Options

The Corrie fire is one of the worst and most unrealistic soap scene's ever!

xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
Forum Member
I can't list all the things wrong with it!:D

Why was Carla nearly dead when the fire was so small and the smoke wasn't even that thick :D

Leanne had 2 fire extinguishers yet only bothered to extinguish about a square foot even though the fire was small and could of been put out in seconds :D

No one really seemed bothered that Amy was in there except for Tracy:D

Comments

• Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just awful.
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne and Kal holding onto the door handle - surely it would have been red hot.
    what about the other residents in the flats - no one told them that the place was on fire & everyone kept going in & out & letting the door slam then buzzing to get back in again. absolutely ridiculous.
    too many other things were wrong with that but overall that was embarrassingly bad.
  • Options
    StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, it was awful tonight. The over dubbing of Amy's voice was weird, same with Leanne, their mouths weren't moving... And Liz didn't seem too shocked or bothered by Amy being trapped lol
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    xmel05 wrote: »

Why was Carla nearly dead when the fire was so small and the smoke wasn't even that thick!

Meanwhile Leanne and Kal have been in double the time and are breathing fine...and Amy, the child who's been in there the longest is fine aswell
  • Options
    StandByMe89StandByMe89 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and somehow these small flats had a giant staircase
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree as for the scenes where sally and Liz arrived at victoria court were very poor

have to say the inside fire scenes towards the end with Kal, Leanne and Amy were good
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I just watched it and I'm just... astounded how bad it is. Liz throwing a tantrum was so unrealistically calm. Everyone's reaction to the fire, such as Andy and whats-his-face in the pub, failing to tell them that Amy was even in. Leanne/Kal/Amy having a clear way to exit if they just ran instead of standing there. The whole holding the door handle which would of undoubtedly of burned her.

Horrible. I really didn't think Corrie was at this level of terrible.
  • Options
    josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    xmel05 wrote: »

Why was Carla nearly dead when the fire was so small and the smoke wasn't even that thick :D

Leanne had 2 fire extinguishers yet only bothered to extinguish about a square foot even though the fire was small and could of been put out in seconds :D

I concur, how ridiculous re the fire extinguishers.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    truly appalling !? the smoke inhalation alone would have rendered them all unconscious !! I bet every Fireman in Britain is cringing !?
  • Options
    auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were a few stupid things but the worst for me was why Kal and Leanne didn't just pick up Amy and run out?! They were so eager to run in but decided to hang around for a couple of minutes then slowly make their way out.
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a total insult to the emergency services.
    If I worked for fire and rescue, I would be furious.
  • Options
    TVScanner99TVScanner99 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True but I don't think many people care at this point. Most people are just glad that there's a bit of drama after months of dull episodes.
  • Options
    BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was absolutly ridiculous!
  • Options
    Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I've tuned in for the first time in over a year to watch this - and it's bloody awful.

Firstly, Jane Danson (Leanne) can't fault the woman. Brilliant actress and Leanne had all the right lines and actions.

But Kal, let's be honest, be practically let Leanne run right into that fire!! Practically whispering unconvincingly for her not to go.

Liz more concerned at having a silly strop at Carla rather than worrying for Amy too much.

And Tracey's reaction was piss-poor when she knew Amy was inside. I was expecting screaming, hysteria - she shouted Amy's name like she'd have called Eccles in the park!!!!

Very unconvincing acting from most of them tonight. And this is coming from someone who loved Corrie for 20 years!!
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    auron87 wrote: »
    There were a few stupid things but the worst for me was why Kal and Leanne didn't just pick up Amy and run out?! They were so eager to run in but decided to hang around for a couple of minutes then slowly make their way out.

I know that was my thought too. Having a debate with her to encourage her to run instead of just picking her up
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so much for thet guy from the company who is from the fx company, saying it was gonna be better than the tram and the rovers fire.

That fire could have been put out, with those extinguishers. It could all be over by now.

And how convient the ring road is shut.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Lol, it was awful tonight. The over dubbing of Amy's voice was weird, same with Leanne, their mouths weren't moving... And Liz didn't seem too shocked or bothered by Amy being trapped lol

Apart from when it came to having a go at Carla who looked half dead. She really got stuck in then.

I think the most realistic bit was when Leanne's mobile ran out of battery and so she couldn't just ring the fire bleeding brigade ;-) ^_^
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it on but couldn't watch it as I'm a bit fearful of stuff like that. It was an episode full of silly behaviour (Liz) and awful drama. ....Just to get rid of a couple of characters.
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    Why didn't they just grab Amy and run

I know emergency services are slow in soaps but that was taking the pee tonight
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Carl's reaction that annoyed me the most - Carla's nearly dead on the floor, there's a massive fire, Amy is trapped, and his response - 'This is worst proposal EVER!!!'

Really?

Absolutely pathetic Corrie writers. :(
  • Options
    sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surley when the alarm system was activated it would have deactivated the door so no code was needed like we do at work ??

Also why were there no other residents of the flats outside, or were they all watching BGT ;)
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I don't know where to start with it :D
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That reaction from Liz was pathetic.

The fire was nothing when Carla woke up, wtf just happened.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Highly unrealistic, I agree.
    I liked how the residents were gathered right next to a burning building that could explode at any moment, rather than moving to a safe distance away.
    Someone was quoted as saying it would be better than the Tram Crash. I'm sorry, but no way...
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it on but couldn't watch it as I'm a bit fearful of stuff like that. It was an episode full of silly behaviour (Liz) and awful drama. ....Just to get rid of a couple of characters.

Yeah im a bit like that, ive cerebral palsy, and jump at explosions and stuff, so morealess watched it with the sound down, recorded it will give it another go later.