Is it just me or are the main soaps in a storyline slump?

~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
Forum Member
I'm an avid watcher of the three main soaps, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and EastEnders but, in my opinion, all three seem to be going downhill with their ongoing and boring storylines.

Emmerdale's Ruby wanting a baby is turning out to be a turn-off, I like Ruby and she has potential as a character but her onscreen partner, Ali, is just awful and drags Ruby's character down. Ali is the epitome of an alley cat (pun intended), common and vile, she has no place in a village like Emmerdale, she should be in a council flat in some run-down area of a big city, she isn't country folk at all.

The affair between Tina and Peter? Tedious and uninteresting, mostly because the Tina of old would have been more worldly wise than to get herself involved with an alcoholic weed of a bigamist. The longer it goes on, the more bored I'm getting.

Now to EastEnders, is there anything at all to get excited about and urging you to wait impatiently for the next episode with baited breath? No. Is there any storyline that's gripping? Not for me, not even the corpse in the coffin which obviously isn't Nasty Nick.

The only interesting storyline in all three of them is the Belle Dingle debacle and even that has been badly written albeit wonderfully acted by Eden Taylor-Draper and her onscreen father, Steve Halliwell. I hope that those two are recognised for the touching scene that they did together when Belle finally confessed to her father.

Comments

• grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think CS is in a slump but EE and HO are still good. Ignoring the gangster crap on HO the sls are preety good make rape when it isn't sensationalist, the DV sl, baby Katy's death and I'm enjoying anything to do with Sienna and I like seeing her going after Peri and her brain tumour is enjoyable also Brownings murder is good. EE has some good sls ATM and when I watch it i actually enjoy it. I did watch ED only for a short period but it was very boring.
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its not ust you they are all pretty boring atm the only one thats even half decent is EE.
    HO is by far the WORST atm.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    I think CS is in a slump but EE and HO are still good. Ignoring the gangster crap on HO the sls are preety good make rape when it isn't sensationalist, the DV sl, baby Katy's death and I'm enjoying anything to do with Sienna and I like seeing her going after Peri and her brain tumour is enjoyable also Brownings murder is good. EE has some good sls ATM and when I watch it i actually enjoy it. I did watch ED only for a short period but it was very boring.
    hetty100 wrote: »
    No its not ust you they are all pretty boring atm the only one thats even half decent is EE.
    HO is by far the WORST atm.

Thanks for your responses, I don't watch HO so I can't comment on that one.
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Thanks for your responses, I don't watch HO so I can't comment on that one.

yer Iv stopped watching, its lost the plot, at the bottom of the barrel the flies that feast on the sh*t.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Corrie and Emmerdale are definitely in a slump *glares at Blackburn >:(* but Eastenders have only just had the trial with Janine and are gearing up for big stuff happening next month, so definitely not in a slump. Calm before the storm maybe. ^_^