Has an unexpected event spoiled Christmas for you? If so, what happened?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My second child was due to be born on 23rd december 2008. Unfortunately she was born asleep, in the august.

that first christmas was absolutely horrific. the 23rd december is also my husbands birthday,he has not had a card ever since. We have an older son,so that 1st year we had to carry on as normal, with decorations ect, I can just remember new years day I was completely grief stricken as to me it felt like we had left her behind as it was now 2009,and my daughter was born in 2008.

But life carrys on,and now we have a young son,so we do the normal christmas stuff for him, however, I know my husband will never ever be able to celebrate his birthday,he barely recognises it is his birthday.
  • PunkchickPunkchick Posts: 2,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Father died a few weeks ago, so not feeling very festive. But going to try and make it a great Christmas for my Mother if I can. Still doesn't feel real.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    My second child was due to be born on 23rd december 2008. Unfortunately she was born asleep, in the august.

that first christmas was absolutely horrific. the 23rd december is also my husbands birthday,he has not had a card ever since. We have an older son,so that 1st year we had to carry on as normal, with decorations ect, I can just remember new years day I was completely grief stricken as to me it felt like we had left her behind as it was now 2009,and my daughter was born in 2008.

But life carrys on,and now we have a young son,so we do the normal christmas stuff for him, however, I know my husband will never ever be able to celebrate his birthday,he barely recognises it is his birthday.

So sorry for your loss. In 1987 I was expecting a much wanted first child after an earlier miscarrage and infertility treatment. The baby was due on 23rd December like yours was. I lost the baby at the end of May and Christmas was so sad that year. However, my treasured son was born in 1988 and has been a great blessing to us. I always think of the one I lost at this time though.
  • Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MIL diagnosed with inoperable and aggressive cancer in the last week - we're told the inevitable could happen at any time :( it's really difficult to know what to do
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    My ex cheated on me with my best mate just before Christmas 2004. To top it off I was beaten up by 2 blokes on the way home from town on Christmas eve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Had a car accident, today. Merry bloody xmas!!!
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    My Dad died on Christmas Day, and I wasn't there.