Options

Kate Ford is an appalling actress

Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
Forum Member
✭✭
She was awful again tonight!! :eek:

I hope they haven't got her back long term.

Comments

• Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Ford is an amazing actress

Fixed it for you
  • Options
    auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When she was talking to Amy I couldn't decide who was worse! Tracey Barlow is kinda amezzin though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fixed it for you
    Instead of telling us she's 'amazing' why not give reasons and tell us what you find so 'amazing' about her.

She's so wooden you could get splinters from her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally Linz wrote: »
    Instead of telling us she's 'amazing' why not give reasons and tell us what you find so 'amazing' about her.

Her line delivery is perfect she reminds me of Alexis Colby in Dynasty Im almost certain thats who Kate models Tracy on as everything is so similar from line delivery to facial expressions.

fabulous
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the character or the actress. I also don't understand how someone can get a 15 year minimum prison sentence for murdering someone and then be realeased in a couple of years. Furthermore given she has been in prison it is unrealistic that she would just be allowed to walk back in and whisk her daughter away. And Becky was the only one who seemed to think there was anything wrong with this!
  • Options
    speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is an awful actress who is for some reason getting even more worse.
  • Options
    Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful. That permanent gurning in every single scene.

Please. Take her off the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has been shocking since her return and really has brought Corrie down again in quality.
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take her away please, she's spoiling my favourite soap, acting sooo bad
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    So why bring her back - if she is that bad wouldn't they want to re-cast the character
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her line delivery is perfect she reminds me of Alexis Colby in Dynasty Im almost certain thats who Kate models Tracy on as everything is so similar from line delivery to facial expressions.

fabulous

Crap!

She sounds like she's reading from the script.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Whoops I just started a thread on this and then managed to find this one.

Really, really bad actress. Shame...the character has so much potential.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her return should have been really dramatic and exciting but because of the cringeworthy acting from Ms Ford i found myself switching off half way through what should have been an amazing episode.

I have never really rated her as an actress but i dont remember her being this bad last time she was on-screen. Truly awful tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Does anybody remember Tracey Shaw and her awful acting? Maybe that's who Kate is using for her inspiration?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we'll probably get used to her, but I have to admit that seeing her amongst all the other fantastic actors it's near impossible to deny that her acting skills are seriously inferior to those of the other cast members. I really hope she never comes on this forum, because I'm sure she's a lovely woman. I mean, I really WANTED to like her return, but since she came back I just keep noticing plot holes and other things that don't fit and... I am very aware that I'm watching someone act. Not a good sign.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's no Nicole Kidman but she's not exactly awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    i like her :p

im not saying shes some amazing actress, but the crowds of people on here slagging K.F. off is just beyond me! there are many worse females on corrie!!
  • Options
    malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She spoilt what would have otherwise been a really good Christmas episode.Corrie is my favourite soap and I was looking forward to it tonight, but I have to say I actually preferred Emmerdale. As for Eastenders, that would have been good too only for the boring continuing saga of Stacey Slater. Glad to see the back of her, hope also to see the back of Tracey very soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    Crap!

She sounds like she's reading from the script.

Thats your opinion which I respect but I see it differently therefore its not crap
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,922
    Forum Member
    She's dreadful. I mean Tracey isn't meant to be likeable at the best of times, but this is just cringeworthy for all the wrong reasons. They'd have been much better recasting the role if they wanted to bring the character back.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never had any complaints about Kate's acting in the past, but she has noticeably poor in the last two nights. The scene where she was speaking to Amy in the pub was shockingly bad, even for a soap actress! :o
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The character is a pain in the arse. I can't understand why Claire has been sacked, yet Tracy has been brought back.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

fabulous

With respect, I have to disagree - Joan Collins did not do that awful grinning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The character is a pain in the arse. I can't understand why Claire has been sacked, yet Tracy has been brought back.

Because Tracy is an interesting character

Claire is a bore
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    With respect, I have to disagree - Joan Collins did not do that awful grinning.

Oh yes she did I just watched all 9 seasons of Dynasty on CBS Drama and she does it ALOT