Big Brother house and outdoor stage to get total revamp

mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
Forum Member
Finally! They'll be a brand new house this year!

I wanna see:

A hot-tub
Sauna
Communal shower
Bunk beds
No more stairs
A proper secret area

You?

Comments

• mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We new this wud happen a few months ago let's hope we get live feed :)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is there any source? i cant wait
  • mugwuffmugwuff Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Source is twitter.com/latestpop - they have a Marcus interview tomorrow.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quote:

Latest #Pop ‏@LatestPop 2h

Big Brother's Marcus Bentley says the house and outdoor stage will be completely revamped for the brand new series. #BB
  • Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May this mean we get a stage like it used to be in the good old days?
    And not all artificial light?
    I miss the 'white' BB house which we haven't seen for 4 years now, ever since BB11 the house has been covered in junk!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who liked the Channel 5 house and stage? You all hated that eye for some reason but it was modern and cool. They wanted to pull in younger viewers. I also think I'm the only one who disliked the barbed wire. I know it's meant to be a social experiment and all that malarkey but it looked so ugly and tacky.
    I don't mind them toning things down a bit. It doesn't have to be too glamorous or anything but when I'm watching it I actually want to see something nice.
    That's if these roumours are actually true.
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    HARSH LIVING ENVIRONMENTS. All I want. Bring back the bunk beds! Make the house small and cramped!
    Forum Member
    No more lavish furniture!
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    We new this wud happen a few months ago let's hope we get live feed :)

without any considerable live feed,the changes they are making really won't make much difference to me and many
    BB has been in name only as far as im concerned since it has been on C5
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh cheers for the twitter linkedge
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    without any considerable live feed,the changes they are making really won't make much difference to me and many
    BB has been in name only as far as im concerned since it has been on C5
    agree I won't be getting excited probaley until live feed is announced
    Forum Member
    I don't know why but I've always hated the stairs. Mate they can have a love lift!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would love an upstairs in the house, similar to bb usa, even just a head of house bedroom
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mugwuff wrote: »
    Finally! They'll be a brand new house this year!

I wanna see:

A hot-tub
    Sauna
    Communal shower
    Bunk beds
    No more stairs
    A proper secret area

You?

bib. how brilliant would bunk bds be, 10 sets of bunk beds would really cheer me up
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want the BB14 house to be as lavish as the other C5 houses there have been. Having said that, I don't want them to go the total opposite way and make it extremely basic, extremely uncomfortable to live in, garish colours that are really difficult on the eye, (etc). I also don't want it to be like the BB7 and BB8 houses where the oven was in the bedroom and the fridge was outside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    samy1014 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who liked the Channel 5 house and stage? You all hated that eye for some reason but it was modern and cool. They wanted to pull in younger viewers. I also think I'm the only one who disliked the barbed wire. I know it's meant to be a social experiment and all that malarkey but it looked so ugly and tacky.
    I don't mind them toning things down a bit. It doesn't have to be too glamorous or anything but when I'm watching it I actually want to see something nice.
    That's if these roumours are actually true.

Unfortunately, I think you're the only one. I didn't like it. The stage was absolutely horrible (whoever thought that putting the interview studio adjacent to the crowd with a small peephole allowing booing and chants to penetrate through was an idiot), I'm not a fan of the rotating bridge, and the front of the house is too overdone. I liked the way they did the house in the last two series on C4: not too overdone. The barbed wire I think adds much more emphasis on the idea of "no contact with the outside world." It also kind of really emphasizes that this house is very well guarded.

I also miss the days when the minivans would pull through and the housemate would pop up, pose for the paps, and walk up the stairs into the house, whilst Davina would list off some information about them. Now it's this cheesy catwalk from the crowd to the paps whilst utterly cruddy Top 40 music is playing in the background, an awkward interview with Brian (though I'm glad he's out), and grating narration from Marcus on the housemate's personal info.
    Forum Member
    I definitely preferred the long walk into the studio to the cheap outdoor stage
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Cars and suitcases over the runway please.
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    http://latestpop.com/1229770
    interview with Marcus Bentley....... he knows very little of whats going on since mr Frow took over