Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a thought whoever took this plane could of landed it somewhere without raising suspecion and then changed its look like re sprayed it. I know that sounds mad but it could be a possibility

I've heard some crazy theories and this is one of them; you can't get a plane resprayed as easily as a car!

As for people saying there is still hope of the passengers being alive, there's absolutely no chance of that either (although I can understand the relatives hoping that) Over 200 people can't just disappear. If they are on land and anyone is still alive, somehow they would be able to get a message to the outside world.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least im thinking of ideas of what could of happened instead of obsessing over Kay Burley like everyone is doing
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least im thinking of ideas of what could of happened instead of obsessing over Kay Burley like everyone is doing

Maybe expanding it beyond "terrorists did it", might help?
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC News 24 are reporting that there's some new data from Australia regarding the route the plane took. Sorry, I don't know the details, only just happened to spot it while channel hopping.
  • GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your recent posts, don't equate that there was any thinking involved before posting.:confused:
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe expanding it beyond "terrorists did it", might help?

Once the plane exceeded VTT* of 88mph, anything was possible.

*Velocity for Time Travel
  • GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once the plane exceeded VTT* of 88mph, anything was possible.

*Velocity for Time Travel

It might turn up before it went missing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once the plane exceeded VTT* of 88mph, anything was possible.l

:D:D

If only they had resprayed the DeLorean, everybody would assume it was a Ford Fiesta. .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That couldn't of happened though. "If" they landed it safely it probably wouldn't be in a fit state to take off again. They would need repairs, aviation fuel and not to mention somewhere to put 200 odd people.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,506
    Forum Member
    Just today I was trying to [deleted!] on my work printer for my bosses daughters uni project (who'd have known that printers won't allow you to do that :confused:) but if there was suddenly a wave of [deleted!] being used in my village I could be suspected of having something to do with it, despite it being 100% innocent.

Oh dear you've done it now! You've probably triggered at least three key words down at the GCHQ Internet surveillance system! Don't forget to have your mail redirected to Guantanamo Bay before you leave us... :o
    I'm not willing to throw the pilot to the lions yet as I've seen no evidence that he's done anything wrong at all.

The above I agree with, we have no idea who or even if anyone is responsible for this (what looks like a) tragedy.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was heading to the south pole according to BBC News just now.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nilrem wrote: »
    I think it's either Finland or Sweden that has large amounts it's highway and A road network laid with the intent of using it for smaller military jets in the event of war, basically they know their airforce bases and proper runways will likely be taken out fast in any attack, so they made much of their road network able to act as impromptu airstrips, but there is a world of difference in what a jet fighter can take off on and what an airliner can (other countries spend a fortune on STOL jets for operating from short or damaged airfields, they made the whole country an airfield)..

Definitely Sweden does. I've driven on the very roads that open up very wide with all the trees trimmed back. It's quite clear you're on a runway.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Finland isn't the same, and Norway, or indeed other countries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was heading to the south pole according to BBC News just now.

Does that officially make the list of where it isn't shorter than the list of where it is?
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the plane refuelled (sp) yet.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    BBC News 24 are reporting that there's some new data from Australia regarding the route the plane took. Sorry, I don't know the details, only just happened to spot it while channel hopping.
    They said it was heading for the South Pole....
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    It's quite clear you're on a runway....
    or indeed other countries.
    Not the USA though, that's just a myth:
    http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/airstrip.asp
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a thought whoever took this plane could of landed it somewhere without raising suspecion and then changed its look like re sprayed it. I know that sounds mad but it could be a possibility

:D:D

Would buying a fleet of lorry's worth of spray cans not arouse suspicion?

Airplane ringers in The Maldives!

This is my new favourite theory :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    They said it was heading for the South Pole....
    http://www.businessinsider.com/737-lands-on-ice-runway-in-antarctica-2012-12
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    People have got to forget about the plane being hijacked and landing. This was a possible theory after day 1 but not after day 12.
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    I suggested a fire, slowy disabling key systems, as my own theory - purely because there have been other crashes caused by fire and they didn't take the plane down instantly.

Indeed there have been such incidents - Swissair 111 and Valujet 592 come instantly to mind.

One thing against this scenario is that in both the other incidents, the flight crew were able to call ATC and report the problems.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently* a ransom demand has been received but, because different countries have different policies on ransoms, they can't agree on whether to pay or not.

* in my imagination
  • NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Oh dear you've done it now! You've probably triggered at least three key words down at the GCHQ Internet surveillance system! Don't forget to have your mail redirected to Guantanamo Bay before you leave us... :o

The above I agree with, we have no idea who or even if anyone is responsible for this (what looks like a) tragedy.

:o Can I still get internets there? I'm not going unless I can >:(

At first I thought this was a horrible tragedy, then I thought it had to be hijacking but I'm coming round more & more to the horrible tragedy line of thought again :(
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So news has come out saying the plane was heading to the south pole WTF
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So news has come out saying the plane was heading to the south pole WTF

Bollocks, everyone knows it was headed North, Santa's had enough of making his deliveries on those stinking reindeers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an interview with Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim on CNN Amanpour where he confirms the pilot is related to his daughter in law, and that he is an activist in his party & was apparently upset at the Appeal Court's decision

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/19/pilot-against-any-form-of-extremism-says-malaysian-opposition-leader-anwar-ibrahim-who-knows-him/
This discussion has been closed.