Options

Elvis Rocks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,868
    Forum Member
    BeatleGod wrote:
    I was responding to someones comments about drapolene. Chill out and stop getting so protective about your thread!

Yes, seen the Beatles thread. Perhaps I will start a thread on how Elvis should have died earlier to protect his legacy, perhaps when he joined the army.
    i'm just merely pointing out the fact that you keep posting here with no relevance to the actual thread, if someone here makes a point at you then you can always keep it pm with them and stop ruining these threads for other users who wish to just read about elvis.

If you have a serious debate about elvis then please post it and you're welcome, even one that slates him as you always seem to :D

But remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion the same as you and just because someone quotes you and disagree's with you does not mean you MUST steam in with another post saying how ridiculous their opinion is just because it differs to yours.

I have enjoyed sparring with you but i feel we've reached a point where we've both said all we have to say at the moment, i just want this kept an elvis thread as i'm sure you'd like the beatles one kept a beatles thread.

And i saw your post on the new beatles one and i was quite surprised at how gentle you were with him :D no doubt someone else there will raise your game :)

I look forward to reading it, you do raise some good points i agree with but also a lot that i don't, but that's a democratic society for ya :D

now back to elvis......

This page http://oldies.about.com/od/buyersguides/tp/elvispicks.htm lists a top ten selection of elvis albums, both the 60's masters and 70's WAMIMS were there but i was shocked to see that the 50's masters weren't :eek:

I have all of those albums except for the top ten hits one, but i'll have all those songs anyway :D
  • Options
    BeatleGodBeatleGod Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well back to Elvis then! Never really got the fuss with him....I know he's recorded many great tracks, many timeless....but I am an "album" kind of chap. I don't think Elvis has ever really nailed a perfect LP, say like other solo artists like Dylan, Cat Stevens have.

Listening to Cat Stevens now.....I have doubts that Elvis has produced an album to match "Tea for the Tillerman" and "Teaser and the Firecat" for their beauty. :) Elvis fares better on collating all the best bits from many hit n miss albums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Today is Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Today in
    Elvis Presley History

1960 - Elvis Presley began his first post-Army recording. In Nashville, he recorded "A Mess of Blues."

1964 - The principal photography for the Elvis Presley movie "Roustabout" began.

1965 - Elvis Presley's single "Do The Clam" hit #19 in the U.K.
  • Options
    FutureLoverFutureLover Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elvis is so overrated.
    His music kinda bores me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elvis is so overrated.
    His music kinda bores me.
    That's a shame, he always spoke so highly of you :D
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeatleGod wrote:
    Well back to Elvis then! Never really got the fuss with him....I know he's recorded many great tracks, many timeless....but I am an "album" kind of chap. I don't think Elvis has ever really nailed a perfect LP, say like other solo artists like Dylan, Cat Stevens have.

Listening to Cat Stevens now.....I have doubts that Elvis has produced an album to match "Tea for the Tillerman" and "Teaser and the Firecat" for their beauty. :) Elvis fares better on collating all the best bits from many hit n miss albums.

Take a listen to "Elvis Presley" or "From Elvis In Memphis" for starters, and tell us all that Elvis did not nail a perfect album.

:) Mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark Adams wrote:
    Take a listen to "Elvis Presley" or "From Elvis In Memphis" for starters, and tell us all that Elvis did not nail a perfect album.

:) Mark
    well said mark those were the 2 i was thinking of too.

Great albums, a long time apart, true, but both perfect.

I would also recommend any of his religious albums, each one he won a Grammy for, perhaps the later one to the earlier one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Today is Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today in
    Elvis Presley History

1964 - Elvis Presley's single "Kissin' Cousins" hit #12 in the U.S.

1970 - Elvis Presley's single "Kentucky Rain" hit #16 in the U.S. The song was written by Eddie Rabbit.

1970 - Elvis Presley's "Don't Cry Daddy" hit #8 in the U.K.

1981 - An updated version of Elvis Presley's album "Guitar Man" hit #43 in the U.K.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today is Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today in
    Elvis Presley History

1964 - Elvis Presley's single "Kissin' Cousins" hit #12 in the U.S.
    1970 - Elvis Presley's single "Kentucky Rain" hit #16 in the U.S. The song was written by Eddie Rabbit.

1970 - Elvis Presley's "Don't Cry Daddy" hit #8 in the U.K.

1981 - An updated version of Elvis Presley's album "Guitar Man" hit #43 in the U.K.

Trust Elvis to have a hit with a title like that! In fact ONLY Elvis could have a hit like that! :rolleyes:

Although he only got it on with a 14 year old....so not too bad!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeatleGod wrote:

Although he only got it on with a 14 year old....so not too bad!
    nasty nasty comment :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nasty nasty comment :mad:

I can tell you whats worse....Elvis going with a 14 year old girl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeatleGod wrote:
    Trust Elvis to have a hit with a title like that! In fact ONLY Elvis could have a hit like that! :rolleyes:
    what about jerry lee lewis?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeatleGod wrote:
    you can't possibly say that unless you were there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what about jerry lee lewis?

Trust it to be a cover :rolleyes: My mistake....heaven forbid it could be original.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeatleGod wrote:
    Trust it to be a cover :rolleyes: My mistake....heaven forbid it could be original.
    you just don't get it! :)
  • Options
    mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    BeatleGod wrote:
    You're obviously not interested in a debate on music, as you've ignored Mark's post recommending a couple of Elvis's albums.

I can only assume you're entertained by seeing people's reactions to your comments about Elvis's death and personal life - what a shame that a Beatle "fan" can be so uninterested in music; never mind, those who are into music more than cheap insults seem to outnumber you by far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you can't possibly say that unless you were there!

Can't say what? There was always something a bit dodgy about Elvis!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you just don't get it! :)

Its clicked now, I'm too young to know ALL the scandals of those days! :rolleyes: Yes, very amusing though.....but Elvis was almost as dodgy as Jerry Lee Lewis!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeatleGod wrote:
    Can't say what? There was always something a bit dodgy about Elvis!
    you come out with some ridiculous statements. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're obviously not interested in a debate on music, as you've ignored Mark's post recommending a couple of Elvis's albums.

I can only assume you're entertained by seeing people's reactions to your comments about Elvis's death and personal life - what a shame that a Beatle "fan" can be so uninterested in music; never mind, those who are into music more than cheap insults seem to outnumber you by far.

The post had been noted, so relax!

I find Elvis' life (and death) amusing, as do lots of people. This thread isn't just about Elvis' music, otherwise it would have said "Elvis: His Music.....and music only". Perhaps you want to start that thread eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you come out with some ridiculous statements. :)

Not as ridiculous as dating a 14 year old (unless you were of that age as well)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BeatleGod wrote:
    The post had been noted, so relax!

I find Elvis' life (and death) amusing, as do lots of people. This thread isn't just about Elvis' music, otherwise it would have said "Elvis: His Music.....and music only". Perhaps you want to start that thread eh?
    If you find Elvis's death amusing, I feel sorry for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you find Elvis's death amusing, I feel sorry for you.

As far as deaths go.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BeatleGod wrote:
    Not as ridiculous as dating a 14 year old (unless you were of that age as well)
    dear me! :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Carry on with your wind ups BeatleGod, I'm going back to ignoring you for now, because you obviously are incapable of a proper debate :yawn:

I speak as an admirer of Elvis's acheivements who is also aware of his failings, which many rock stars, including The Beatles, had.

Speaking as a Beatle freak of old, I'm glad to say I haven't known any other fans of them as mean - spirited as you.

Elvis was the first real rocker - the young John Lennon loved his music, and the rest is history; respect to Elvis!