Masterchef Australia the new one starts today

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel like this was on forever and this last episode draaaaaged. Could easily have been condensed into an hour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I've never been a fan of Callum but I have to say he has improved so much in the last few weeks.

So glad Adam won, he has been consistently good. Was a bit nervous when they were praising Callum's desert but I think they got it right in the end, Think it's too soon for Callum, working in the restaurant will be good for him.

Have thoroughly enjoyed this series and don't know what I'm going to do at 7 each evening!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Adam deserved to win but i'm so proud of Callum! really enjoyed this & will miss it now...
  • m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im glad you all enjoyed this great series the second time round for a couple of us......i wonder how much the bbc will nick from this series to put into the next MC..... it can only be a good thing when they do....
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some outrageous looking food and some great contestants.

Its been a really warm and encouraging show... will definitely miss it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see the end of the show, I really enjoyed every episode. Stand out moment for me was when Matt said Aaron's pasta was disgusting and threw the plate down, and then after the ads it showed a beaming Matt saying it was 'disgustingly good'! Aaron's face was a picture!

Adam was a worthy winner and has been consistently good throughout. Callum getting the chance to work with George is a very fitting runner up prize and an excellent opportunity for him.

Don't know what to watch now, any ideas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the perfect show to watch now is "top chef".....episode 3 of series 8 was on this week....its a bit bitchy but top quality food
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    m1pnk wrote: »
    the perfect show to watch now is "top chef".....episode 3 of series 8 was on this week....its a bit bitchy but top quality food

What time day and channel is that on? Thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its an american show not on in the uk at the mo but you can track it down.....try here http://forumw.ca/index.php
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see the end of the show, I really enjoyed every episode. Stand out moment for me was when Matt said Aaron's pasta was disgusting and threw the plate down, and then after the ads it showed a beaming Matt saying it was 'disgustingly good'! Aaron's face was a picture!

That was so mean of him to do that to Aaron! I loved it though :p
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member

That was hilarious! Matt's look of disgust was so perfect, I was totally taken in and spent the whole ad break biting my nails for poor old Aaron!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I'm really glad Adam won, I liked Callum but I didn't think he was as good as Adam although he was great at desserts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    What a great series this has been. I'm so pleased for Adam, and even though I had found out he won a few weeks back it didn't spoil the show for me at all - if I'd found out someone I didn't like had won I don't know if I'd have felt the same!;) - and I still found myself oohing and ahhing through the final.

I really liked the mystery box challenge being turned on the judges - Gary's impression of Jonathan was so funny.

Really going to miss this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    Not watched last night and didn't realise it was a masterclass. Relieved as the hubby and I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and don't want it to end. Never thought they'd be a day when my dear man couldn't wait to watch a TV show!

PS to the FM who found Julie's cookbook, I've tried a few recipes and think my oven must be very different to those in Australia? The ingredients for the chocolate pots had enough quantity for double that and my cakes need a lot more cooking time than recommended. Good BBQ suggestions and the lemon diva cakes are scrumptious.

oh that kind of puts me off buying it

also the lemon diva cupcake recipie is online -

http://www.randomhouse.com.au/editor/documents/OurFamilyTable_lemondivacupcakes.pdf

really enjoyed the final and shed a little tear cos everyone did so well
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this year's final SO much more than last years. Was last year's the same format? I don't remember it being nearly as entertaining, or there being such a feeling of cameraderie amongst the contestants.
  • bandersist2008bandersist2008 Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Adam was a worthy winner and has been consistently good throughout. Callum getting the chance to work with George is a very fitting runner up prize and an excellent opportunity for him.

Don't know what to watch now, any ideas?

the stand out moment for me was when Matt went to the camp in the forest for the army challenge... the way he was standing up atop that truck had me in tucks of laughter and makes me smile whenever I think of it....

Nice velvet suit for the final too, I thought.... ;)

I am going to miss it so much.... we might need to set up a support group while we all go through the withdrawal symptoms...
  • fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay for Adam!! and yay for callum too!! Obviously a very talented young lad - think he will go a long way in the industry!!!

what on earth do i watch in the morning now!!! Daybreak??? Not the same!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    how much better was the winning prize on Masterchef Oz than it is overhere
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the final episode, really glad Adam won and I was surprised how much I blubbed at the end watching it heh

I think I missed the final masterclass though, and I've watched every episode of the series so I feel gutted to know i've missed it :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    We're glad you enjoyed MasterChef Australia.

You will be pleased to hear that Watch will be exclusively showing Junior MasterChef Australia and MasterChef New Zealand in 2011. We will also hopefully be announcing details of the next series of MasterChef Australia early next year.
  • PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd actually like to see the first series, even though I know who won. I only discovered MasterChef Australia series 2. Anyone know if its shown anywhere?
  • fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay for more masterchef on watch!!!!

I have major withdrawl symptoms!!!!
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    UKTV wrote: »

You will be pleased to hear that Watch will be exclusively showing Junior MasterChef Australia and MasterChef New Zealand in 2011. We will also hopefully be announcing details of the next series of MasterChef Australia early next year.

Shoot... just watched the whole series of Junior MC Australia on youtube not long ago....also a brilliant show....these OZ producers really know how to do such shows...it almost shame UK version in comparison.

Looking forward to MC NZ not least because of Ross Burden (no wonder he's no longer on any UK Food channels).
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member

Oooh! Fab news!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great news! Any chance of a repeat of the first series of Masterchef Australia? Go on, make my Christmas!