Options

First Zoella, now PointlessBlog. Have we reached a new low?

13»

Comments

• Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoellas brother recently released a graphic novel "Username: Evie" which has become the fastest selling graphic novel since records began!
    http://www.maximumpop.co.uk/username-evie-breaks-record/
    These Youtubers are hugely popular and successful at what they do!
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the YouTubers have gone into books now. Tyler Oakley, Connor Franta, Jim Chapman, Joe Sugg...

Good for them, why not..

EDIT: I forgot sprinkleofglitter and jenxpenn..
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    Zoellas brother recently released a graphic novel "Username: Evie" which has become the fastest selling graphic novel since records began!
    http://www.maximumpop.co.uk/username-evie-breaks-record/
    These Youtubers are hugely popular and successful at what they do!

He's got a DVD coming out with Caspar Lee too on a road trip of Europe. The fan base these people have is incredible for what they actually do (and I don't say that in a negative way, I like them a lot). They broke the pre-order records on both Amazon and iTunes.

Good on them. I hope they continue to do well.
  • Options
    gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a foreign land to me.........
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something unseemingly about exploiting the presumably predominantly very young audience these vloggers have, particularly as I don't believe parents are generally as up to speed with the vlog scene as they would be with TV programmes/ads that also are aimed at children. Just because the cash-grabbing is happening on a new platform isn't going to make me more likely to say "good on them".
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    I don't see it as exploitation at all, it's fans choosing to buy a product. Their main work, YouTube, is entirely free.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got a DVD coming out with Caspar Lee too on a road trip of Europe. The fan base these people have is incredible for what they actually do (and I don't say that in a negative way, I like them a lot). They broke the pre-order records on both Amazon and iTunes.

Good on them. I hope they continue to do well.

I'd have bought that if it was a bit x-rated:p.

Actually, I accidentally stalked Joe Sugg on the London Underground once..

Without realising instead of getting off at my stop, I ended up following him.. I caught myself before it was too late though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the hatred these vloggers get. What harm are they doing anybody? If I could make money doing what they do, I would in a heartbeat. Good luck to them. No one is forced to pay them any attention if you don't want to.

I don't really follow any of them myself, except maybe GentleWhispering who I do like.
  • Options
    mvlocamvloca Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only ones I like are Pixiwoo because they're the only bloggers that actually act their age. When I watched Tanya "26 and newly married" Burr asking in a high pitched voice "What should I call my new stuffed penguin?" and telling us she couldn't sleep without her stuffed animals I knew I was too old for this game.

Unfortunately a lot have realised the tweens have the cash and have dumbed down their content and baby-fied their voices.

Oh I also like Kate Louise because her style is interesting and her mouth is filthy