RIP Leonard Nimoy

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sad indeed, big part of my childhood and in fact all through my life.
    Started watching Star Trek in 1969, when first broadcast in UK. Timing was perfect, as kids we were all excited about landing on the moon that July 1969.
    Have been loving the rerun of TOS on CBS action recently.
    I always loved the episode of Columbo he did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like Perkins and Norman Bates, Spock probably ruined his career, but I hope he didn't come to resent the great work he did on the ST TV show and films.

If an actor ever inhabited a long running role to perfection and made it his own, it was Nimoy.

If someone hasn't already officially named a planet , moon or asteroid after him I shall be most annoyed.
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy. He lived long and he prospered. May we all do the same. I'm sure he'd forgive me for an emotional reaction over a logical one.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP Leonard Nimoy
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd already RIP'd him on FB yesterday, but wanted to say on here how very sad I was at Leonard Nimoy's passing. There are many tales of him being a very nice nan - a gentleman in every sense of the word.

Yes, his best known role was as Spock, in a show which introduced me to the world of fandom. I spent many years attending, stewarding at and eventually running conventions, in the days before they became professional, money-oriented things. He and the rest of the Enterprise crew were instrumental in shaping my life (even if ST wasn't actually my favourite series in the 60s! Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was!). But he was excellent in every role he played.

Thank you, Mr Nimoy, for being an extraordinary actor and an extraordinary human being. You will be much missed. RIP Mr Spock. LLAP.
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add my thoughts, I loved all the Star Trek films and series and Spock was my favourite character....my favourite quote was from the Wrath of Khan and I shed a tear when he died......"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" he lived long and prospered, RIP Leonard x
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildhollie wrote: »
    Just to add my thoughts, I loved all the Star Trek films and series and Spock was my favourite character....my favourite quote was from the Wrath of Khan and I shed a tear when he died......"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" he lived long and prospered, RIP Leonard x

the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, is important lesson we could all live by
  • JKA167JKA167 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Like many others I was saddened to hear the news of Leonard Nimoy's passing. He will be remembered for creating an icon of television, Mr Spock. Other Star trek cast members ( William Shatner and George Takai) told of his acting genius in making Spock such a memorable character. Growing up watching Trek, Spock for me was always a favourite and it is sad that a great and versatile actor is gone. Live long and prosper.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange that such an amazing legacy can be created from a show which in all honesty stumbled three series before it was cancelled. Star Trek though has become a worldwide icon -pioneering in many ways and leaving an ongoing footprint almost 50 years on.

So RIP Leonard Nimoy, a huge part of the legacy and an instantly recognisable image of tv and movie history.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    When I was 13, Leonard Nimoy was my first love (well, Mr Spock was). I was a member of his fan club, and had photos of him on my wall. I was and still remain after over 40 years a die hard Trekker and I am so sad at the loss of the man who captivated me so many decades ago. Rest in Peace Leonard, and thank you.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dennis C wrote: »
    R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy. He lived long and he prospered. May we all do the same. I'm sure he'd forgive me for an emotional reaction over a logical one.[/QUOTE]

Quite apt :)

.........and Im sure he would.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shatner really is a dick, isn't he. :(
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Shatner really is a dick, isn't he. :(

i think you mean captain jerk
  • iceolaiceola Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can any one recall the episode that Spock got something wrong and he went into a sort of depressed state?
    As being a Vulcan he was not allowed to get anything wrong.

Thanks in advance