Options

8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown

Comments

• Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conaty, check. Bailey, check. The Teeth, check. Flintoff...Flintoff??? Aaaarrggh!! I hate Cricket! The most boring sport on the planet. I can tolerate every other comedian/celeb they've had on this series, so why him...unless it's because he's a bit of Jack the Lad who likes a laugh. Isn't he the cricketer who admits that the sport is boring? If so, then that is he's only redeeming quality, but still I would rather have Wilko, or even Dyer, back any day.
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I think it's cute how Roisin and Sean are always flirting.
  • Options
    Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Roisin very irritating; she really can't be as useless at both the letters and the numbers rounds as she appears, Playing dumb is a pretty outdated way to behave.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I find Roisin very irritating; she really can't be as useless at both the letters and the numbers rounds as she appears, Playing dumb is a pretty outdated way to behave.
    I was just about to post the same.

People like Amy Childs, Gemma Collins, Katie Price, Jamelia get ridiculed, and righly so, for being thick as shit yet Conaty acts just as dumb as because she's a comedian she seems to get away with it.

It's getting a bit tiresome now for me.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That rather awful lurid pink frock Rachel is wearing tonight looks as though it is about 5 sizes too small......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first time I've enjoyed this show this series! Love Bill and Rob.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    CherylFan wrote: »
    That rather awful lurid pink frock Rachel is wearing tonight looks as though it is about 5 sizes too small......

She should definitely take it off.
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roisin really irritates the hell out of me. How is it possible to be that thick and still function in the world? I don't think it's an act either, because I don't think that anyone who was capable of working out the answers would pretend that they couldn't. I just think she's as thick as a brick. I wish they wouldn't have people like her on the programme. I do understand that the programme is more comedy than quiz, but I don't find stupidity funny.
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I know most male viewers (i.e. near all of them) are always going on about Rachel, but there's something about Susie Dent that really gets my motor running.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Okay enought now. It was a funny idea as a one off but please bring back the normal cats. It was constantly funny. Not like this. WHo watches this rubbish
  • Options
    Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    Roisin really irritates the hell out of me. How is it possible to be that thick and still function in the world? I don't think it's an act either, because I don't think that anyone who was capable of working out the answers would pretend that they couldn't. I just think she's as thick as a brick. I wish they wouldn't have people like her on the programme. I do understand that the programme is more comedy than quiz, but I don't find stupidity funny.

Well said. I remember Ann Aston, the hostess on the Golden Shot back in the 70s; her entire shtick was that she struggled with adding up a few simple numbers. Her dumb blonde act was regarded as cute and appealing in those days, but mercifully we've moved on since then. Obviously Roisin doesn't realise that.
  • Options
    stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    I know most male viewers (i.e. near all of them) are always going on about Rachel, but there's something about Susie Dent that really gets my motor running.

Susie outclasses Rachel in every way IMO. She's perfect.
    mal2pool wrote:
    Okay enought now. It was a funny idea as a one off but please bring back the normal cats. It was constantly funny. Not like this. WHo watches this rubbish

Catsdown gets consistently higher ratings than the regular show, hence C4 milking it. Still I expect the regular show will return in the autumn anyway, as it normally does.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    stewartuu wrote: »
    Susie outclasses Rachel in every way IMO. She's perfect.

Wrong.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a 'meh' episode for me. Some good bits but ended up fast forwarding a few bits as well. Suzie's "The Dildo is definitely in" line was quite amusing :)

Next weeks is Sean and Liza Tarbuck against Sarah Millican & Romesh Ranganathan with Phil Jupitus in Dictionary Corner.
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have missed this; but where is Jon Richardson and is it just a temporary absence?
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    Roisin really irritates the hell out of me. How is it possible to be that thick and still function in the world? I don't think it's an act either, because I don't think that anyone who was capable of working out the answers would pretend that they couldn't.
    I've not seen the show yet, but sometimes people just don't try. That can be due to "failure conditioning" - they get so used to failing, that they give up. In her case there may be a conscious decision to focus her attention on something else, such as trying to be funny. Also, 30 seconds isn't very long and some people just freeze under the pressure.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have missed this; but where is Jon Richardson and is it just a temporary absence?

Differing opinions as to where he is. Some have said this latest series was filmed around the time he got married so he was away for most of it on honeymoon, but some have pointed out some of the episodes have been filmed more recently.

He could have prior commitments or could just be taking a break from the show overall. Either way, as much as I don't mind him, I personally think the show is better off without him.
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaleHorse wrote: »

I confess I'm one of those people who thinks Rachel Riley is one of the most gorgeous creatures who's ever drawn breath - but I'm not unaware of Susie's charms. Why choose? I'll have them both in a sort of weird Countdown quasi-sportsman's double (we all know who would be playing 'Mummy'.
  • Options
    CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both are very sexy in their own different ways
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've now watched the episode, and thought it was the weakest for a long time. The intros section was dead. I like Bill, but he doesn't have much to contribute on these shows. Roisin was probably the best value. Otherwise the episode lacked energy and I don't think Sean was joking when he said he'd like to be able to go home.
  • Options
    epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I like Bill, but he doesn't have much to contribute on these shows.

It almost seemed like Bill came in with the intention of doing a Dictionary Corner role but instead was asked to be contestant. And which Rob and Roisin being the two worst people they've had on I don't know why they didn't put them head to head.

When Adam Buxton was so good on last week's show it would have been difficult for anyone to stand out this time. Last week they even showed all 3 dictionary corner segments, normally they record 3 and chose the best 2 to include.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a 'meh' episode for me. Some good bits but ended up fast forwarding a few bits as well. Suzie's "The Dildo is definitely in" line was quite amusing :)

Next weeks is Sean and Liza Tarbuck against Sarah Millican & Romesh Ranganathan with Phil Jupitus in Dictionary Corner.

Apart from Sarah, that should be a good one.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The dictionary corner piece must have been the worst ever.

Ok, so they got a joke out of Muller Corner but that was it. Chicken Korma? That's the level you're at as a professional comedian?
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The dictionary corner piece must have been the worst ever.

Ok, so they got a joke out of Muller Corner but that was it. Chicken Korma? That's the level you're at as a professional comedian?

Don't like Beckett either. Did anyone else think Roisin looked really really nervous? Don't know why she bothers going on there unless she's that desperate for money. Does anyone find Bill Bailey funny? Can't really think of anything he has done/said that was funny. The emoji thing was awful.
  • Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,928
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately Bill Bailey has rather regressed over the last 2 or 3 years. He does look pretty jaded these days - also, he's mumbling a lot more now.

Watching him in Part Troll (at his finest) 10 years ago it's actually quite sad at how much he's changed. It's that short delay and panic in his eyes when Carr throws a comment towards him, he's struggling for witty comebacks, which he never used to do.