Options

EE: Revive

SoapAddict99SoapAddict99 Posts: 688
Forum Member
✭✭
Could they ever bring back Kathy, Cindy or Pat? It would be controversial however axing Pat was the worst decision in the soap ever made IMO

Comments

• Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    We watched Pat die lol, she's gone.
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is an interesting one as I actually think viewers would accept Pat coming back. The problem is how to get her back as we had seen her dieing and her funeral unlike Den Watts.

The only plausable way is for her to be seen as the ghost of somewhere like Rhys Ashworth was in Hollyoaks and she could give out her advice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    It is an interesting one as I actually think viewers would accept Pat coming back. The problem is how to get her back as we had seen her dieing and her funeral unlike Den Watts.

The only plausable way is for her to be seen as the ghost of somewhere like Rhys Ashworth was in Hollyoaks and she could give out her advice.

There could be a far-fetched explanation perhaps? Maybe she was involved in dodgy dealings so faked her death by being medically induced in a coma therefore assumed dead when she is infact in witness protection.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy, Cindy, Pat and Lucy all appeared in Ian's dream for Children In Need.

I honestly think there's a chance Kathy could be brought back. Her death happened in South Africa, but we never saw it. What if it turns out her body was never found? That's what happened to Dione Bliss in Neighbours. She married Toadie Rebecchi and was in a car crash with him. He survived but her body was never found since 2003.

Gillian Taylforth is a wonderful actress. Much rather see her as Ian and Ben's mum on Eastenders than Sandy Roscoe on Hollyoaks (and has the agony of being mum to that guy with the one facial expression).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy, Cindy, Pat and Lucy all appeared in Ian's dream for Children In Need.

I honestly think there's a chance Kathy could be brought back. Her death happened in South Africa, but we never saw it. What if it turns out her body was never found? That's what happened to Dione Bliss in Neighbours. She married Toadie Rebecchi and was in a car crash with him. He survived but her body was never found since 2003.

Gillian Taylforth is a wonderful actress. Much rather see her as Ian and Ben's mum on Eastenders than Sandy Roscoe on Hollyoaks (and has the agony of being mum to that guy with the one facial expression).

Yeah its where the idea came from really! I really think she should come back as the body was never found.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing is, if they brought Pat back, would viewers take EastEnders seriously ever again? We saw her slowly die & her funeral were all on screen, suggesting she faked her death or was in 'witness protection' could damage the show long term.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would happily accept Pat back if it meant her first scene involved her throwing darts at a picture of Bryan Kirkwood.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,319
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »

Pat faked her death and her funeral with her good old friend and customer Les Coker. She needed to get away from Derek Branning because she was fed up of seeing his ugly face. She is currently residing in a villa in Spain with DCI Burnside and spends her days drinking sangria and sunning herself by the pool.

I thought everyone knew this?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, what's the harm.

Bring Pat back, say she faked he death, and if viewers don't like it, axe her again and say she came back as a ghost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DTC has the guts to do this IMO
  • Options
    SoapAddict101SoapAddict101 Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    As much as I'd love to have Pat back, it'd be totally bizarre of they brought her back since we actually watched her die.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you are a 'psychic medium' like Derek Acorah, Sally Morgan (or any of the despicable parasites preying on the foolish, bereaved or vulnerable) dead is dead.

Bringing back Pat would kill of any of the credibility the show has regained since DTC took charge.

Despite it being one of the worst decisions in EE history Pat is gone - and nothing is ever going to change that.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They couldn't bring Pat back we watched her die of cancer it would be incredibly unrealistic. The others maybe, I don't see a reason to do so atm though.
  • Options
    SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly this is what the soap world is like... Your never safe! Pam St Clement found this out!

If a new producer wants to shock viewers then there the ones to make that decision..

It was however a huge error killing Pat off, she was one of the only classic characters left that dated back to the 80s..

Kathy didnt die on screen, so she could come back, but its been nearly 10 years, so leaving a decade before returning is abit silly!

In Cindy's case, again she died off screen in 1998, 17 years ago! This is such along gap!! Thats were the releasticness comes into it....

If they were to be bought back from the dead, then it should have been done years ago!
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy is realistically the only character that can return and would have reason to in terms of being able to easily slot back into Albert Square.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter how great they were, no dead characters can feasibly return.
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they die of screen there's scope but there'd need to be a reason. They would have got away with Den coming back had he became another long-term character. What harmed him more was that he quickly went away again so not only did it look silly it was worse by ultimately looking pointless.

If they bring a character back from the dead and call shenanigans and that characters stays for 5+ years and once more becomes a mainstay then the circumstance of their return, whilst seeming far-fetched at the time, will soon be forgotten.

But it's like once every 10 years thing, maximum.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    No they are Dead, Dead and Dead. People keep saying that killing x, y or z ruined the show, yet they clamour to bring them back from the dead which would kill the show completely.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you are a 'psychic medium' like Derek Acorah, Sally Morgan (or any of the despicable parasites preying on the foolish, bereaved or vulnerable) dead is dead.

Bringing back Pat would kill of any of the credibility the show has regained since DTC took charge.

Despite it being one of the worst decisions in EE history Pat is gone - and nothing is ever going to change that.

Yes, this.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resurrecting Pat is out of the question as we saw her die. Given Pam's desire to return her death was a pointless waste but it's done now and should remain canon.

It would be easier to bring either Kathy or Cindy back and I'm surprised no EP has tried it. The Den story was barely plausible and they still went with it.

Kathy or Cindy both died off screen. Of the two bringing Cindy back would be more realistic - she was in prison at the time of her death so could easily have been witness to a crime. She loved her kids but was selfish enough to stay away. Even with Peter leaving, Cindy still has a daughter on the show. Kathy loved Ian and Ben too much not to make contact for all this time but they could get round that I suppose.