Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, for someone who claimed she didn't want to spoil everyone's evening, she did a bloody good job of it! What an absolute cow to make such a public fuss of it, why she couldn't have had a private grievance with the 2 women I don't know! Horrible woman, and out of all of the places featured this week, the Richwood is the only one I wouldn't bother with! I so hope they finish last!

Bring on the showdown tomorrow! :D
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually post in the FIAB thread (I often read though). My god Veronica and Saida were rather appalling.
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for someone who claimed she didn't want to spoil everyone's evening, she did a bloody good job of it! What an absolute cow to make such a public fuss of it, why she couldn't have had a private grievance with the 2 women I don't know! Horrible woman, and out of all of the places featured this week, the Richwood is the only one I wouldn't bother with! I so hope they finish last!

Handbags at dawn:eek:
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That glass was really filthy and the mattress wasn't much better - but where did the vomit smell come from in the few hours they weren't in the room?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    paul may come into his own

perhaps she does have some resentment about aging, but her partner seems younger, maybe not, its hard to tell.

Ive slept on wet grass and beer stained, **** burned carpets. A less than new mattress with a clean sheet is fine.

I think Paul seems pretty reasonable, I like him, not sure he slagged off blonde lady tonight much either.

Same as, the mattress obviously wasn't great but not beyond sleeping on. Ooh I hope they come last Ms Pickles and co, that's what they deserve
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    Perhaps is was just the smell of the sheep clinging to their clothes after the shearing activity.............Paul did mention that sheep tend to smell?

Interesting theory, a bit undermined by the fact that V&S didn't actually shear any sheep;)

Why was the smell greater in the evening? My guess is the rooms were aired before the guests arived but they then shut the windows and went out so the smell built up. It seems many on here have taken against V&S but the fact remains the matress was pretty rank and Helen admited it was her daughters so we're not talking coffee stains like in the last big staingate on fiab.
    Why was the matress her daughters anyway? Was the room usually her daughters or were guests rooms furnished with family cast-offs?
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a prime candidate for bringing back the ducking stool.

The ducking stool is too good for her. I say get get the fire built!! :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    The ducking stool is too good for her. I say get get the fire built!! :D;)

They did that to Chris Dorner in America yesterday:eek::eek:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

haha quite, I'm glad Ben spoke up and defended them. Tomorrow is going to be such fun and so awkward, can't wait
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise-ann wrote: »
    I don't usually post in the FIAB thread (I often read though). My god Veronica and Saida were rather appalling.

Hi Louise!

Yes, they were rather, werent they....could have handled it a whole lot better than they did......BIG mistake I think
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Good god, what a horrible way to go about things, although clearly egged on by the production team to create 'drama,' it never ceases to amaze me why people would portray themselves in such a bad light on national television to millions of potential customers! Very, very poorly conducted on their part, you call the host up and allow them to help, its what they're there for!!:mad::mad: Really, there was nothing overtly wrong with that room, mattress slightly stained and a bit of cleaning things can be rectified and certaintly didn't require the dramatic walk out-What a vile pair, for a business that struggles I hope their appalling behavior tonight sinks them and they can bugger off back to Lebanon!
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    divingbboy wrote: »
    I think they were shocked and upset.
    Dont agree with her bringing it up in front of everyone else...there are nicer ways of dealing with problems like these...

Totally agree. So bad-mannered to bring it up in front of everyone
    Pedro wrote: »
    Perhaps is was just the smell of the sheep clinging to their clothes after the shearing activity.............Paul did mention that sheep tend to smell?

I think that's probably the answer.

jamtamara wrote: »
    Saida says no.

:D
    Which maybe true...but none of the others smelt anything and they all sheared sheep!

Veronica and Saida were the only ones who didn't touch a sheep but neither did they immediately shower when they got back.

Hear hear!

They deliberately sabotaged tonight's hostesses.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-ordered my popcorn for tomorrow's show :)
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Ooh I hope they come last Ms Pickles and co, that's what they deserve

Ms Pickles: soaked in vinegar, in a jar as tight as a... well, never mind, it's Valentine's Day, I mustn't be cruel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don`t think I`ll be watching BG...it made nasty viewing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so glad this is a new thread and then I can forget I thought V&S might be good hosts (with Saida being a good cook). I realy cannot fathom how people think they can come across as reasonable with the decisions they took. And if the production team are encouraging you and manipulating the situation, you can still make your own mind up and think if I do this I will just look like a vindictive old biddy..(I mean I can do that all on my ownLOL)
    Talk about picking your moments..when everyone is having a nice dinner. At least whatever was going on between Paul and the blondes has now dissipated and yes aren't the young couple doing themsleves all the favours. Smart move wether you win or not..come across as reasonable, fair human beings and people just might want to stay with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gobsmacked at tonight's prog! :eek:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of finding a stained mattress are; Veronica went for maximum impact by telling everyone about it after dinner and nearing bedtime.This not only caused a bad atmosphere at the table but did she try to manipulate the others into feeling uncomfortable about their rooms too?

Thanks goodness sense prevailed and Paul challenged them about leaving it so late and not giving Helen the opportunity to piut things right. I'm so glad the others looked at the room with Helen.

Veronica and Saida were very unreasonable. After seeing their B&B and looking at the TA reviews, I wouldn't go near their place unless it had been completely overhauled and got new owners. Quirky? Pfft.

I would however, have no problem whatsoever staying at Helen's hotel. Veronica & Saida probably realised that their place was the worst and that they were going to be last in the comp. Hence a bit of last minute scheming.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week's properties don't seem to have hit the spot with the C4 4iaB website commentators. There are only a handful of comments this week and none for tonight. A post from Monday's episode - Paul's - adds a bit of info to the show, though...

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/episode-guide/series-4/episode-26
    My husband and I recently stayed at Hamlet house for the first time. Its wonderful to see it appear on the channel 4 show. We loved out stay and found the room comfortable and immaculate. All the rooms had en-suites and the room we stayed at had its own bathroom and WC next door. Breakfast was excellent and the host very friendly and helpful. 10 out of 10 for cleanliness. Paul Workman and his wife Yvonne have created a wonderful Shakespearian experience for those who want to see a play and stay somewhere warm and welcoming nearby. We will certainly return and would have no hesitation in recommending charming guest house. Its obviously popular as all the rooms were occupied with multi-national visitors. Thank you for looking after us.

(Someone may have linked to this already and I've missed it...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It will probably call for much more than popcorn! Time to get out the strong liquor;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    This week's properties don't seem to have hit the spot with the C4 4iaB website commentators. There are only a handful of comments this week and none for tonight. A post from Monday's episode - Paul's - adds a bit of info to the show, though...

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/episode-guide/series-4/episode-26

(Someone may have linked to this already and I've missed it...)

So the 'WE' was wifey!
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Veronica & Saida probably realised that their place was the worst and that they were going to be last in the comp. Hence a bit of last minute scheming.

^Totally this^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ive slept on wet grass and beer stained, **** burned carpets. A less than new mattress with a clean sheet is fine.

No, I'd be no judge either having slept rolled up in tarpaulin on the deck of the IOM ferry. Now there was a smell a vomit...I couldn't stay in the cabins as everyone was reacting to the storm and it was fresher on deck.:eek:
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,686
    Forum Member
    I went through the thread clicking on posts to multi quote and we'll be here to the end of the series if I do quote them all - suffice it to say that I more or less agree with everyone :D
    The older woman (who doesnt stay tonight - cant remember her name) sounds like the ex-model who was on CBB (the one who was in the VW ads)...

Veronica, as you know by now BG, doubt you'll forget her in a hurry and yes, she sounds just like Paula Hamilton, although she looks so very different.
    divingbboy wrote: »
    If you want to see some epically ungracious, OTT responses on tripadvisor, I present to you.............
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186245-d227560-Reviews-Camelot_Castle_Hotel-Tintagel_Cornwall_England.html

OMG, I found that hotel on the net once and thought (from their own site) how lovely it looked ... and then I looked into it a bit more deeply :eek:
    Was it's just me or did Saida look a bit shifty/embarrassed? What awful behaviour.
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Outwardly it looks as if Veronica is the boss but Saida is pulling the strings.
    "Im sorry, my bad, I did not mean to hurt you"
    Now accusing Helen of taking it the wrong way...

I'm not sure in what other way you could take an announcement to all and sundry at the dinner table? especially after she'd said she'd be discreet - maybe the crew orchestrated that it should be at dinner, but it was absolutely appalling and yes, I think Saida pulls the strings.

Janet, you're right, you would think they ran The Ritz.
    Shame Helen didn't take a £250 deposit and keep it once the other guests had checked the room and agreed there wasn't a smell and that they'd be happy to stay in the room :rolleyes:
    Louise-ann wrote: »

Welcome, it's always the baddies who bring new posters on to the thread :D
    Normandie wrote: »
    A post from Monday's episode - Paul's - adds a bit of info to the show, though...

Not seen that Normandie, thanks.
    I think he does a good job and has been quite fair, and I've said that before - no idea what went on between him and Cathy, but it seemed ok today.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's show now and what spills out and yes, Ben was a gent, good for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hooter wrote: »
    They did that to Chris Dorner in America yesterday:eek::eek:

Sad story. :(
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Sorry to disagree with so many on here but that mattress was just awful. I was manager of four holiday homes and would never have let a mattress in that condition be in any of them. The room wasnt clean, there were several other things that left it lacking.

However, it just shows that the two woman running the B&B do not know what standards are required and prove an earlier point I made that thinking they can start a B&B without any training and thinking the room was clean also meant they didnt check their staff or trained their staff to the correct levels.

The fact that the women who complained were dislikeable does not change the fact that the room was not of a standard. If the rooms were not cleaned correctly, what other things were not to the correct levels required by the Food ands Hygiene regulations.

Hopefully it will be a wake up call to the owner of the B&B to get some training, there are courses available, a check list of cleaning chores will ensure all areas are cleaned and checked to be immaculate.

I feel the complainers are being targeted on a "shoot the messenger" basis on here and misplaced sympathy for the failings of owner, who if it is realised checked every nook and cranny of all the other rooms and didnt hold back in their feedback.
This discussion has been closed.