Surely that's a no-brainer for EE, isn't it ?

7) On the iPhone App Remote Control, make the Volume an Up/Down button like the Programme. Slider's are too hit and miss for my fat fingers

Any more for any more ? Apart from my usual fear of change, it all seems nice enough.

Comments

• Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This could be discussed here, but other than chewing the fat is there much point? We aren't the developers of the product, so it's very unlikely that anything we say here is going to make one iota of difference to the feature-set or how the product works.

Sorry, I'm not trying to pee on your bonfire, just simply saying that if you're looking for an answer to a specific problem then we can help, or we can empathise perhaps. Humax seemed far more responsive to input. EE is a Telecoms billing company and not a hardware manufacturer. I'd be very surprised if they're anywhere near as supportive.