Options

Britney Spears *Appreciation Thread*

Comments

• Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    AdzBrown wrote: »
    Didn't the UK Top 10 sell more than the US Top 10 last week?

Singles or albums?:)

I'll check that out...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear I heard it about the albums charts. Don't know if it's true though lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney doing well in the US will continue the trend of her albums, most have sold over half a million in the US. and except Blackout all her albums have gone platinum or multiplatinum in the UK.

And i do hope it sells strongly here in the UK, gets to #1 and really sells it's arse off! like Recovery, LOUD or even Take That's Progress! :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What amazing news to see on the front page regarding the new single next week.

I can't wait, Could we see a Britney V Gaga chart battle over here? Would be brilliant for both of them, such an exciting start to the year coming up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe a chart battle would do Britney good. It would create a lot of extra publicity. I could also see Britney winning, this single is more anticipated than Gaga's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see them pitted against each other, but I think both would be more respectful than Christina was. I couldn't see Britney being all patronising and disregard Gaga as not being a threat (And then sell 2 dozen albums like Xtina did)

I could see Britney reaching number 1, then Gaga taking over the following week. In terms of Albums I think Gaga would win, but having them maybe twice go head to head would be great, and then the ultimate could happen further down the line at the VMAs or something, with them both performing together, would be truly amazing.
  • Options
    Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as i love both artists, i will always have a soft spot for Britney.

Its always the most exciting time when she has singles and an album out.

To pit Gaga and Britney against each other would be a terrible idea. Personally i can see Gaga coming out on top unfortunately...She is so strong when it comes to downloads and mega selling albums.

It can only damage Britney and will be constantly compared to Gaga which is incredibly annoying for a devoted fan like me of Britney.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney's single is far more anticipated throughout hype, media attention etc. and the title is only through speculation.

Born This Way is anticipated but technically we're still in phase one of Gaga, and it's all too soon and with her working with RedOne I think we can all tell what it will sound like.

Britney's is going to be totally different to what has gone before by far! and it has been two years since her last album etc. and the level of hype and forums active etc. it's just rediculously high!

also Britney is the MOST anticipated album of 2011 with Madonna, Bono, Gaga, Coldplay and Beyonce in that order behind according to a poll i read on poorbritney.com (actually loving reading the forums on there!)

cannot wait! i need to hear it!!!!!!! and at least an album title too :)
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Scoobyh1 wrote: »

To pit Gaga and Britney against each other would be a terrible idea. Personally i can see Gaga coming out on top unfortunately...She is so strong when it comes to downloads and mega selling albums.

It can only damage Britney and will be constantly compared to Gaga which is incredibly annoying for a devoted fan like me of Britney.

Agreed.

i just have a feeling this era will be huge like ITZ :D i mean the albums taken quite a while to come out shes clearly taken her time with it we just have wait and see if it pays off. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scoobyh1 wrote: »

I would hate it! i hated it when it was Britney vs Xtina with their music and albums! i love both of them and i think it affected Christina's sales for Stripped (although it sold a lot! and it's an incredible album it could have sold more i think had it not been for the media being so derogatory) it was Stripped vs Britney and In The Zone and everything!

but Britney selling in her own rights and having the praise for her album will earn so much credit for her! and i feel that while Gaga is overhyped and on overload! Britney will have the bigger success on the quality of the material and the precision and time it has taken to record. It's absolute dedication to art! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a bit of rivalry and competition can only be a good thing.

"Gaga's done 4 live TV appearances? Fine Britney will do 5" etc I can't see either artist getting into bitchy comments, like when Christina is involved, embracing the challenge and striving with it will always work better than ignoring it exists and being swallowed by it.

Britney's sound isn't going to be unlike anything that's ever gone before, Max Martin is behind the new record, I'm praying it is almost exactly like what has gone before. I want another 3 or Baby One More Time.

Without competition artists start to rest on their laurels and it becomes stale and boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Britney doesnt bitch or slag of other artists though, Britney always gets stick from other artists and the critics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a bit of rivalry and competition can only be a good thing.

"Gaga's done 4 live TV appearances? Fine Britney will do 5" etc I can't see either artist getting into bitchy comments, like when Christina is involved, embracing the challenge and striving with it will always work better than ignoring it exists and being swallowed by it.

Britney's sound isn't going to be unlike anything that's ever gone before, Max Martin is behind the new record, I'm praying it is almost exactly like what has gone before. I want another 3 or Baby One More Time.

Without competition artists start to rest on their laurels and it becomes stale and boring.

well in that context yes! i want another HUGE hit like those.

But i meant in direction, Max Martin always makes magic with Britney and his best work has been in their collaborations!

and competition will certainly make everything very exciting! but not rivalries!

also Gaga hasn't had a #1 album in US and Britney hasn't in the UK (yet) so i think 2011 is going to be very exciting!

I just wish we could get conformation on an album title! or hear a snippet of Hold It Against Me! :)
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALBUM NEWS:

'Hold It Against Me' is the new single by Britney Spears premiering on US radio 07/01/2011

It's the lead song off her untitled seventh studio album (out in March 11). The song is produced by Dr. Luke and Max Martin.

Currently the music video is scheduled to be filmed in mid Jan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rumours going round theres a Press Conference tomorrow but my guess is there will be one maybe Monday or just before the single is debut. Maybe Britney will do another Radio interview like she did with Womanizer on Z100.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh yeah! i think the press conference is going to be soon as! not sure about tomorrow however!

i guess it's going to confirm everything, including album title, images etc.

I hope there's amazing photoshots! and striking cover! no doubt about it :)

I hope Radio 1 premieres Hold It Against Me over here too :) and keep it playing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oooh yeah! i think the press conference is going to be soon as! not sure about tomorrow however!

i guess it's going to confirm everything, including album title, images etc.

I hope there's amazing photoshots! and striking cover! no doubt about it :)

I hope Radio 1 premieres Hold It Against Me over here too :) and keep it playing!

Does radio 1 normally get the premiere for her singles. Im sure i recall Scott Mills saying world premiere last year when 3 came out. I think Scott is a fan of Britney so can see him playing it if he has any power over what is played during his show im not sure about the other DJs. Ive heard Fearne praising her before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Britney doesnt bitch or slag of other artists though, Britney always gets stick from other artists and the critics.

Something I've always liked about her, and GaGa. They never get into these silly feuds.:)

I personally don't want a ''rivalry''. Especially since, and let's be honest, GaGa is way bigger than Britney at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does radio 1 normally get the premiere for her singles. Im sure i recall Scott Mills saying world premiere last year when 3 came out. I think Scott is a fan of Britney so can see him playing it if he has any power over what is played during his show im not sure about the other DJs. Ive heard Fearne praising her before

yeah hopefully Radio one get the UK 1st play as Scott Mills is a Britney fan so he might get it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    yeah hopefully Radio one get the UK 1st play as Scott Mills is a Britney fan so he might get it :D

hell yeah!!!!

Pete Tong, Scott Mills and Chris Moyles are a few with power to provide UK premieres on Radio 1 i believe!

they have done so many premieres for Madonna, Britney, P!nk, Rihanna, Eminem and various other international big names!

so here's hoping they do! and i am sure they will :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to hearing the new single.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing the new single.

:D

i am so excited too! wish the premier was sooner! New Years Day or something :)

i am really excited for it AAAHH!!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Insane" demo

don't know if it's gonna be on the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    "Insane" demo

don't know if it's gonna be on the album.

Hardly.:)

Nobody likes putting leaked demos on the final album.
    But they could put a couple on iTunes bonuses, or a deluxe edition.
This discussion has been closed.